Public Consulting Group "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Public Consulting Group Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Dec 29, 2019

3.1
Public Consulting Group President William S Mosakowski
William S Mosakowski
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great work environment, a great place to grow and contribute to your community(in 21 reviews)

• "Solid work, great people, some opportunity for new work and traveling(in 15 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "I looked forward to going to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and workplace culture with challenging yet rewarding work

Cons

Travel could be somewhat strenuous

Public Consulting Group2019-12-29
  2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, good benefits, remote work

Cons

Extensive travel, policy is ever changing, no room for growth

Public Consulting Group2019-10-18

"Solid work and great people!"

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Solid work, great people, some opportunity for new work and traveling

Cons

Work isn’t always the most exciting

Public Consulting Group2019-09-17

"PCG is where you do well doing good work well"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Many great people, mission-focused, consistent leadership, consistent growth, visible impact in the community across a number of sectors, generous 401K match, solid benefits, flexible work schedule (dependent upon role), work hard & deliver = you typically advance. 'PCG Cares' program has been a great, relatively new initiative which allows staff members to volunteer time towards issues that matter to them while helping office teams build a stronger sense of togetherness and impact where they live and work.

Cons

Aggressive, fast paced culture, and a relentless sense of urgency in solving client problems isn't for everyone, which contributes to high turnover in some roles. Some markets and services grow faster than others and it is sometimes challenging for folks to grow as rapidly if they aren't focused on these areas of rapid growth.

Public Consulting Group2019-04-06

"Better think twice!"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Met a few great people. That’s the only pro!

Cons

The office I worked in was beyond toxic! Within a few months, I witnessed a few people resign, including myself. This was due to the toxic work environment caused and allowed by management, including leadership. There’s no transparency, very negative attitudes and truly not a healthy or positive place to be at. The work I was doing wasn’t challenging at all, which is what I was promised and looked forward to. No surprise that after a few months, I realized that my job interview and offer were the first of many false promises. Management does not care about their direct reports! Instead they brush everything under the rug and leave you questioning your decision to stay. There’s no such thing as a “team.” It’s every man for themselves with a mix of favoritism. Unprofessionalism and profanity were both supported in the office I worked in. It was quiet disgusting and I was miserable! Note that HR is aware of EVERYTHING, including all complaints, and I can assure you that they won’t do a thing about it!! The firm has an old school mentality. When I would raise a question as to why things were being done a certain way, I was always told “it’s the PCG way!” When I would try to provide valuable input that I knew would increase efficiency, again I was told “it’s the PCG way!” At times, I felt as if team members had no problem making a mockery of my professionalism, which leads me into my next point, unethical behavior. I witnessed this all the time! I would constantly catch leadership lying to clients and encouraging us to do the same by withholding the truth, all of which was supported by management. I do not stand for lying or unethical behavior as they do not align with my morals and values. Career wise, joining PCG was the biggest mistake I’ve ever made to date! I have never in my life witnessed such political finesse, lack of leadership and unprofessionalism. Turnover is real and I completely understand why! PCG did not deserve me and majority of the talent that I left behind! I encourage everyone to think twice before working here or signing on that dotted line! I hope you don’t have to go through painful anxiety or even worse, misery like I did.

Public Consulting Group2019-05-10

"Good Company"

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Great people, Good compensation, varying work opportunities.

Cons

Typical cons of working in a consulting organization. PCG Technology Consulting is really a Management Consulting firm, not a technology consulting firm. A technology professional may feel a bit out-of-place, but the people make up for it.

Public Consulting Group2017-05-03

"Apprentice Business Analyst"

Apprentice Business Analyst

I have been working at Public Consulting Group for less than a year

Pros

Great place if you like variety in your work, travel, learning new things quickly and are flexible. You can feel good about what you are working on. Great people!

Cons

Not a lot of transparency or consistency across teams. Consulting lifestyle is not for everyone.

Public Consulting Group2016-06-27

"So So"

in Boston, MA

I worked at Public Consulting Group

Pros

Some great people. Senior management. Flexibility

Cons

Lower management not that savvy. Products are below market standards. Promotion random at best. Low travel allowances and paperwork.

Public Consulting Group2016-02-13

"Great People and Mission"

Former Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PCG hires some great people that are passionate about their work and the mission of the firm. I worked at the corporate head quarter office in Boston, which also shapes my opinion since I heard working at the various other offices could offer very different experiences. Overall Pros: - Company is growing, so career advancement is very attainable for employees in consulting roles - Given the number of local offices, travel is less than other large consulting firms - The company and managers are taking active steps to grow and improve formal training programs and initiatives - Great firm to start a management consulting career since learning is very hands-on

Cons

- Middle management can be burdensome since there are many layers of hierarchy - Base pay is arguably below market rate - Consultants often become spread too thin across too many engagements (leading to burnout) - Turnover (at lower levels) is relatively high, similar to other consulting firms

Public Consulting Group2015-06-01
  10. "Technical Writer in Education division. Voluntary resignation 2015 (drop downs not working,.)"

Current Contractor - Anonymous in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Public Consulting Group

Pros

Great people, respect contractors, good salary, remote work possible, integrity, fantastic contractor health insurance, really nice, convenient officrveith good parking.

Cons

Chaos, lack of understanding of software development process, analysis, specs, etc. Absolute lack of structure. Deadlines and priorities change daily or hourly in crisis !mode. Possibility of remote work can mean 24/7 if not careful.

Public Consulting Group2015-04-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 15 reviews