Public Affairs Support Services (PASS) Reviews | Glassdoor

Public Affairs Support Services (PASS) Reviews

3.4
Vincent Tallman

1. "Great Workplace with Few Setbacks"

Current Employee - PAC Compliance Manager in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - PAC Compliance Manager in Alexandria, VA

Pros

Very collegial work environment. Almost like "a club". Monthly birthday parties. Monthly bonuses when billable time hours met. A small bonus each time our marketing dept signs on a new client. Health insurance very inexpensive ($10 per paycheck for single coverage). Genrerous leave policy beg. at 18 days a year to start, adding on a few more days after 2yrs. and more after 5 yrs. Everyone has an office with exception to admins. Management is family oriented and sensitive to employees' non-work personal situations.

Cons

Horrendously long hours. Heavy workload. Very little work/life balance. 50-60 work hours per week on average with no overtime pay. For the first month of each quarter (Jan, April, July, Oct) it is definite that you will work long hours. No dental converage. No matching on 401k

Advice to Management

It was a decent work experience

2. "Solid Small Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Public Affairs Support Services (PASS) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is definitely growing all the time and we do have a solid foundation of excellent work to present to the world. Our marketing team is aggressive and we are always growing our customer base. It's a small company (could be a positive and a negative). The employee-owned piece of the company allows for an excellent retirement plan.

Cons

Benefits are limited (medical only) and there is no back up if you don't happen to need it. Our management is extremely limited as our advancement opportunities. There is a non-compete that keeps you from working for another competing organization for 12 months.

Advice to Management

Be open about big decisions and communicate with the staff, particularly when you are unsure. Be sure to listen more than you talk.

3. "working conditions in the company"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Public Affairs Support Services (PASS) as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

good working conditions, nice people

Cons

i did not see anything bad about the compnay