Purchasing Power, LLC Reviews

Updated Jan 22, 2020

2.5
Purchasing Power, LLC CEO Richard Carrano (no image)
Richard Carrano
Pros
  • "A very unique business model that is doing well in spite of poor stewardship(in 10 reviews)

• "Great company for young people to grow and learn(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "The culture has become toxic and good people are leaving left and right(in 6 reviews)

• "Bad uncaring middle and upper management(in 6 reviews)

1. "Manager"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great casual work environment and wonderful system of staying in touch with your manager as far as what you're working on and what your priorities should be.

Cons

Midtown traffic is horrible - let the people who can work from home do so without giving them a guilt trip!

June 5, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we will consider your advice and comments as we continue raising the bar in pursuit of our mission to "power people to a better life ". Our employees are encouraged to provide further feedback to humanresources@purchasingpower.com

"A Career Gamble"

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are brought in as someone who knows someone, it can go very well for you at Purchasing Power. Unlimited PTO was presented a modern bonus. Overall company culture seemed fun. There are some truly great managers, but so many seem to eventually be turned off by the behind the scenes culture and leave. But it is a gamble because if you are one of the chosen ones you can see your career really grow and work with some truly amazing folks.

Cons

For the majority of employees there are absolutely no growth opportunities. Favoritism exists everywhere but never have I seen it as blatant as I did here. Yearly reviews were a joke and to “prove yourself” you were expected to do you job plus the position above yours with no promise of a promotion ever being fulfilled. The attitude of certain upper level management was appalling and included publicly berating team members far beyond what is appropriate. This is the company that really taught me that HR exists to protect a company and not its employees and that going to HR could and would result in retaliatory moves. This was a company that had a vibrant multicultural vibe and I saw that slowly get wiped away, especially in positions of leadership. Compensation can be far from fair and unlimited PTO becomes a tool wielded by managers to guilt or intimidate employees and blurs the line between life and work. On your 3rd anniversary with the company they will give you the book “oh the places you’ll go” by Dr Seuss and there will be a chance that career wise, you have gone absolutely nowhere. You’ll perhaps use that book as inspiration to go somewhere else.

Continue reading

"Ok it is the 1st qtr EVERY year this company trims the fat !!! Who will get the Axe next"

Former Employee - Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Snack budget every month that’s about it !

Cons

Awful aweful Middle Management - terrible Managers ! They should all be fired and trim that fat ! They are overpaid / less knowledge than the actual staff / and totally brown nose and kiss butt with the Csuite!

Continue reading
  4. "Great Company, Bad CS Management"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time

Pros

Great Benefits & Perks. Some nice people.

Cons

CS Management is stale and does not seek innovation. If you have ideas, keep them to yourself because they are not welcomed. It's better to collect a pay check than to become involved with the company.

Continue reading

"Company needs an identity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Good benefits, Great coworkers

Cons

Horrible C Suite Weak middle management “Golden children” incompetent and have tenure for no reason Products are marked up ridiculous percent with terrible delivery and logistics Trying desperately to make revenue with horrible partnerships, bad decisions and cheap short cuts

Continue reading

"Was great until they drove out the good leadership"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual dress, you get $15 in snacks a month from their “store.”

Cons

Super stressful, no training, political, and management nonexistent. Depending on department, you won’t get any training, but they provide training to others. So they have their favorites. Their unlimited PTO is fake, you’re still required to work on your PTO. This company has a crazy turnover rate due to the stress and bad working conditions. Also, technology is pretty pitiful. It was an amazing company, sad to see it become what it is. Also research their business, and what they do and who it targets.

May 8, 2019Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we will take your comments into consideration as we continue raising the bar in pursuit of our mission to "power people to a better life ". Our employees are encouraged to provide further feedback to Humanresources@purchasingpower.com

"Overall great company"

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time

Pros

Some fantastic people to work with

Cons

Politics and poor structure prevent progress

May 8, 2019Director of HR

"Company doesn't know what to do with real talent"

Former Employee - Statistical Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, Paid for benefits, Pool Table, Coworkers with big hearts. Great company culture.

Cons

No direction for Analytical talent. I have a masters in Statistics and the work I was doing I felt a high school kid with some excel skills could have done. But the job description will make you think you will be doing machine learning. There were a few projects that could have done that would have proved interesting, but management had no interest in doing anything to improve the business or processes. We just kept with status quo for years. Before I left the company 3 of my managers had left the company. a team of 3 analyst with no manager. They then move the analyst under an accounting person which knows nothing about analytics. As a beginning analyst I had no one to learn from, I was on my own. I spent half my time learning new things to build my skills to land a more productive role somewhere else. The pay was also about 20k under market for my credentials. I would return, but only in a position where I can build my own team and a salary that I deserve.

"Finance"

Former Employee - Finance in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great causal work environment, good benefits and family environment. Overall cool place.

Cons

Need to invest in Oracle support and too many manual processes.

"When you hire talented people, recognize the talent they bring!"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Purchasing Power, LLC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some flexibility to time off - depending on your position. Social hour. Small company.

Cons

Talent is not truly identified and utilized where they excel, therefore talented people leave.....leaving you with the bottom of the barrel. There should be opportunity to shine, but the real shining stars are not recognized. Leaders have been in their positions for long periods of time - it’s stagnant and they are complacent and accepting of sub-par practices and policies.

Found 95 reviews