Pulse (UK) "pulse" Reviews | Glassdoor

Pulse (UK) Employee Reviews about "pulse"

Updated Dec 3, 2019

4.0
Pulse (UK) CEO Richard MacMillan
Richard MacMillan
Pros
  • "Having been part of the Pulse family for 10 years I am proud to work for such a great company(in 25 reviews)

• "Clear career progression, which is mapped out in a career pathway(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pulse give everyone the tools to be able to thrive in a buzzy, fast paced, stressful environment should they be willing to put the work in(in 15 reviews)

• "Lack of career progression or a clear pathway after initial promotions(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "pulse"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Ability to make money if you put the work in."

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pulse allows you to work autonomously but also as part of a team as there is always somebody to help and support you to get to the top. The holiday allowance is beneficial as it makes you realise the importance of work / life balance.

Cons

Not everybody takes advantage of the structure and ability to progress.

Pulse (UK)2019-12-03

"A once great company that has lost its way"

Former Employee - Business Account Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I worked at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There were some great people within the business. The CEO is a great leader, but his senior management let him down.

Cons

I worked for Pulse for over 10 years and the reviews I have seen on here do not reflect the poor treatment that I have seen happen especially over the last 2 years. The division I worked in had no direction or strategy. Poor decisions at senior management level lead to losing many major contracts and candidates. It all could have been different if they had listened to the staff who were on the ground who knew the market. This once great company who I absolutely loved working for let me down. Lack of support to do my job efficiently, poor communication, and being left to keep staff moral high after changes being made to the business that I had no say in. No career progression- a career pathway was spoken about and promised for over 3 years which never materialised. The bonus structure is an absolute joke for what is supposed to a recruitment company! finally the company of late has lost some really good employees who worked hard and grew the business at its peak, these employees were loyal and stayed because they wanted to see the company get to that success again, but you let them down. I'm still waiting for my exit interview so I thought I'd write a review.

Advice to Management

Communication is key to engaging with your staff. Senior management, if you are walking into a branch maybe speak to the team instead of walking into an office and shutting the door. Remember, People buy people. Engage with your staff and understand the challenges they face. Look at the rewards package, it does not match your competitors.

Pulse (UK)2019-08-03
  3. "Great opportunities"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pulse have put in place a great career pathway, which means you are in control of what you want to achieve in your career and the timescale in which to achieve it. There is a high level of on-going personal developement which is personally tailored rather than just attending generic training sessions.

Cons

Parking can sometimes be limited

Pulse (UK)2019-04-03
  4. "Pulse Nursing teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Having been part of the Pulse family for 10 years I am proud to work for such a great company. You have autonomy and trust to help grow the business, open communication and so much in terms of benefits from a simple thank you, through to an amazing Christmas party.

Cons

Very few, the nature of what we do = fast pace and often a busy environment, but if you work hard the pros certainly out weigh the cons

Advice to Management

Keep listening and keep evolving

Pulse (UK)2019-03-01
  5. "Lovely place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pulse has a great training programme for new starters and continues to support you throughout your career with regular training & upsklling on market changes. Great incentives in place to keep us motivated whether it be the ability to win a £10 voucher or a trip away! There is always opportunity for you to grow with a clear career pathway. Enjoyable office with a great buzz! Overall a great place to work!!

Cons

Nothing significant that I need to share!!

Pulse (UK)2019-02-04
  6. "Pulse"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Clear Career Progression including pay rise's - Lots of supporting sales functions to make your role as stress free as possible - Managing Director for AHP is amazingly supportive and gets so involved - Training and support always offered - Uncapped commission, with a huge window to earn extra money/attend trips with quarterly and yearly incentives - Realistic KPIs

Cons

Recruitment can be stressful, i think everyone in the industry would agree that you need to put in what you want to get out. Pulse give everyone the tools to be able to thrive in a buzzy, fast paced, stressful environment should they be willing to put the work in. Pulse will do what they can to support you and relieve any stress where possible.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-29
  7. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time

Pros

Pulse have been very supportive and have kept to their word since i have started. The training that i have received has been amazing and has covered every detail.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons. But it is normal to have a bad day, but if you are having a bad day the atmosphere in the office is so motivating and drives you to work hard and their is so much support and experience around you.

Advice to Management

Overall being an amazing company to work for but the training involved in the role is one thing that impressed me, it covers every detail and it shows so much that they care for their new starters and wants everyone to be successful.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-29
  8. "The company as a whole work ethically."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Pulse for over a decade and I can honestly say I feel that they genuinely care about me as an individual and value my hard work. The company as a whole work ethically.

Cons

Working for such a large organisation means at times "processes" can hold you back and take time.

9. "Working at Pulse"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Cheshunt, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

• Great work/life balance • Excellent pay & commission scheme • Clear career progression, which is mapped out in a career pathway • Amazing benefits - holiday incentives, quarterly outings for high performance members of staff, discount vouchers, private healthcare option, pension scheme, 25 days holiday and much more • In depth training programme – a 12-week training programme that gives you the opportunity to learn from the Director, senior consultants and learning and development team. • Opportunities to further your education with support in the Certificate of Recruitment & many other courses for management and more.

Cons

Working for Pulse and in any sales environment can be extremely high pressured and demanding, this can often result in a stressful work environment. However, Pulse have always been very understanding of this and have always supported my stresses.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-28
  10. "Pulse"

Sales Manager in Broxbourne, East of England, England

I have been working at Pulse (UK) for more than 5 years

Pros

Pulse provide some of the best training and support that I have ever seen in a company. This has been echoed by a number of new recruits, as well as existing staff who have developed under the organisation. There are also fantastic opportunities for progression, as well as being able to develop a career within a reputable, stable and most importantly ethical company. Almost all of the management team have grown organically within the company which is proof of the career development available, as well as ensuring that the company maintains the same ethics and vision.

Cons

Given the scale of the organisation, decisions can sometimes take a while to be made or authorised. There can also be delays in implementing changes as they may need to be mirrored or approved company wide.

Advice to Management

Continue to question and listen to staff feedback. The recent changes made have shown immediate return for employee morale and development and serve as proof for acting on feedback. To also be transparent where possible, even if staff disagree with decisions, they are more likely to understand and support if they have been provided with the rationale behind certain decisions made.

Pulse (UK)2019-01-28