Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Todd Marksberry

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Financial Services Consultant"

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in.

Cons

Shaky systems leading to poor member experience

Advice to Management

Please complete one project in its entirety before taking more on.

2. "Lender"

Current Employee - Commercial Lender in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Commercial Lender in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been in financial services for 20 years. PSCU has the greatest culture. You really feel like you are part of the family. The positive work environment has had a positive effect on my personal like as well. Finally, the benefits are incredible.

Cons

There are no cons to this fantastic institution. I have work at other financial institutions and PSCU by far is the best.

Advice to Management

Keep this the wonderful place it is today.

3. "Administrative"

Current Employee - Assistant in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have witnessed this organization dramatically change for the better in the last few years. They have a very engaged executive team, an HR department that instills a strong culture throughout the company, and everyone who works here is friendly and easy to work with. It's like a family!

The benefits packages, 401(k) contributions, and PTO are very competitive.

Promotes internally!

Cons

Nothing! This is a very good place to work. I do not have any qualms with any initiatives of this organization.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

4. "Love working at PSCU! It's a pleasure to come to work every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

Pros

Public Service Credit Union is dedicated to serving members and employees. I have worked at PSCU almost two years and have seen a culture of caring, dedication, top notch customer service, and an attitude of serving the members with integrity, honesty, compassion, and warmth. Above and beyond is our way of doing business. We strive for excellence every day and try to make each member interaction a positive one. If we make a mistake, I love that we immediately fix it. We all make mistakes, but PSCU will always correct our errors, explain what happened and why, and keep that level of trust with our members. We want our members to feel that stopping by a branch or calling into our Communication Center is the best part of their day. We want to continue to serve our valued members, retain quality employees, and try to make our community a better place to live, work, and play.

Cons

There is no downside to working to PSCU. It is with pleasure and honor that I work here.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep treating us, your employees, with respect and integrity, and we will honor you by continuing to serve our members to the best of our ability. My manager is the best boss ever and I'm fortunate to work for this company, my team, and my boss. As an employee, I feel appreciated, valued, and respected, so it is easy for me to pass that positive, caring attitude on to our members. And I love that we have projects and activities that benefit the community, from Suits To Soldiers to Bike MS to Financial Education classes. Thank you.

5. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lonetree, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lonetree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart, savvy and experienced leaders. There is a genuine care and concern for our members and employees. A commitment to community involvement and being leaders in the communities we serve. Renewed focus on the health of our culture and core values. A warm and collaborative organization. Incredible business growth and momentum.

Cons

While we are the original "Built in Colorado" (1938), we are building (or rebuilding) much of our infrastructure and technology and quite frankly, playing catch up. If you like to build with smart people, it is a great place for you. If you are impatient, not so much.

Advice to Management

Your commitment to our members, employees and the focus on our culture is outstanding. I'm so excited to be a part of this company and the Credit Union Movement.

"Mortgage Servicer II"

Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in Lone Tree, CO

Pros

Great Culture that is close knit and open. The community mentality of this company allows workers to thrive and assist members/customers. Working in a credit union, there is a lot of opportunity advance and succeed.

Cons

Currently I have noticed that the credit union is not keeping up with market value in regards to salary. As a result, certain positions and departments have experienced turnover which effects the quality of service/products that we offer to our members.

Advice to Management

Pay market value and retain talent

"Greatly improved"

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture has drastically improved over the past year. It used to be an apathetic environment and staff was quick to pass blame for the numerous, systemic breakdowns in process. However, fresh perspective from senior leadership has built a strong momentum toward reinvesting in technology and adding desperately-needed bodies to keep up with the robust growth that the credit union continues to see year over year. I have worked for the credit union for many challenging years of ridiculously high turnover and mostly negative views of the credit union by the staff. But, this past year has been the most positive by far, and I have every reason to believe that it's only going to be better next year. This credit union is going places and it's never been a better time to join us, work hard, rebuild PSCU, and propel your career in the process.

Cons

It's hard work and we're improving a lot of things all at the same time. But, if you're able to persevere, PSCU takes care of you in the long run.

Advice to Management

Let's keep this momentum going.

8. "Bank Teller"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time

Pros

Great culture to work for

Cons

No branch in Southern California

"communication center hell"

Former Employee - Communication Center in Lone Tree, CO
    Former Employee - Communication Center in Lone Tree, CO

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

co-workers were the best thing and not being open on holidays or Sunday

Cons

management, growing to fast and don't know what they are doing, harrassment from managers and director, supervisors don't know anything. Lack of communication. Terrible training and pay.

Advice to Management

if you want quality workers and people happy to come to work stop degrading your employees.

"Unprofessional"

Pros

There's not much you can say good about this company.

Cons

The pay is no where near other institutions with same job descriptions.
    The benefits are sub-par
    The incentive plan for the FSC's is great, all other positions, management, tellers, etc are CRAP.
    The goals of this company are un-obtainable, they are a credit union that has turned into a BANK. Their main goal is SALES SALES SALES.

They say they have a heart for member service, employee relations, yet they don't.

Its nearly impossible to advance within the company unless you are a brownnoser and kiss the upper management butts.

They make salaried employees work 6 days a week, with no days off, no comp days, sometimes no lunches. They said "that's the Con's of being in management/salaried position, yet the management leaves early, takes super long lunches.

They say they want to help their employees, train, coach and development,but one minor thing happens and they write you up, put you on notice, make your life living hell and force you out the doors.

Advice to Management

Get away from this "its my way or the highway" mentality. You are not GOD! You are a manager of a company. Have compassion for your staff, appreciate them. Don't degrade them and tell them to DEAL with it. Treat employees with respect as if that's how you want them to treat you. Coach and train your staff and work besides them not the YOU ARE MY PEA ON AND I'M YOUR SUPERIOR mentality. Respect my authority, I can do whatever I want. Do as I say, not as i do. Upper management only cares about their top branch managers, say hello to your teller staff, your consultants that make the branch good not the branch manager.