Puget Sound Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Puget Sound Energy President and CEO Kimberly J. Harris
Kimberly J. Harris

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • New focus for Customer Service Reps is for collections (in 7 reviews)

• Some upper management is there because other's don't want to deal with them (in 6 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Puget Sound Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and nice work place

Cons

Micromanaging is tough and they could be more easy on employees

Advice to Management

Be more easy on employees

2. "More like Elementary School"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company WAS a good company to work for, they cared about family and took care of you, the benefits were great and they encouraged you to take time off and not get to stressed and burned out.....until something changed not sure but there were several things and the family oriented company vanished and....

Cons

you are given vacation PTO days for time worked but if you never get any substantial time off so what is the point, no encouragement to distress just pile on the work whether you know what you are doing or not. Ask for training and there is just no money in the budget or no time so advancement just in training opps isn't there. Way too many cliques, groups that if you don't belong like the other comment they will oust you or at minimum make you feel inferior its called psychological bullying and it has no place in a large company that supposedly values its employees. Someone needs to do some secret shopping and clean that place up it is terrible how some employees are treated and others are uplifted.....very sad for someone who spent several years and planned to retire but just didn't want to be in a "clique". after several years it was hard to come to work and an embarrassing place to work

Advice to Management

Hire managers that actually see the problems not pretend they aren't there. For those manager who do see the problems 'say something' there is a process for handling trash and getting it out of the workplace..........make it a great place to work again and not just for the "PAYCHECK" too many complain they aren't making enough money but they need to show they are worth the increases they are getting and taking away from the consumer......................... get with it create a good work culture again. Maybe now that Kimberly is there it will change she is good

3. "5+ Year Employee"

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Lots of smart people who work hard. Company has tremendous ability to grow and prosper. It's possible to move through the company and work on a variety of projects - natural gas, electric, solar, wind, hydro, LNG, environmental, regulatory and more. Excellent jobs with challenging portfolios for engineers and project managers.

Cons

Leadership struggles to make decisions and remain on track long enough to see success. Great intentions are sometimes disrupted by a lack of thoughtful planning and do-diligence work.

Advice to Management

It's difficult to take on 10s of high-visibility, high-risk projects and be successful without appropriate resources, time and training. We don't celebrate our successes - we simply move to the next big challenges. That can result in staff often feeling that we're mice running on a wheel, even when we are totally engaged and know our work matters.

4. "It's like High School"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I worked at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I gained some good experience.

Cons

The people are rude, they form high school cliques, and if you are not "in" - they will find a way to get you out. No loyalty.

Advice to Management

Get yourself together. Work together with your employees, not against them.

5. "Associate Account Manager"

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable job, company truly cares about safety of it's employees. Pay is good, yearly incentives are great. PTO is generous.

Cons

Not great benefits, very old fashioned. Hard to get in unless you know someone at the company. No vacation time versus sick time.. all PTO based.

"what?"

Current Employee - Internal Engagement Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Internal Engagement Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Lots of good people. Company has tremendous ability to grow and prosper.

Cons

Leadership struggles in making decisions and taking a leadership role. Great intentions are sometimes disrupted by a lack of thoughtful planning and do-diligence work.

Advice to Management

7. "Great Place to Work - People and Opportunities"

Current Employee - Financial Reporting Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Financial Reporting Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dealing with many managers and other employees on a daily basis I can easily say mostly everyone here is great and is willing to help. If you are an accountant but want to move into HR, managers and the company help you to get you there and this actually happens. Work life balance is very reasonable although this is dependent on the group you are in.

Cons

This is a utility so we don't have breakneck technology like some of the other tech companies. Pay may be slightly under do to this as well.

8. "Systems Analyst"

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy part-time

Pros

Stable company and good benefit package

Cons

Work can be boring not so innovative

"GREAT PLACE TO WORK BUT MEDICAL BENEFITS ARE PURE GARBAGE!!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, telecommute options
    Awesome coworkers
    Interesting work
    I like my boss

Cons

Pay could be a little better
    Medical benefits are trash - worst I've had in my professional career. This is enough to have me look for employment elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I really hope you get rid of this new coinsurance plan. Past few years, I enjoyed the affordable copay plan. Now, I have a deductible and large coinsurance. My medical costs have skyrocketed. I have a disability that requires seeing a specialist several times a year- this type of specialist is not covered by the deductible and the procedure I have done is no longer covered with the office visit (it is now extra). Now, I avoid going to the doctor (same with my coworkers) because we can't afford to be nickel and dimed with our health care. Shame of PSE for picking this sad insurance plan. Employees deserve better.

10. "Great people, terrible middle management"

I have been working at Puget Sound Energy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and a friendly atmosphere. It can be hard to fit in with the half of the company that has been there for 30+ years, but they come around eventually and they are a wealth of knowledge if you are willing to listen. Despite external reviews it is obvious that the employees care about customers and take genuine pride in their work.

Cons

Management is typically chosen based on how they perform as individual contributors and not based on actual leadership potential/ability. Many supervisors and managers are shuffled around under the guise of "increasing their experience in a different area of the company," when in fact they are failing. It takes an act of congress to get fired here... but maybe that is a pro depending on who you are.

Advice to Management

Care about your people and be genuine about it. Break down the silos. Give credit where credit is due.