Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2019

2.9
Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center CEO, Executive Director and Founder Jeff Ball
Jeff Ball
  1. "They try - somewhat!"

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center

Pros

It's great what they are trying to do.

Cons

It is just difficult to work there. They don't know what they are doing and then egos and upper management is ridiculous.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2018-02-23
  2. "Client assistant"

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center part-time

Pros

Relaxed work environment, friendly staff, lots of interactions with clients.

Cons

Not enough clinical aspects, sometimes just running errands for clients. Some days can be boring.

Advice to Management

More opportunities to gain additional clinical skills and to move forward within the company.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2018-01-17

"STAY AWAY!!!"

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only reason to work here is because the residence staff are cool. Therapists are the best of the best, and most staff is very supportive and friendly (with the exception of upper management).

Cons

Upper management is AWFUL. They just don't care about anything but money. The owner won't even give you the time of day if your a tech. They pretend to care about clients, but all they want is to get rich while everyone else works hard to keep the place running and stop clients from hurting themself. They'll take anyone, even if they are too severe, and this makes it impossible for staff to work effectively. Working in the houses with psychotic clients or people who are super unstable without having any training is unethical and super dangerous, but that is what they expect. Everyone seems stressed out and unhappy to be working there. Do yourself a favor and don't even bother applying for a job here. You will be underpaid and overworked, and it just isn't worth it. There are hundreds of other places that won't suck you dry like they do here. I doubt they will be around much longer.

Advice to Management

Greed is ugly.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-11-02

"ERP Coach"

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center part-time

Pros

Great Team and supervision, friendly, good snacks

Cons

Bad communication with upper and lower management.

Advice to Management

Work on connecting employees about clients

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-09-28
  5. "Great experience"

I have been working at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center part-time

Pros

I love making an impact in someones life whether it be sitting down and painting with them or just having a long chat about whatever the patient feels they want to talk about.

Cons

I wish it was full time

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-07-28
  6. "Decent place to work"

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center full-time

Pros

Good team, good people, pretty solid company

Cons

limited growth, not very big

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-07-24
  7. "Great company for a psych grad!"

Current Employee - Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay Hands-on experience with clinicians You are never bored! For someone graduating with a degree in psychology and looking for their next step, this is the place to be. You learn a lot about mental health and the company is very dedicated to their clients and being at the forefront of psychotherapy rather than over-medicating within the therapeutic community.

Cons

I haven't really found any cons from working here yet.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-04-20
  8. "Cares more about reputation than the clients"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good clinical exposure Cohesin with colleagues

Cons

Upper management does not care about clients

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2017-03-02
  9. "Best Possible Experience for Entry into Mental Healthcare"

Resident Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center for more than a year

