Pull and Bear Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pull and Bear CEO Pablo Isla
Pablo Isla
1 Rating

1. "Happy place if team is good but temporary."

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Responsible
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Responsible

I worked at Pull and Bear full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good discount even online and on sale items.
    The fast-paced environment where you have to be able to multi-task is a great experience for future jobs.
    People there is amazing, and we all work close and help each other. Managers are usually really nice.

Cons

They way the company treats inside promotions should be completely changed. There is a lot of people working and a limited amount of promotions but if you have a ecomerce manager vacancy in head office why not promote a cashier or head cashier who deals with onlines instead of a staff member of the shop floor that has never touched one but he's model pretty and friendly?

Advice to Management

My advice, fight for your people, you know very well how the company works. Take some time to do 121s with your staff and learn what they've done and where they want to be. We know there is a lot of people working and a limited amount of possible promotions but don't judge people based on how friendly they are towards you, monitor they growth, assess their skills and keep everyone into consideration carefully.

2. "Fun to work great people"

I have been working at Pull and Bear full-time

Pros

staff, music, fashion , easy-going management

Cons

Hard work, night shifts, crazy costumers

3. "The best option for students"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant Assistant

I have been working at Pull and Bear part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible shedule (extremely convenient for students), great oportunity of career as you can get promotion easily if you work hard in like 1 year or so, you get extra discounts for pull&bear clothes. Very warm colective overall, as you spent a bunch of time with these guys not only at workplace but in parties organised by firm or bday organised by us.

Cons

However, in case of sick leave or other temporary leave because of unexpected curcamstances store tend to struggle to find temporar replacement. What i mean, is that store employees srtuggle because of you :/

4. "Positive Criticism, points to improve"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferrol (Spain)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ferrol (Spain)

I worked at Pull and Bear (More than a year)

Pros

Young and international teams, nice people, great offices

Cons

Old school bosses, salaries not in accordance to resposibilities and scarce tutelage while learning

Advice to Management

promote team leaders to positions of responsibility not the people who are technically good at their jobs

5. "Pull and bear"

Pros

Environment, opportunities to grow, teamwork.

Cons

Too tired, switching shifts, closed places.

6. "Terrible HR department. Poor treatment of staff."

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Sliema (Malta)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Sliema (Malta)

Pros

Hardworking cashiers, stock team and shop floor staff.

Cons

From the outside Pull and Bear presents itself as an equal opportunities employer and promises it's potential employees opportunities for growth and promotion. Working for the store for over a year I witnessed a huge turnover of staff, often on a weekly basis. I believe the reasons for this were poor treatment towards staff, a huge work load and pressure to sell in exchange for poor wage and terrible working conditions. Staff are expected to process massive deliveries twice a week and are given a 2 hour window to complete this. The stockroom has no windows and is nothing short of claustrophobic. Staff are forced to work for hours on end with no breaks for up to 5 hours and are not permitted to speak to each other or listen to music while working in isolation. Utterly disgraceful excuse for a 'staff room'. A small claustrophobic (that word again) hole in the wall (literally) that offers no breathing space. In my time I witnessed a number of Arab customers keen to be given the opportunity to work within the store. Their CV's were glanced at briefly and tossed on the trash - possibly a racist undertone? I myself worked for almost 2 years and was never offered any kind of pay rise or promotion despite taking on responsibilities that were not part of my job description. I witnessed hardworking employees taking on extra duties under the false belief that they were being trained for a better position and then being told they would not be receiving a promotion and that the position they were being trained for was no longer available. I witnessed cashiers being robbed of their commission without prior knowledge due to theft in the store.

Advice to Management

I strongly advise management to put the needs of their employees before anything else. Poor treatment of staff makes for a terrible atmosphere in any store and this translates into their everyday duties. Unhappy members of staff cannot be expected to give great customer service. I have worked for many stores and Pull & Bear is by far the most chaotic place I have ever worked.

7. "Good Experience for Retail Job"

Pros

Manager is nice and plans work schedules well and ahead on time

Cons

Very busy and hectic retail environment. Got to stop and rest only during meal breaks.

8. "Pull and Bear Oxford Street"

Pros

I've given this particular Pull and Bear 2 stars as they do pay on time, the contract process is easy and they ensure your hours are fulfilled. Fruit is also supplied 3 times a week which is a bonus. The other employees there are amazing. They all work so hard, they are all extremely friendly and I cannot fault them. (This is l refereeing to 99% of other Sales Assistants and Supervisors).

Cons

The cons list is quite extensive, so I'll stick to the ones that I feel are most important. The management is awful. I have never working within an environment where I feel so uneasy with working with the management. This is not referring to the supervisors as they are a gem. I am referring to the terrible social skills and the lack of manners when communicating with other staff members. Secondly, the work environment in terms or heat and comfort are rediculous. How you can leave staff in 30 degree heat for hours at a time, I cannot comprehend. I have worked in kitchens and I can tell you now, they have better ventilation then Pull and Bear on Oxford Street. Lastly, the concern for people is terrible. The management and head office have zero concern for employees. Some of the staff there are incredible people and they have no respect or care for them what so ever. I cannot stress enough how much it angers me that they treat other people this badly on a regular basis. I really hope they change this soon because the staff there are amazing people and they deserve a lot more. Due to all of the above, I will be leaving very soon.

Advice to Management

Change the way you talk, connect and respond to your employees. Keep a very close eye on the in store managers and improve the working conditions massively!

9. "Do not recommend. Only if you need a quick summer job"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in London, England (UK)

Pros

You have a chance to meet a few nice colleagues who become friends and meet lovely customers

Cons

Clear divide between staff and higher management. Expect to be spoken about in Spanish by managers when you're near. Racist at times. Ugly uniform. Overworked. Sometimes not told that it was time for my break. On your feet all day running back and forth.

Advice to Management

Hire friendly management. Change uniform to store clothes. Don't blatantly talk about staff around them in a different language. Increase tap - workload and hours are not represented by pay.

10. "INDITEX"

Former Employee - Section Manager in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Former Employee - Section Manager in Istanbul (Turkey)

Pros

Corporate Company and good salary

Cons

Over working and work pressure.It is up to ur privilege in your life. If the salary and career or your social life is more important.