KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PulsePoint

Engaged Employer

PulsePoint

Add a Review

PulsePoint Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated Sep 2, 2021

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Bad Management, don't value their employees like they should(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

The best experience

Aug 19, 2021 - Account Management Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is super helpful and eager to teach you. i felt like I was learning something new everyday and no matter how many questions I had, they were always answered with excitement. The culture here is probably the best of it all. Seriously the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

The only con I could possibly think of was interns don't go on their summer retreat!

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

PulsePoint Internship Experience Summer 2018

Aug 21, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture. Very relaxed setting with no specific dress code. Plenty of snacks and free coffee to get you through the day. People are generally eager to help and your mentors look after you as an intern. They do not work you to the ground and you can pretty much do the work at whatever pace you'd like. I was never given a deadline beside for the final presentation which I presented to my team at the end of the summer.

Cons

The work I did was mostly administrative and not particularly exciting but this depends on which department you are in. However, my mentors tried to include me in meetings and calls. Interns were only allowed to work 25 hours per week at $13 per hour so the wage is not very competitive which makes sense given that there was rarely 25 of work per week to do in my experience. I also noticed a high turnover rate in my 3 months working at PulsePoint.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small start up vibe so you aren't just a number and get to work on a team that has a say in the strategy and direction of the company--they live by 'make a difference'. Cool co-workers (yoga, soul cycle, soccer)--they have fun and play hard. Definitely a great culture. Great industry in adtech--exciting and ever changing.

Cons

Fluid strategy and direction which is sometimes ambiguous but pretty standard in an evolving industry like ad tech.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

potential, but some aspects of culture and execution are flawed

Aug 27, 2016 - Sales in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture of working towards people's strength. Very team driven work environment, be it failure or success. transparent communication A strong product team A strong data science team Profitable and healthy company. New Content Marketing Platform seems to be an exciting offer and a first in the whole industry.

Cons

Some office politics/gossip/ego culture, which goes unchecked. Some roles don't have clear KPIs and some few people get away with not being very good in their roles. Attitude issues. Make sure to actively manage what you want to get done. Management tends to manage up and are not fully aware of the team performs and/or challenges and/or alignment of teams and functions. Spreading to thin regarding product rollout, almost too many products to role out at once. Not a clear direction. It feels like winning market share and strategic growth potential is not a top priority. Lack of commitment to put resources towards full product development unless the most basic iteration is successful, competing in a saturated market. "Small company, big impact": only partly true. Some roles tend to be high visibility. On the other hand the company fails to develop (or does so very slowly) some genius people who are there for years already. struggles to execute quickly. There is a lot of talking. Struggles with making decisions. Overall it is a bunch of mostly well-meaning people. I wouldn't recommend if you expect top professionalism all the time. If you are a well organised go-getter, who can document progress and sucks and can work around that, and some stakeholder management doesn't bother you, you will be fine.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company & great place to work!

Jun 17, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- office perks: lots of free food (snacks, cereal, drinks, bi-weekly lunches), games room, company events, annual company-wide retreat, guest speakers from the industry - the company itself is generating revenues AND is profitable (quite rare in the ad tech industry) - great people! everyone is willing to take the time to help you, whether that's learning about something technical in the ad tech space or just general knowledge sharing - transparent & open communication. We have weekly company-wide meetings, the CEO's goals are clear as well as how each team is working to help achieve the company's overall goals. The senior leadership team is also very approachable, friendly, and will make time for you - very nimble and fast-paced environment which lets you grow/develop in ways that would take years elsewhere. Lots of opportunities to learn and be exposed to new/interesting projects - excellent work-life balance! You work the hours needed to get your work done - laid-back culture with a work hard/play hard mindset - pay/overall compensation is good - definitely a 'small company, big impact' kind of place (~100 people)

Cons

If the above pros aren't for you (small company, fast-paced, friendly people, open environment), then you won't like it here.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Time for Spring Cleaning

Apr 15, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Reasonably progressive corporate culture. * Flexible scheduling requirements, can work from home occasionally as needed. * Some 401k contribution matching. * Excellent health/dental/vision coverage. * Employees are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their knowledge and experience. * Monthly happy hours. * Annual retreats are super fun. * Very stable long-term outlook for the company, if you can stomach the sour grapes in the bunch. * Constantly experimenting with bleeding-edge technologies. * Sloan is far and away the best CEO the company has ever had. He sincerely cares about the well-being of his employees. Not so sure about the rest of the pyramid.

