Pulte Homes Reviews | Glassdoor

Pulte Homes Reviews

Updated June 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • The work life balance was horrible (in 17 reviews)

• They ask you to work long hours to get the job done then give you a talking to once you go over 100 hours for a 2 week pay period (in 14 reviews)

1. "Land development manager"

Former Employee - Land Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Land Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pulte Homes (More than a year)

Pros

This is a Great place to work

Cons

I do not see any 'cons' for this company

"Leadership /Uppper Management is a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Pulte Homes (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers and mid level colleagues were the best part of my experience

Cons

My division in the NE is very disconnected, from upper management to the mid level employees. They hope that you believe them when they attempt to convince you that they run an inclusive culture, but the truth is far from this. Certain employees receive preferential treatment while the rest are underappreciated. A lousy culture with no team atmosphere....

Advice to Management

my advise is completely irrelevant as management is "too smart" to listen anyway..

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Title Officer in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Title Officer in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Location and People. Stand up team of people with no drama. Company produces a great product and they respect their clients and employees.

Cons

None, my department was dissolved due to being bought out by a large Title Company.

"High expectations for low pay"

Current Employee - CAD Drafter in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - CAD Drafter in Irving, TX

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall it is a good place to work. If you are starting out in the residential field it's a good place to go.

Cons

They will try to squeeze as much work out of you as they can for no more pay. Just went through a massive company wide layoff to clean out high salaries.

"Massive Layoffs despite strong earnings - activist investor shenanigans"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This WAS a great place to work - good people who are fun, nice & smart. Massive layoffs in August 2016 happened out of the blue and there is a huge brain drain that occurred because of these layoffs. The company is very different from what it was four years ago.

Cons

You can be laid off without warning, despite your own strong performance. Very male dominated culture. Very financially driven company, not focused on consumer satisfaction. Senior management totally caved to outside activist investors.

Advice to Management

I don't know what to say. One of the four strategic pillars is "consumer inspired" - not sure how this is going to be accomplished now with all the talent you've let go. The Gallup results of the June '16 survey will not be reflective of the current employee attitude toward the company.

"Right ideas...wrong execution"

Current Employee - Construction Manager in Sugar Hill, GA
    Current Employee - Construction Manager in Sugar Hill, GA

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is really trying hard to create an engaged culture within the company. Benefits are excellent. Overall the company is in good shape financially. Things seem to be heading in the right direction.

Cons

Major layoffs recently have really hurt the trust and moral of employees. It will take several years for the divisions and the HQ to get back on track. Current and new employees will be asked to do more with less.

Advice to Management

Hold employees and managers more accountable for their actions or in-actions. Be more realistic in your approach to new ideas and innovations.

"Company future is uncertain. Lay-offs everywhere. Remaining employees are RUNNING!!! Only homebuilder laying-off."

Former Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great eservice system and you had control over your own communities from start to completion. They trust you with running your show and making the right choice.

Cons

Lay-offs should have been managers not the people that do the everyday field work and actually take care of the buyers. Company has gone down hill fast and still desending since the whole CEO/Bill Pulte public argument that should never have happened. Pulte appointed CEO himself years ago and NOW he has a problem with him because he moved the corporate office from a low profile northern town that no one has a clue where it is to a large well known large city that is actually on a map!?! Pulte himself even moved from Michigan to Florida!! Investors are now running the show and the remaining employees are running as fast as they can. Good luck trying to build homes with 20 college kids in the field.

Advice to Management

Keep company problems to yourself and out of the public eye or buyers will run as fast as your employees.

"Great Management"

Current Employee - Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager is great, she is most of the reason I am still with Pulte. Easy laid back style management. Understandable bosses and great team work. Very organized company that knows great strategic ways to get the work done.

Cons

Overworked. Job title doesn't fit all the things you do. No movement and not good pay.

"Great people"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3 weeks of PTO + option to buy an additional week
    People are great from the corporate level to the field
    Office space is nice
    Holiday parties are nice

Cons

Lack of succession plan for Shared Services Dept.
    Work-life balance was horrible
    Pay was non-competitive
    Work was non-meaningful
    Want over qualified candidates for positions but not willing to pay nor groom from inside the company

Advice to Management

Develop a better succession plan for the shared service department. In addition, develop a professional development program.

"Vendor Cost Specialist"

Current Employee - Vendor Cost Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Vendor Cost Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Pulte Homes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was a nice environment before the massive layoffs started in August 2016. Laying off people who worked very hard while being under paid.

Cons

It was a great company before upper level management started fighting and made it Public. CEO has no integrity. He did not feel bad about laying off people in massive, in his interview he said that he is very proud of how he handled that situation by letting go hundreds of people. He sent an email to everybody in the company stating the same even we are still there (the ones who are being laid off). Low salaries company wide.

Advice to Management

I am just going to watch how our full time job will be getting done by other people as an additional task. Employees will be quitting very soon. Good luck in the future by going down the hill.