Ptg Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor

Ptg Logistics CEO Roger Welling
Roger Welling
  1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working at PTG Logistics. Management is very fair and provides new opportunities to gain experience in new areas of the industry. Customers are solid financially and are growing with us, which creates a secure future for employees in an industry that typically provides very little.

Cons

Technology can use some upgrades.

Advice to Management

Keep growing!

Ptg Logistics2017-11-15
  2. "Just a pay check, not a career"

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time

Pros

They leave you alone ant let you do your job for the most part. Work is plentiful if you are willing to put in the hours.

Cons

Do not expect a pay raise, health benefits are expensive, camera looking at you the whole time you are in the truck, high turnover rate in drivers and management.

Advice to Management

You will not keep quality drivers by not increasing there pay rate annually. The health benefits go up every year but the pay does not.

Ptg Logistics2018-08-19
  3. "manager"

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time

Pros

stay away from look elsewhere

Cons

all bad nothing good to say

Ptg Logistics2017-03-28

"Contractor"

Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is a lien cheating crap I only work 3 months and they did not give any settlements of what they were paying and carful if they hold what every they say you earn they don't even paid that this should remove this company or demand the company so they could feel the same way we do and see that we have a family to support!!!!!

Cons

The company should be out of business after they have steal money of the hard working people. Please don't believe any word of no one from this company don't be fool.

Ptg Logistics2017-02-17

"Driver"

I have been working at Ptg Logistics

Pros

Great place to work. Fair management team made up of a lot of former drivers who understand what drivers deal with on the road. The negative reviews are from one driver who is just a constant complainer, yet has stayed there over 10 years! Nice equipment, up to date electronics, no paper logs!!!

Cons

Pretty early start time on some loads. Trucks are set at 65 mph which can be frustrating on 70 mph roads.

Advice to Management

Good job- try to involve the drivers in policy making when you can

Ptg Logistics2015-10-30
  6. "Packaging Technology Group"

Office Manager/Logistics Manager in New Bedford, MA

I worked at Ptg Logistics for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a family oriented business

Cons

That I am no longer working there, great place to work

Ptg Logistics2015-08-19
  7. "Truck Driver- Stanley, Va"

in Stanley, VA

I worked at Ptg Logistics

Pros

Honestly a decent place to work. Management willing to work with you. Easy work.Back every day 99+% of the time. Looking at previous reviews, they do not do PTG justice. Two to three of the reviews are most likely put on here by the same driver who would rather trash everything than go find another job, like I did because of the cameras. If you don't like it then leave. PTG will do whatever they want to do.

Cons

Cameras, computers micro managing Raises occasional low load

Advice to Management

Run the company but take drivers concerns when making changes as well.

Ptg Logistics2015-06-18

"The worst company I ever worked for!!!"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Winchester, VA

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Are there any ?? You an work long hours and get cheated out of alto of money !!!

Cons

I worked there a year and could not wait to hire on somewhere else. Management is taken to Las Vegas by company for "training" and returns to brag about money spent partying while drivers cannot get raises. Management promises changes but did nothing to make it better for drivers. Trucks are poorly maintained. Cameras to be placed in your face to babysit,so that company can put blame and responsibility on driver.... Local management allowed to break law until drivers proved that it was being done. Just a joke of a job !!!!!!

Advice to Management

Sell the company and bury your heads in the sand. You were professionals at doing that anyways. If your gonna be in trucking...know what the job requires before you open your mouth.

Ptg Logistics2014-11-03

"Run Run Run fast and far away from here!"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Winchester, VA

I worked at Ptg Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro being home every night.

Cons

Driver facing cameras w/audio, slow trucks, weekly speed gauge reports with anything above 5 mph. Being micro-managed by unqualified and unprofessional management. Don't think that you will ever meet them because you won't. This is a company that could care less what a driver thinks or feels. This is also a company full of lies, and to your face! There is no such thing as freedom of speech at this company, if you... should voice your opinion you could find yourself out of a job, terminated just like me!!!! This company will hire anyone with a CDL and a pulse.

Advice to Management

Don't know what to say because you don't listen or care! If you really don't care, then quit lying to your drivers. Keep in mind that even us low-life drivers have families too! Yes, we are real and hard working people.

Ptg Logistics2014-11-01
  10. "The worst job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Winchester, VA

I have been working at Ptg Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are very good and making the job and company sound great. The best people I ever met at lying to your face.

Cons

They will lie right to your face. They told us they wanted to promote from within but didn't even interview any of the drivers who applied for the open dispatcher position. the only real chance to move up in the company is to be a back stabbing liar and to be very lazy. Hard work and dedication means nothing here. Also they claim family matters,theirs do matter,yours do not.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing every little thing your drivers do. Most of all stop screwing over the people who actually make money for the company.

Ptg Logistics2014-10-03