Prysmian Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Prysmian Group Reviews

Updated October 3, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

3.5
Prysmian Group President & CEO at Prysmian Cables and Systems USA LLC Hakan Ozmen
Hakan Ozmen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people & great office culture in the sales department, diverse products to learn about, (in 6 reviews)

• Great products and growing markets with growing company that is industry leader in the energy cable and fiber optic cable markets (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Most employee will not recommend friends to join company; negative perspective from external is also driving good people away from joining the company (in 3 reviews)

• It is a lean organization which can make things challenging at times (in 3 reviews)

1. "Graduate Program"

Former Employee - Graduate Program in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Graduate Program in Columbia, SC

I worked at Prysmian Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of room to grow with the company. Good experience working with multinational companies with operations based all over the world.

Cons

Must be willing to adapt to an ever changing work environment. The candidate must be flexible and willing for things to change last minute.

Jul 9, 2017

Thank you for your response. We look forward to growing the Graduate Program and your feedback is fundamental to making an amazing work experience for our young professionals.

2. "Engineer"

Former Employee - Engineer in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Lexington, SC

I worked at Prysmian Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many opportunities to travel and learn about how the many different divisions of the company.

Cons

Not great location. Not many young people working at the compnay.

Jul 10, 2017

We appreciate your review. We agree our company is a great place to have multiple career opportunities in many locations across the globe. It's truly a global company with many strategic recruiting... More

3. "Rewarding place to work that provides positive challenges"

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* flexible organization with lots of room to grow
    * encourages new ideas
    * holds people accountable for their actions and contributions
    * people are great to work with
    * everyone cares about their work and their people

Cons

* lean organization can be challenging to get used to

Advice to Management

* continue to recruit and promote well rounded employees, not just engineers

Mar 15, 2017 – Recruiter & Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group and for your many years of service with our company. Your comments are very encouraging, specifically around growth, new ideas, and accountability. Our... More

4. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very big, prestigious organization that has built a great brand that services many industries. This gives you the opportunity to pursue career paths that participate in a large variety of applications; i.e. aerospace, defense, wireless communications, data and power transmission, etc. etc. etc.

Management is very accessible and open to discuss anything from career path recommendations to last weekend's USC game. Makes for a pretty open environment.

The company is working hard to become a more progressive organization, implementing a lot of new programs and benefits to make the overall working environment more enjoyable.

The people are great. There are a lot of weekend sports organized and also some happy hours from time-to-time. It's nice to work with people you like.

Compensation and benefits are in-line with what you would expect from a large company like this.

Cons

It is a lean organization which can make things challenging at times. Also, because of this we sometimes fail to train people as well as we should.

Communication across the organization could always be better. But I guess this is something that all large companies deal with.

We have a ton of experience in management (good thing) but we need to find new ways of transferring that knowledge to the younger employees who will be the future leaders of the organization.

Advice to Management

Don't settle for what works and continue pushing the progressive culture.

Feb 22, 2017 – Recruiter & Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group, and for your over three years of time with the Lexington, SC team! I am encouraged to hear you feel there are great career opportunities within our... More

5. "Prysmian Graduate"

Current Employee - Prysmian Graduate in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Prysmian Graduate in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Rotational Program
    -Given a Mentor
    -International Training
    -New Challenges everyday

Cons

The job can at times be demanding. Hours could be more flexible

Advice to Management

Try to understand the changes that are happening with work/life balance

Feb 22, 2017 – Recruiter & Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group, and for joining our Graduate Program. It’s encouraging to hear your positive thoughts on the program, specifically around mentorship and international... More

"Unethical Management & Low Pay for Market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I worked at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

*Unethical management and accounting processes.
    *Company allows harassment and protects management at all cost.
    *High turnover.
    *Usually one to 2 people per area overworked, while others lay back and show no pride in what they do. Most are careless and cause others additional and unnecessary work.
    *No training - management picks and chooses who to train.
    *Demoralizing management - would much rather talk down to people instead of lifting them up and motivating them.
    *No department meetings. Everyone marches to their own tune.

Advice to Management

*Monitor reporting and management more.
    *Take the employees more seriously instead of having the attitude that "management is always right".
    *Don't make promises/offers you can't keep.
    *Don't keep the attitude, "If it's not in writing, you have no proof or leg to stand on".
    *Offer training to new employees.
    *Treat employees with respect and value their input as well as their contribution to the company.

Apr 4, 2017 – Recruiter & Employee Relations Specialist

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group and your time with our company. I agree with you that our team is a talented, great group of people to work both with and alongside. One of our core values... More

7. "Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company & have good prospect for stable career and growth

Cons

Not that well structured and process oriented but improvement is in progress..

Advice to Management

More focus on process and structure.

8. "Interesting but relaxing job, flexible management"

Current Employee - Engineer in Lexington, SC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has lots of interesting jobs and if you do your job well they will give you as much responsibility as you want. Global and challenging environment. I would recommend to anyone.

Cons

Pays below the average. Not too much training is given, learn as you go mentality. Can be demanding to figure it out by yourself without too much support. Everyone is too busy to do things properly or even sometimes even too busy to discuss business related matters.

Advice to Management

Try more to keep the young and talented people in the company

Feb 5, 2017

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group, and your five years working with our team in Lexington, SC. We take our core value of “Excellence” very seriously, so it’s encouraging to read that you... More

"Blue collar worker."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, SC

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a secure facility,and also very clean.

Cons

Put out employee handbook that is supposed to be the rules, policys, and guidelines. Then it changes as the year progresses with out notice. Overtime every week and you must be there 12 hours. When you are working a 36-48 schedule this now becomes 48-60. Think about it that's 1 day a week every month for 12 months. You do the math. Alot of time devoted to a company that wouldn't allow employees to miss a scheduled day to attend a fellow employees funeral.

Advice to Management

Better training program.

"It's ok. It's a global corporation."

Current Employee - Engineer in Schuylkill Haven, PA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Schuylkill Haven, PA

I have been working at Prysmian Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good if you're in the office environment. Benefits are good as well. And being a global corporation, if circumstances work out well then the sky is the limit with where you can go in the company.

Cons

It's a global corporation and you're kind of a number. You can work really hard, lots of hours, and make great accomplishments and it might not amount to anything. The people they tend to be harshest with are the ones who typically work the hardest. Office politics are terrible here as well.

Advice to Management

Stop beating down on your most dedicated employees. Improve the pay on the manufacturing floor. Give people the tools they need to succeed instead of getting on their case. And stop spending valuable capital budgets on crap that makes for better boat anchors than manufacturing equipment.

Feb 5, 2017

Thank you for your review of Prysmian Group, and your time working with our team in Schuylkill Haven, PA. I’m happy to hear you feel our compensation and benefits package is competitive, as well as... More