Prudential plc Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Mike Wells
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Analyst in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A very friendly and awesome place to work in. Not much to complain. A very good place to grow and nurture into a fine being

Cons

Nothing much I can complain about except the low pay but I guess we are here to learn not to earn.

Advice to Management

Good job management, I like the laser tags, yogalates, piloxing events and all the marketing strategies!

"Poor Skills and Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Prudential plc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing as such to mention as pros

Cons

High to mid level Management only one race in abundance.
    Political environment, back stabbing.
    Lack of direction.
    Reading finance team poorly equipped and badly managed.
    Poor actuary valuation team all around.

Advice to Management

Learn from other big organisations how to motivate teams.
    Less politics and focus more on self and human development.
    Stop blaming others for your faults.

"Partner"

Current Employee - Partner in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partner in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Good products especially with profit funds.

Cons

Red tape and constantly changing cams and can't dos. No consistency in advice checking.

Advice to Management

Pay realistic bonuses with bonus structures worth working hard for.

"Employee in UK business - possibly a sinking ship"

Former Employee - Grade III in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Grade III in London, England (UK)

Pros

Competitive benefits package.
    Good work/life balance
    Mostly nice colleagues

Cons

Lots of uncertainty in terms of future strategy.
    Few opportunities of advancement
    Staff restructuring is prevalent and high turnover of staff in last year

Advice to Management

More investment in its people and provide career progression plans.
    Better communication of company plans and strategy.

5. "Career Opportunities"

Former Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - General Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Prudential plc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been able to progress my career with Prudential, getting opportunities to change jobs within the organisation. They look after their staff.

Cons

Sometimes the risk averse culture means that there are too many hurdles to jump over to get things done. This can be a bit frustrating.

Advice to Management

Cut down the layers of bureaucracy so that things can be done faster. Keep valuing the people who work there and offering opportunities to move throughout the business.

6. "D2C Contact Centre"

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Attractive salary, bonus and benefits. Free parking and free buses from lots of areas, making it easier to get to work. Constant change due to the industry which makes no two days the same, this keeps you on your toes and ensures your days are not mundane. Plenty of opportunity for progression and development. I love working for the contact centre, I love the people and the team I am in. The team managers (who basically do 3 jobs in one) are very approachable, knowledgable and really look out for their staff. Now that the department has changed the layout, it's a real feeling of one team. If you want to work somewhere where you are truly helping the customer in a pivotal point in their lives, D2C contact centre is the place to work. It is a challenging job, hence the pay package offered but I thrive off challenges.

Cons

Parking (although free) is a nightmare although I believe this is being sorted shortly. The contact centre has had some new external senior leadership recently but due to them not knowing the business and the industry, the ideas they have are not realistic and therefore not being implemented. It is really busy and therefore resource doesn't always allow for time off when needed yet the senior leadership team work from home most Fridays and really whenever they want. This doesn't bode well as a consultant, when we are working so hard, the team managers are trying to be coaches, technical leaders and a team managers but the senior staff are at home, there is no support for the managers, therefore less support for consultants as a result. We are targeted on sales but we are not a sales department, this baffles me. We have no KPI's so I have no idea what I am working towards. The systems are so old fashioned I don't see how they will ever be in the digital world. The job role leads you to believe it's a standard contact centre but it's really not. Calls average about 30mins each and some can be over an hour. It's a lot more technical and in depth than any contact centre I have worked in and heavily scrutinised by risk. You can fail a perfect hour long call for not saying one particular statement (OMO) for the 7th time in one call-even when the customer is getting annoyed at being told it over and over. The customer journey's and frameworks need to be SERIOUSLY simplified.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs a serious overhaul, having external leadership with no idea of how the business is run doesn't work in this instance. They have no interest in the actual customer journeys and I have yet to see any of them sit with a consultant or listen to actual calls.

If it wasn't for the team managers and my team, I would of left a long time ago. They get landed with everything but still come in everyday and work every hour under the sun and do it with a smile. my manager is by far the best manager I have ever had but I don't know why she hasn't walked with all the pressure put on the team managers at present.

