PruittHealth Reviews | Glassdoor

PruittHealth Reviews

Updated August 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

2.4
PruittHealth Chairman and CEO Neil Pruitt Jr.
Neil Pruitt Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company has a lot of locations so it's easy to find something close to home (in 5 reviews)

• Great people to work with in a friendly environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No paid holidays, no paid sick time or bereavement (in 15 reviews)

• HUGE disconnect between upper management and the regular workers (in 18 reviews)

"Exceptional Hospice Organization"

Former Employee - Hospice Nurse
    Former Employee - Hospice Nurse

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mr. Pruitt and his corporate leadership team implement more contests, activities, etc. for employees to boost morale and satisfaction than any company I've seen. They don't have to do it. They want to! If you want to be the best, you have to give your best! What other CEO would form a full committee to review company CNA uniforms to find the most durable, breathable and comfortable ones? I'll tell you who: The CEO that goes in like an average Joe and gets to know each employee, and asks them what he can do better to make their work life better! Mr. Neil Pruitt! Now THAT is class. Pruitt Hospice really does end up feeling like an extended family. There will be tension and disagreements, as with any family, but at the end of the day: the PruittHealth Hospice family will be there. They are also the highest paying home care organization in this area. The benefits are fine and management is very understanding of any personal/family matters that need to be taken care of. Flexible hours and a strong support system (Consultants, AVP, etc) always available if an issue arises. Pruitt strives for excellence... that's why they hire the best, pay the best, offer flexibility in scheduling, and they expect it in return. You get what you give. After all, we are all there for one reason: to be sure that every patient receives optimal service every time. Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

Cons

On-Call for Hospice can quickly cause burnout
    Mileage is not competitive compared with current market
    Benefits after 90 days; current market has some employers that offer benefits on the 1st day of the job, some after 30 days. Use your own phone with poor "reimbursement" allowances.

Advice to Management

Review mileage and on-call reimbursement cuts that were made... see if there's some room for compromise. All of your HH and Hospice employees, especially in the more rural areas, should have a company provided cell phone. Picture this:
    What if Jane Doe, CNA is driving down a backroad when her tire blows out one afternoon. She's not injured. The DHS is at the pt's residence, waiting on Jane so she can do an evaluation. She gets out her personal phone to let her DHS know what's happened and she can't call her. She had to pay for her son's medical care and didn't have the money for her cell phone bill. She thought it would be okay until next week but now it's off. She's on a country road with no establishment nearby and it's already getting dark. Anyone driving on company business, other than an office employee running an errand or two and going back to the office, should be provided a company phone. It's practical, it's safe, it's smart. If I'm only being reimbursed for 25% of my cell phone bill, how do I determine when I will and will not do business on my phone to equal 25% usage.
    Establish a system where employees can submit suggestions for improvement to a designated person, where the idea is then reviewed and the employee receives feedback. There was a suggestion box that sat on a table and collected so much dust.... it had suggestions when I left that I know were there 6 months prior.
    Other than these things, Pruitt was and will always be my family. People on this board referring to nepotism, micromanagement, etc should be very aware of practices at similar businesses. It's easy to point a finger; but remember when you do, there's always 3 more pointing back at you.

2. "Too many self serving VPs running the company into the Ground!!"

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

Great salary in certain positions

Cons

High staff turnover in all service lines, poor reputation = low census. Poor benefits!

Advice to Management

High staff turnover and poor treatment of staff is known in the communities in which PruittHealth services. Look more closely at the advice being given to you by senior leadership.... most are not looking out for Mr. Pruitts best interests!!

3. "Pruitt health"

Former Employee - Rehab Tech in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Rehab Tech in Columbia, SC

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and descent pay

Cons

Supervisors can be difficult to approach or work with employees.

Advice to Management

Work with employees.

4. "RN Case manager"

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

There is a good amount of flexibility

Cons

Large number of on call shifts

5. "Working at the Oaks of Brevard"

Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Brevard, NC
    Former Employee - Prep Cook/Dishwasher in Brevard, NC

I worked at PruittHealth part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring atmosphere, true sense of urgency to deliver care, respect and dignity for residents, good pay and hours flexible.

Cons

Some HVAC difficulties, hallway clutter a problem, no break area for outdoor picnic table.

Advice to Management

Listen to advice from employees.

6. "LPN"

I have been working at PruittHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Patient-oriented care, employee oriented, conducive environment for both

Cons

the consumer -based care that is great

Advice to Management

Continue with good work

"I enjoy it but could be better"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at PruittHealth part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the work itself, driving around town and caring for people in their homes. Freedom with schedule. Compensation is per visit so money per hour is great most days but if your clients are far apart or you only get 3 patients a day it's not enough to live on, but on call compensation is great and often makes up for it.

Cons

Only .34 cents/mile reimbursement, A LOT of driving and homes are usually 30+ minutes apart and several counties over. Many times I end up with only 2 cases in different counties or they say nevermind, we dont need you today at all. Which I do mind, I turned down a shift at my second job because they needed me and have bills to pay and I have never once scheduled a day with them and cancelled it. Only two paid holidays but they close for most holidays and if you want to get paid have to take your PTO. Majority of day is spent driving to homes by yourself and can get a bit lonely.

Advice to Management

The nurses that see your patients are the only reason you have a business, mileage reimbursements should be the federal avg of .50 cents/mile, and if your office will be closed employees should get paid for that holiday.

8. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA in Moultrie, GA
    Former Employee - CNA in Moultrie, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest there isn't any pros for working @ Pruitt Health facilities, except to pay your bills. Sad but very true.

Cons

If you value your license, please don't work @ Pruitt Health- Sunrise in Moultrie, Ga. The nurses and Cna's a very hostile towards very one that gets hired there. Patients a very dramatic liers, they lie because they can and they know you'll be suspended until the investigation of their accusations are over, even after you're proven innocent, they still laugh @ the fact they're the reason you was suspended home for nothing..

Advice to Management

Before you can get things in order on the floor with the CNA's start with the front office first. If the administrators and charge nurses don't follow procedures what makes you think the rest of the employees are going to do?

"CCC"

I worked at PruittHealth full-time

Pros

Nice People to work with.

Cons

Unorganized but would be a great place to work with patience.

"Corporate"

Former Employee - N/A in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - N/A in Norcross, GA

I worked at PruittHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People who really care for the patients.

Cons

CEO doesn't care about employees, insurance is horrible and inequity in pay.

Advice to Management

do the right thing because its the right thing to do...