Cons

* Technical leadership values buzzword drivel and political posturing over simply doing good work well. They care more about how they are perceived than the quality of work being produced by their respective teams, and will send you to the wolves if it improves their own station in any fashion. Cronyism and nepotism are rampant and critically damaging the morale of relevant teams. * Company hires outside for new positions rather than advancing positions internally. This discourages long-term stays at the company, so people usually move on after a year or two of going nowhere. * Teeny tiny annual training budget is far under the minimum necessary for any decent technical certification. * Completely disjointed and unorganized personal goal system means people set easily obtainable goals to make their annual 100% bonus requirements rather than trying to challenge themselves (or, even better, having everyone's goals aligned across the company to unite us in our work). * Open office plan would be acceptable if there were further physical divisions between business units. Members of Tech often flee to conference rooms or work remotely in order to meet productivity commitments. * AdTech industry is auto-cannibalizing, you'll see the same faces from the same companies in the industry go in and out as time goes on. * Meeting culture is so invasive that Fridays have become official "No Meeting Day"s so people can actually get work done without being interrupted every 40 minutes. This does not stop anyone from trying to schedule a meeting with you on Friday or just straight pulling you into a room for a spontaneous discussion about whatever it is people are worked up about. * Weekly company meeting is a huge time sink. * Company off-shores projects on the cheap rather than investing in American jobs. * No internal feedback/arbitration workflow for resolving conflicts between employees. * Nobody's steering the technical vision of the company. There are no technical visionaries. Everything is reactive. Someone important heard about Docker, now it's time to Dockerize all the things regardless of whether it's appropriate.

13 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Tech company where you can make a difference

Nov 13, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is very open. The CEO and all the senior team sit with everyone else. The company holds weekly meetings where the entire company is invited for brainstorming, updates, activities. Several initiatives were funded from ideas coming individual contributors. There is a real desire from the senior team to grow each member of the company. I have never seen such support and trying to put in place the right culture, from onboarding of a new hires up to the transparency in the company strategy,

Cons

Pulsepoint is in a competitive market where staying relevant means continuously reinventing yourself. The many ideas put in place to grow and align the team are not all rationalized. So at times the system that tracks your goals, along with the career path system and reviews can add a level of complexity. They are all good ideas, but need to be tuned to be aligned with everyone's work and daily realities.

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Place to Grow and Build your career . . . Place Rocks for me

Dec 19, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) great culture. It is not perfect, but the senior team really tries and does a great job at making it a cool culture. We have free lunches, free candy, sodas, ice cream and cereal bar. 2) Benefits/perks. Have relatively good benefits with almost free health (low co-pay), dental, eye, free Citi-Bike, sabbaticals, summer fridays, etc. etc. 3) Compensation. I find my compensation package to be above average and more than competitive. 4) For the size of the organization, it is an innovative, nimble, and fast-paced and open with communication. 5) you would have plenty of opportunity to grow your career. 6) You get to work with some bright, innovative and hard-working/diligent minds in the industry.

Cons

We have been part of a huge transformation over the past year with the new senior team. This has meant that some people no longer work at the company. Good IMO. Business is meant to make money and not just pay commissions. The company is now profitable and growing really fast and our Company is doing great and we are well compensated. Sometimes change is necessary. In our case it definitely was.

4 people found this review helpful

PulsePoint Response

VP of People Operations

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your thoughts and your feedback regarding your experience with Pulsepoint. We're constantly looking for ways to make this a better place for our teams.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work!

Jun 25, 2019 - Vice President Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

An amazing team of talented people, The Leadership team are all very approachable and down to earth. It's a really great company culture. There's lots of room for growth. The yearly retreats are always a blast. There are lots of perks: free lunch, massage day, $500 bonus for vacations, honeymoons, etc. They have a very unique tech offering in the healthcare space.

Cons

More diversity in the Executive Leadership Team.

6 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing People and Culture

Oct 13, 2021 - Campaign Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing people competitive pay great company culture transparency from management opportunities for growth and they set you up for success

Cons

none that I can think of at the moment

1 person found this review helpful