The senior leadership team should adopt the same work ethic as the managers and start to be more visible, offer more support and look after the managers better, so they can actually do what they are meant too and spend more time with their teams.

"D2C Consultant"

Current Employee - D2C Consultant in Stirling, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - D2C Consultant in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time

Pros

Companies Global position. Attractive salary and package. Free parking, Costa Coffee, Some great people. My team managers were fantastic and worth their weight in gold.

Cons

Computer systems are outdated and needs a full overhaul. The processes are in the dark ages making the job more difficult than necessary and needs simplified with more structure. Far too many updates and changes daily/monthly it is information overload meaning mistakes can easily be made. Which are then penalised with Audits. The training was not the 12 week intense course that was stated within the job description. Training being delivered which had not been signed off. Not to mention the added pressure due to being told- on your first day- "you don't have the job yet" and then reminded of that fact on frequent occasions which intensified the pressure. Validations at the end of training are terrible you can't make one single error. Your told it's three strikes and your out the door. This has a negative impact on the Consultant in the validation stages.

The job description does not match the job role. It was sold it's not like a call centre, I can assure you it's very very much a call centre. I personally felt like it was a sales position in disguise. By selling the service and taking customers down a journey to issue Options pack when they only wanted a value. These customers are then followed up if not accessed the plans. Customer journey is terrible and very repetitive due to reading scripts. This journey leads to lots of complaints from frustrated policy holders. This is due to the company being heavily risk orientated and prefer to cover themselves than the customers best interest. This will stop the company from moving forward into the digital age and meeting customers requirements.

Department layout is not team friendly and not all teams can bond and work together, especially with frequent desk/team reshuffles.

I don't think the team works as one. I never got the feeling of a united team the whole time I worked there. You have mixed skill sets with different products and knowledge doing different stages of the customer journey. It causes frustration and morale issues especially for the guys who take difficult call after another all day long and others sit with nothing to do most of the day.

Training team do give support but the training itself needs to be much better. Training should be fully signed off, with all updates in place, before you roll it out. Especially with the standard of work that is expected by Risk and Business Quality on the back of it. I always felt that no matter how poor the training was, any blame from the prevalent workplace blame culture would land back at my feet and not be picked up as a training issue.

Advice to Management

Keep the new Senior Operation Manager if you can. Her outlook for the future is where the company needs to move. More managers with her mind set are the only way to turn this department/Company around she is enthusiastic, caring for both customers and colleagues.

The Acting Operations Manager has all the people skills and decorum for the job- keep her in place. Be more customer orientated- stop putting barriers in front of customers. Investing in suitable computer system is a must for the digital age. Look at the risk controls for the customer journey.
    Move all the old team managers out for new as it's such a clique. One in particular rules the roost and its pretty much a school playground. A wise man once said look after the colleague as they will look after the customers.

8. "Human Resources GHO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company, somewhat good salary

Cons

No progression, leadership just wastes your time, never had a development conversation nor they tried to develop me. They do not know what they want and it is very frustrating

9. "Direct to Consumer...Retirement team"

Current Employee - Retirement Consultant in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Prudential plc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a real feeling of 1 team. Everyone is really hands on and works together with same end goal...the customer.

Lots of change and department getting a whole big facelift to bring into the digital world. This brings it's own challenges but those who are willing to grab them have the potential to really go far.

Also...as with all things new and changing...you have the opportunity to shape how the future looks and you are encouraged to do so.

Cons

Systems are inadequate and parking has become a nightmare. Still better than city centre though.

Advice to Management

Know your business
    Be more visible....this is senior managers I mean!

10. "PMO Manager / Consulting Manager"

Former Contractor - PMO Manager/Consulting Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - PMO Manager/Consulting Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Prudential plc as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

Top 500 fortune listed companies.
    Global player and global exposurer
    Has a great CSR policy.

Cons

Certain functions follow old rigid processes

Advice to Management

Whilst focus is on and Community; there should be more focus on internal people capabilities rather than external.