Pubmatic Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 9, 2017

5.0
Rajeev Goel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • GOOD LEADERSHIP, work life balance opportunity, supportive HR (in 14 reviews)

• Great Work culture, supportive managers (At least in the team I work into) less restrictions (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • They follow hire and fire policy (in 19 reviews)

• Continuous tight deadlines will make sure you have a difficult work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

1. "Well-run company with great people"

Pros

The company has completely rebuilt the culture in the last 2 years (which is why some of the older reviews here no longer make sense). Employee engagement and experience are the #1 priority for the management and it shows. It shows in things like special training to people managers to help them become better managers; setting aside budgets for personal development (ie if somebody wants to take a class in public speaking or excel, the company pays for it). Promotion cycles are quick and anybody deserving can get promoted as soon as she / he is ready (rather than waiting for 6 -12 months for the next promo cycle). Free lunches, company outings and other fun things in the office to ensure people enjoy coming to work and socializing with their colleagues. There is a culture of openness and transparency, where CEO and senior leadership openly share information about the company's performance with all employees at regular All-hands meetings, and anybody can ask any question. CEO and the management are able to make tough decisions and make them quickly, which is important for the company that wants to stay on the cutting edge of innovation.

Cons

The company is in the fast changing industry where the pace of change and innovation is breathtaking. As a result, priorities do change often to keep up pace with the industry shifts. If you are not used to rapid cycles and frequent course corrections, you may struggle here.

2. "Making Great Progress!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PubMatic has been making tremendous progress in adapting its technology and business model to meet the needs of a changing industry. I enjoy focusing on helping publishers maximize the value of their digital assets - it seems like we are the only company really focused on these content producers. Maybe its a bit lofty - I really think that supporting these sites is part of what makes our democracy great.

Cons

The company has a lot going on - trying to solve a lot of problems - and that often leads to a flurry of activity happening at once. It's not boring, that's for sure, and it might be helpful to be more methodical at times.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision. Continue focusing on culture and the people. As a leader in the space, lets continue to lead and make others follow!

3. "Challenging and Fulfilling work in an ever changing industry"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture from top to bottom. The company has tried very hard to define roles for employees while giving everyone ample opportunity to grow their careers. You are encourage to challenge yourself and managers challenge you. If we something that is wrong or inefficient, we are empowered to come up with a solution and implement it.

The industry has evolved and for the most part we've stayed ahead or at pace. That's important because we are able to maintain relevancy to our clients

Cons

Regional offices makes cross functional communication challenging sometimes. We often take on too much vs focusing on a few things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on employee culture. Make sure that we don't get too diffused in company focus

"Good Mission in an Exciting Space"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

- Great mission - focused on powering the free internet and publishing
    - Smart and fun team - people are very open and collaborative - people support each other and root for each other
    - Exciting space - ad tech changes daily, so everyday is interesting
    - Strong strategy - it's a tough place to differentiate, but PubMatic is better set up for a competitive future than most people realize (in my opinion)
    - Leadership shares a lot of data

Cons

- Very international company, which is awesome in a lot of regards, but can also make it tough to get things done fast if a lot of teams are required
    - The leadership could live the mission more as it's sometimes lost a bit in the day-to-day

Advice to Management

- Continue to keep the mission front and center

5. "Great team and great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Energizing place to work with great colleagues and great leadership.
    Free lunch, free snacks, good career ops
    Definitely the best place I have worked.
    Good career opportunities and training
    Great office location!

Cons

A lot of leadership is on the West Coast and NY has been very light on mature leaders (Just the CMO who is amazing!) however, it does seem this is now being addressed with a several new Senior hires in NY and more international visits.

Advice to Management

401K matching please and keep the focus on the cultural changes we have all noticed the improvements.

6. "Getting better all the time"

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company continues to innovate and has simultaneously increased focused on improving employee growth and culture. There is more publicly shared employee recognition and people being supportive of one another. It's really paid off. Additionally, I've witnessed a real noticeable improvement in hiring higher quality people. The recent hires have been great. Many more fun office activities are going on.

Also, Senior Management has focused much more on being transparent about our performance during our 'All Hands' meetings. This transparency really helps go a long way to make everyone understand not only our great results but also the vision and how we're all contributing to bring value and innovation to our customers.

Cons

This space moves fast and change is constant. You need to be able to roll with it and realize that the fast pace is the norm. If you're not looking to make a difference then this isn't the place for you. People who work hard get recognized and rewarded. There are tons of opportunities to learn, contribute and make a difference but you need to bring your 'A' game!

7. "Great people and a great culture"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance and flexible working options.
    Lots of fun, team events and social activities
    Free snacks and catered lunch
    Great leadership
    Great co-workers
    Building amazing software

Cons

Open plan office can occasionally get noisy / distracting. Not really an issue but I felt I should put something!

Advice to Management

The last 12 months have been an amazing turnaround. Dont let it slip!

8. "Great Company with Smart People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are some of the smartest and most passionate I have worked with in the industry. The leadership is very engaged with all levels of the organization, and makes an effort to always push excellence while also valuing fun, and has been working hard to ensure that PubMatic has a positive, inclusive culture.

Cons

It is definitely an intense environment. The industry moves very quickly, and PubMatic is always striving to be at the forefront. Not a place for people who want to breeze through the day.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on being open and transparent with the organization

Pubmatic Response

Mar 4, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the great review! It’s brilliant to see that the work we are putting in is having a positive effect on our colleagues and teams!

9. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

I recently joined the team here at PubMatic and couldn't be happier. Great culture, challenging work, career advancement opportunities and the people all around are great: warm, genuine and welcoming. PubMatic is truly a great place to work and I'm excited to see where things go.

Cons

There are no comments necessary.

Advice to Management

No advice needed. The President is the most engaging, resourceful Executive I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is truly present and available to each person in the organization. Class act.

"Expectations Met"

I have been working at Pubmatic full-time

Pros

Innovative culture. Fun environment. Smart people. Management cares about the people in the company and providing both a good work environment and work/life balance.

Cons

There are a lot of open positions to be filled.