PubMatic Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2019

Found 291 reviews

4.0
Rajeev Goel
Pros
  • "Big plus that it is a politics-free workplace and there is a good work-life balance(in 20 reviews)

• "Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Great company in fast-paced environment"

Current Employee - Product in New York, NY

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clear sense of focus, even given the rapid change in the industry. Financially stable and profitable. Rapidly improving technology. Fun, comfortable office atmosphere.

Cons

Not a con, necessarily, but the pace of change is FAST in this industry, and PubMatic succeeds by keeping pace, and then some. So if you like knowing exactly what you will be focused on in six months, this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Nothing big or that I haven't shared with them already.

PubMatic2019-02-13
  2. "Smart, Scrappy, and Profitable"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than a year

Pros

Savvy leadership team. Profitable and growing company in a space where others are either struggling or consolidating. Even after 12 years, still a start-up vibe. Strong driven contributors can make an immediate impact.

Cons

- Constant industry 'headwinds' - Moderate turnover rate - Somewhat cautious vision (risk adverse - not an early adopter)

PubMatic2019-05-07
  3. "Friendly colleagues, cool place, positive vibes, no workplace politics."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for less than a year

Pros

For the past about 1 year, I have had the opportunity to work with teams in Engineering, IT, Finance, Legal, HR and Talent Acquisition. I must say that Pubmatic is a very good place to work at. The place is laid back, the atmosphere is pleasant, and the people are humble, knowledgable and friendly. Big plus that it is a politics-free workplace and there is a good work-life balance.

Cons

No negatives for the company. One negative for the building facility though - The parking is limited and is full if you come after 10:30 in the morning. So if you are a visitor or a candidate, plan for that.

Advice to Management

Currently, lunch is catered on Mondays and Thursdays - would love for it to be catered on all 5 days of the week.

PubMatic2019-02-05

"Fabricated Reviews"

I worked at PubMatic full-time

Pros

Free lunch on selected days and a loaded kitchen

Cons

I have seen the overall rating of PubMatic go up from 3.2 to 4.0 in last few months. Looks like the HR team has asked their favorite employees to write a 5 star review for the company. I can see a number for good reviews posted on the same date and I think PubMatic is very much capable of doing this.

Advice to Management

Stop misguiding people who rely on Glassdoor reviews.

PubMatic2019-02-28

PubMatic Response

April 15, 2019Snr. Director of Talent

I really am very sorry to see that after leaving us you feel this way about PubMatic as we are working hard to make PubMatic an amazing place. The increase you mention from 3.2 to 4.0 has happened over the past 24 months and has taken a lot of work from the leadership and new ...

• "If you bring your "A" game, PubMatic is a great place to work"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time

Pros

The level of talent within the organization is amazing, so it pushes you to learn and grow. Additionally, the company is fast paced with a clear vision for being a leader in this uber-competitive ad tech space. This is reflected in the number of innovations and products it pushes to market. So there are always new things for you to learn and skills to add to your repertoire.

Cons

You have to bring your "A" game if you're going to be at PubMatic. There is no place to hide. For people not used to being in this type of environment, it can be shocking.

PubMatic2018-12-12
    • "Dynamic Company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is always on the move, adapting to a changing market and staying ahead of the curve. There is no shortage of smart, hard working people, who also like to have fun. There is tremendous opportunity to truly make a mark in the industry.

Cons

With so much to do, there are times where more focus would be welcome.

PubMatic2018-11-27
    • "Interesting problems to solve; good latitude to pursue new ideas"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time

Pros

interesting problems to solve, high potential impact, good latitude to pursue new ideas, high performers can accelerate their career growth

Cons

strong competition / crowded industry

PubMatic2018-11-26
    • "Good place to work with independence to think and execute"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than a year

Pros

While management is at your help to provide guidance, they certainly give you a lot of independence to think and execute. Industry moves really fast. So, if you are the one who likes to be on the edge then this is the right place. Teams always look for creative thinking as well as stay up-to-date from tech stack point of view.

Cons

At times, a lot of initiatives/projects can be overwhelming and requires long hours.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and provide unique value proposition to end users for their core job to do instead of just providing one more similar product out there.

PubMatic2018-11-20
    • "Well run company operating in a fast-changing industry"

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* One of the better run companies in the industry, with a clear vision, well articulated strategy, focus on execution and profitability * Internal mobility where people are given opportunities to move across teams and functions (and even countries) to develop new skills and get new experiences * Culture of openness and transparent communication from management

Cons

* you have to be comfortable embracing change and frequent shifts in priorities as required by the dynamics of the industry. The strategy is never "set and forget". It can at times mean throw-away work and long hours. Typical life at a start-up...

PubMatic2018-11-20
    • "Great opportunities to make a difference"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PubMatic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super competitive industry that is constantly innovating. This provides growth opportunities for smart people who want to work hard. Leadership shares financial performance with entire company. Everyone is empowered to make a difference.

Cons

Many priorities so you need to be able to adjust and be willing to go with the flow.

Advice to Management

Make everyone accountable to up their game. Some of the old guard are made men and need to step it up.

PubMatic2018-11-16