Puget Sound Gastroenterology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Rachel Todd

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Overall Good Employer"

Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Puget Sound Gastroenterology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great family like team! Pay is worth it. Always busy.

Cons

Don't get sucked into the gossip or drama about others and personal business.

Aug 11, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the CEO

Thank you for the great review and that your PSG team feels like family. We strive to have an open door policy with a positive and friendly atmosphere.

2. "Save your time, emotional energy and skills by not even applying here."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Puget Sound Gastroenterology full-time

Pros

It has taken me to long to think of anything to type here...I suppose I'd say the pay/benefits isn't to shabby!

Cons

Yikes...where to start? There is little to no training procedures, time allotment or materials provided to help you succeed. In fact, the staff is so starved for acknowledgment and appreciation it almost feels you are set up to fail so those who are supposed to be helping you succeed are setting you up for failure just for the slight chance of being appreciated or recognized. You are given a 5 min run through on how to do everything then expected to know and do everything without making any mistakes within in the first couple weeks. I could ask the same question as to how to do something or what the correct procedure is and would get different information/instructions from peers and management.. The atmosphere is equivalent to a high school drama. Although high school may even be giving the staff too much credit if their maturity levels. Everything you say whether in confidence or not will be interpreted however the listener sees fit and shared with everyone. Best friend to your face and worst enemy behind your back. And don't be fooled by the quiet or sweet ones...they are just as bad if not worse. If you are one who expects or needs positive reinforcement or encouragement you will not find it here. I can go on but I think you get the idea.

Advice to Management

A prime example of how the upper staff members handle situations can be found by reading a reply by the assistant CEO to a reviewer on this very site..within the first 3 sentences she chose to bring up the fact that the reviewer made a typing mistake in her review. Was that really necessary? I have nothing good to say regarding management. A week after starting the manager who was working with the nurses and MA's had left. I'm not sure if she quit or was let go. We had a staff meeting where we were all asked our opinions as to whether to hire another RN as the manager or one who has a strong background of management. Most agreed a nurse would be more practical as the manager is responsible for more than creating the weekly schedule and other clerical duties. A person who is experienced in patient care and who has medical knowledge would be ideal so as to be able to make sure patient care was priority by having their best intrests at heart. Of course, the vote of more than half of the staff to hire a nurse was ignored. A new manager started and was soon after fired. When I put my 2 week notice in there was no manager presiding.

Jul 28, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the CEO

Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you would like to talk any further, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Rachel Todd (CEO) directly at... More

3. "CMS"

Pros

Good opportunity to learn and continue with education

Cons

Different schedules, not everybody is a freak player,

Feb 27, 2017 – Executive Assistant to the CEO

Hello CMS,

Thank you for your review. I think you might have been autocorrected, and were meaning to say "Team Player". If you have any concerns, please reach out to your manager or... More

4. "Excellent Company, Staff and Management"

Pros

Great company to work for with supportive management. Extensive training shows they care about your success. Everyone works as a team and are fun to work with.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

5. "Great Company- Great CEO"

Pros

Management team really cares about you and your development. The new CEO has been a refreshing addition to PSG, as the previous administration was...challenging. Staff works together as part of a team, and everyone genuinely cares about their patients. Great physician team as well.

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Needs work"

Pros

Compared to other medical organizations, none really.

Cons

Politics. Mean and demanding physicians to work for. Catty, old and fat ladies who gossip because they have nothing else to do with their time.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the cliques. Especially when they seep into management.

7. "Admin Staff"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edmonds, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Edmonds, WA

I worked at Puget Sound Gastroenterology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Staff and Doctors create a very warm, "family" feel. Great place to develop work friendships and to find supportive team members.

Cons

There seems to be a high turn-over rate, unsure of why because I feel it is a great place to work.

8. "former employee"

I worked at Puget Sound Gastroenterology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is ok and paid time off is good.

Cons

Hostile work enviornment, bullying, gossipy, backstabbing, favoritism, constantly making up new rules and "policies" as they go. Fired 16 people in a clinic of 28 in the past 2 years who are all entry level staff. They treat their employees like cattle on their way to the slaughter house and the company is just a money mill.

Advice to Management

Good docs need to open their eyes! Get rid of the management because your employees are miserable.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

The only good thing that this company offers is the amount of Paid Time Off, you get almost a month within the first year.

Cons

Poor management
    No respect for employees
    Some Doctors only care about money and not patient care
    CEO is rude to employees, but has favorites within the company

"I totally agree with the 3 previous reviews."

Pros

OK pay, but not great. The doctors ARE really nice. Several office locations so you can possibly move around if you could get approval from upper Management....good luck with that one!

Cons

Management support in permitting time off when you think it's necessary only happens for the "favorites". Upper Management is rude, especially the CEO and her sidekick! You are told you should be happy you have a job. Threats are rampant.

Advice to Management

Doctors: Wake up and clean out the upper Management. They do not reflect well for the great work and compassion you have for your patients.