Prudential plc Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Mike Wells

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Pros

Good opportunities for development; management fair and willing to make changes necessary for growth.

Cons

Large, complex company - can sometimes slow down decision making.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating openly.

2. "Great employee perks and flexible working offered"

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Great healthcare packages, share save, free bus transportation, large company therefore lots of job opportunities

Cons

Remote site not close to many amenities

3. "Great"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Prudential plc as an intern

Pros

great work ethic and supportive environment and opportunities too learn

Cons

too laid back at times!

Advice to Management

keep it up

4. "Hong Kong wealth management center internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Prudential plc as an intern

Pros

The training was good. Had a lot of fun doing projects with the team.

Cons

The intern was only one week, wish it was longer.

5. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very friendly and awesome place to work in. Not much to complain. A very good place to grow and nurture into a fine being

Cons

Nothing much I can complain about except the low pay but I guess we are here to learn not to earn.

Advice to Management

Good job management, I like the laser tags, yogalates, piloxing events and all the marketing strategies!

6. "Career Opportunities"

Former Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Prudential plc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been able to progress my career with Prudential, getting opportunities to change jobs within the organisation. They look after their staff.

Cons

Sometimes the risk averse culture means that there are too many hurdles to jump over to get things done. This can be a bit frustrating.

Advice to Management

Cut down the layers of bureaucracy so that things can be done faster. Keep valuing the people who work there and offering opportunities to move throughout the business.

7. "D2C Contact Centre"

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Attractive salary, bonus and benefits. Free parking and free buses from lots of areas, making it easier to get to work. Constant change due to the industry which makes no two days the same, this keeps you on your toes and ensures your days are not mundane. Plenty of opportunity for progression and development. I love working for the contact centre, I love the people and the team I am in. The team managers (who basically do 3 jobs in one) are very approachable, knowledgable and really look out for their staff. Now that the department has changed the layout, it's a real feeling of one team. If you want to work somewhere where you are truly helping the customer in a pivotal point in their lives, D2C contact centre is the place to work. It is a challenging job, hence the pay package offered but I thrive off challenges.

Cons

Parking (although free) is a nightmare although I believe this is being sorted shortly. The contact centre has had some new external senior leadership recently but due to them not knowing the business and the industry, the ideas they have are not realistic and therefore not being implemented. It is really busy and therefore resource doesn't always allow for time off when needed yet the senior leadership team work from home most Fridays and really whenever they want. This doesn't bode well as a consultant, when we are working so hard, the team managers are trying to be coaches, technical leaders and a team managers but the senior staff are at home, there is no support for the managers, therefore less support for consultants as a result. We are targeted on sales but we are not a sales department, this baffles me. We have no KPI's so I have no idea what I am working towards. The systems are so old fashioned I don't see how they will ever be in the digital world. The job role leads you to believe it's a standard contact centre but it's really not. Calls average about 30mins each and some can be over an hour. It's a lot more technical and in depth than any contact centre I have worked in and heavily scrutinised by risk. You can fail a perfect hour long call for not saying one particular statement (OMO) for the 7th time in one call-even when the customer is getting annoyed at being told it over and over. The customer journey's and frameworks need to be SERIOUSLY simplified.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs a serious overhaul, having external leadership with no idea of how the business is run doesn't work in this instance. They have no interest in the actual customer journeys and I have yet to see any of them sit with a consultant or listen to actual calls.

If it wasn't for the team managers and my team, I would of left a long time ago. They get landed with everything but still come in everyday and work every hour under the sun and do it with a smile. my manager is by far the best manager I have ever had but I don't know why she hasn't walked with all the pressure put on the team managers at present.

The senior leadership team should adopt the same work ethic as the managers and start to be more visible, offer more support and look after the managers better, so they can actually do what they are meant too and spend more time with their teams.

8. "Direct to Consumer...Retirement team"

Current Employee - Retirement Consultant in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a real feeling of 1 team. Everyone is really hands on and works together with same end goal...the customer.

Lots of change and department getting a whole big facelift to bring into the digital world. This brings it's own challenges but those who are willing to grab them have the potential to really go far.

Also...as with all things new and changing...you have the opportunity to shape how the future looks and you are encouraged to do so.

Cons

Systems are inadequate and parking has become a nightmare. Still better than city centre though.

Advice to Management

Know your business
    Be more visible....this is senior managers I mean!

9. "PMO Manager / Consulting Manager"

Former Contractor - PMO Manager/Consulting Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - PMO Manager/Consulting Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Prudential plc as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top 500 fortune listed companies.
    Global player and global exposurer
    Has a great CSR policy.

Cons

Certain functions follow old rigid processes

Advice to Management

Whilst focus is on and Community; there should be more focus on internal people capabilities rather than external.

10. "Review"

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Great commission and income provided

Cons

Regulatory risk that cause uncertainy

Advice to Management

Be adaptive to market trends