Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Bank Teller"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time

Pros

Great culture to work for

Cons

No branch in Southern California

2. "Awesome Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lonetree, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lonetree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very smart, savvy and experienced leaders. There is a genuine care and concern for our members and employees. A commitment to community involvement and being leaders in the communities we serve. Renewed focus on the health of our culture and core values. A warm and collaborative organization. Incredible business growth and momentum.

Cons

While we are the original "Built in Colorado" (1938), we are building (or rebuilding) much of our infrastructure and technology and quite frankly, playing catch up. If you like to build with smart people, it is a great place for you. If you are impatient, not so much.

Advice to Management

Your commitment to our members, employees and the focus on our culture is outstanding. I'm so excited to be a part of this company and the Credit Union Movement.

3. "Love working at PSCU! It's a pleasure to come to work every day."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Public Service Credit Union is dedicated to serving members and employees. I have worked at PSCU almost two years and have seen a culture of caring, dedication, top notch customer service, and an attitude of serving the members with integrity, honesty, compassion, and warmth. Above and beyond is our way of doing business. We strive for excellence every day and try to make each member interaction a positive one. If we make a mistake, I love that we immediately fix it. We all make mistakes, but PSCU will always correct our errors, explain what happened and why, and keep that level of trust with our members. We want our members to feel that stopping by a branch or calling into our Communication Center is the best part of their day. We want to continue to serve our valued members, retain quality employees, and try to make our community a better place to live, work, and play.

Cons

There is no downside to working to PSCU. It is with pleasure and honor that I work here.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to keep treating us, your employees, with respect and integrity, and we will honor you by continuing to serve our members to the best of our ability. My manager is the best boss ever and I'm fortunate to work for this company, my team, and my boss. As an employee, I feel appreciated, valued, and respected, so it is easy for me to pass that positive, caring attitude on to our members. And I love that we have projects and activities that benefit the community, from Suits To Soldiers to Bike MS to Financial Education classes. Thank you.

"Great Credit Union"

Current Employee - Msr in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Msr in Denver, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I believe this credit union is one of the best out there. They offer great rates and no hassle.

Cons

It seems like it takes a long time to implement new ideas and strategies. If you make a suggestion to change something it will take a while.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your bread and butter, without us you wouldn't be where you are.

"Greatly improved"

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture has drastically improved over the past year. It used to be an apathetic environment and staff was quick to pass blame for the numerous, systemic breakdowns in process. However, fresh perspective from senior leadership has built a strong momentum toward reinvesting in technology and adding desperately-needed bodies to keep up with the robust growth that the credit union continues to see year over year. I have worked for the credit union for many challenging years of ridiculously high turnover and mostly negative views of the credit union by the staff. But, this past year has been the most positive by far, and I have every reason to believe that it's only going to be better next year. This credit union is going places and it's never been a better time to join us, work hard, rebuild PSCU, and propel your career in the process.

Cons

It's hard work and we're improving a lot of things all at the same time. But, if you're able to persevere, PSCU takes care of you in the long run.

Advice to Management

Let's keep this momentum going.

7. "Mortgage Servicer II"

Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in Lone Tree, CO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Servicing Specialist in Lone Tree, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Culture that is close knit and open. The community mentality of this company allows workers to thrive and assist members/customers. Working in a credit union, there is a lot of opportunity advance and succeed.

Cons

Currently I have noticed that the credit union is not keeping up with market value in regards to salary. As a result, certain positions and departments have experienced turnover which effects the quality of service/products that we offer to our members.

Advice to Management

Pay market value and retain talent

"Very appealing yet frustrating at times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Great people. They go out of their way to hire quality people who understand their roles and are enthusiastic about the work they do. You have the opportunity to really get to know your clients. You see many more than once a week.

Cons

As much as is pushed about promoting from within, those promises were rarely honored. People with experience and knowledge and the will to do the work necessary were often passed over for outsiders who often did not understand the culture, but instead were seen as nothing more than better salespeople.

Advice to Management

Use the people you have to promote. They know your clients better than anyone you can bring from the outside. If growing the business is the highest priority, this is the best way to do it in my opinion.

"PSCU can be a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

For the most part it is a good company to work for. Great benefits.

Cons

Advancement can be slow going

Advice to Management

Acknowledge employees when walking by.

"Hard work does NOT pay off"

Current Employee - Communication Center Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Communication Center Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Public Service Credit Union (Colorado) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, revamped training, auto loan incentives, some great co workers, consistent schedules

Cons

Branch staff unhelpful, take on other departments work, short staffed, not enough feedback or praise

Advice to Management

Assistance is needed with members who are continuously verbally abusive towards employees, don't just expect us to take the call each time when clearly a manager needs to be involved or the account needs to be shut down. Expect same member service standards for all reps, no matter how long they've been in the department. Recognition for handling escalated situations or handling situations where another branch has dropped the ball.

"Senior Member Service Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Pros

The company pays well and the members are great. The training is great as well of you get the time to go.

Cons

They are a very sales pushy company and the management says they are not. They have unrealistic goals for tellers and bankers.

Advice to Management

If your going to have a sales environment that is fine just be upfront about it and you would have as much turn over. There is more turnover in PSCU then your biggest competitors.