Pros

I​ ​have​ ​been​ ​interested​ ​in​ ​working​ ​in​ ​mental​ ​health​ ​for​ ​a​ ​long​ ​time​ ​and​ ​being​ ​at​ ​PCH​ ​I​ ​was​ ​able to​ ​confirm​ ​that​ ​this​ ​is​ ​what​ ​I​ ​want​ ​to​ ​devote​ ​my​ ​life​ ​to.​ ​The​ ​clients​ ​possess​ ​a​ ​great​ ​diversity​ ​of psychological​ ​conditions,​ ​from​ ​acute​ ​depression​ ​to​ ​bipolar​ ​disorder​ ​to​ ​severe​ ​anxiety​ ​and addiction.​ ​It​ ​is​ ​rare​ ​to​ ​be​ ​able​ ​to​ ​work​ ​with​ ​such​ ​diversity​ ​of​ ​illness​ ​in​ ​a​ ​single​ ​setting. All​ ​the​ ​book​ ​learning​ ​in​ ​the​ ​world​ ​cannot​ ​compare​ ​to​ ​the​ ​first​ ​hand​ ​experience​ ​you​ ​can​ ​get​ ​at PCH​ ​speaking​ ​with​ ​and​ ​helping​ ​clients​ ​with​ ​actual​ ​mental​ ​illness. The​ ​staff​ ​is​ ​devoted​ ​and​ ​caring​ ​and​ ​is​ ​always​ ​willing​ ​to​ ​go​ ​the​ ​extra​ ​mile​ ​for​ ​clients​ ​to​ ​feel comfortable.​ ​Staff​ ​is​ ​not​ ​simply​ ​there​ ​to​ ​collect​ ​a​ ​pay​ ​check,​ ​they​ ​are​ ​there​ ​because​ ​they genuinely​ ​care​ ​about​ ​mental​ ​health​ ​and​ ​want​ ​to​ ​help​ ​the​ ​clients. There​ ​is​ ​a​ ​great​ ​community​ ​among​ ​the​ ​staff​ ​and​ ​all​ ​of​ ​my​ ​requests​ ​for​ ​time​ ​off​ ​were​ ​granted thanks​ ​to​ ​people​ ​being​ ​happy​ ​to​ ​trade​ ​around​ ​shifts. Staff​ ​is​ ​provided​ ​great​ ​meals​ ​during​ ​every​ ​shift,​ ​so​ ​even​ ​though​ ​the​ ​pay​ ​rate​ ​is​ ​not​ ​very​ ​high​ ​a lot​ ​of​ ​value​ ​is​ ​contained​ ​in​ ​the​ ​food​ ​and​ ​beverages​ ​provided.​ ​There​ ​are​ ​even​ ​often​ ​leftovers​ ​that staff​ ​can​ ​bring​ ​home. There​ ​are​ ​4​ ​cars​ ​used​ ​by​ ​staff​ ​to​ ​transport​ ​clients,​ ​one​ ​of​ ​which​ ​is​ ​a​ ​very​ ​nice​ ​Audi,​ ​which​ ​is​ ​a pleasure​ ​to​ ​drive. On one assignment I accidentally scratched the side of one of the vans pretty badly, but the staff was very forgiving and I was not penalized in any way.

Cons

Working as a resident assistant can alternate between being hectic and boring as clients can be very demanding due to the nature of their conditions and there can be a lot of down time between assignments. A large part of my job was driving clients back and forth from appointments and therapy sessions. Resident assistants during AM and PM shifts can expect to spend up to 3 or 4 hours driving per 8 hour shift. Clients can be challenging, but that is the nature of the work as many have severe mental illness. There is often a disconnect between appointments scheduled for clients, what the clients know to be scheduled, and what the residential staff knows to be scheduled. This can lead to stress and missed appointments.

Advice to Management

It would greatly improve the functionality of the residential staff if individual client schedules were simpler to access, as clients will frequently ask RA's about their schedule, lie about their schedule, or cannot remember their appointments. The most difficult times during my shifts were caused by phones running out of batteries. It would be great if PCH could provide additional battery packs that clients and staff can use as phones are running out of batteries.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2016-09-01

"Just Not Worth It"

Current Employee - Resident Assistant in Mar Vista, CA

I have been working at Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center part-time

Pros

The free food prepared by their full-time staff cooks are a plus. They're also very flexible with your schedule, allowing you to work only the days you're actually available.

Cons

The company is very much unorganized. You do much more work than what your hourly pay reflects and they're very strict about NOT paying you for overtime, even when they require you to stay longer than your 8 hour shift. They admit a wide variety of clients with various mental issues, however they do not properly train the Resident Assistants to handle or care for these clients. They often overlook proper policies regarding handling clients and facilitating medications, requiring certain tasks as requirements for your position. There is a very high employee turn-over rate. New employees are constantly being hired, and usually never stay for more than 6 months, if they're not getting fired for small mistakes that could be very simple "written warnings." The pay is low and the stress is high, so you have to decide, which most people eventually do, that it's just not worth it.

Advice to Management

Better organization. More training. Higher pay.

Psychological Care & Healing Treatment Center2016-08-26