KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 109 of over 122 reviews

3.7
Purchasing Power, LLC CEO Trey Loughran
Trey Loughran
Pros
  • "Unique business model and steady revenue growth over the last 20 years(in 12 reviews)

• "Great company for young people to grow and learn(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The culture has become toxic and good people are leaving left and right(in 6 reviews)

• "Bad uncaring middle and upper management(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Excellent Company, Wonderful & Supportive Management

Jul 1, 2021 - Business Intelligence Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Purchasing Power is an excellent company to work for, because the salary, benefits, paid time off, paid holidays and perks are all wonderful. I also enjoy having the flexibility of working from home and in the office. The recruiting experience was also excellent and give the human resources department all five stars. I am proud to work for a company that is very supportive of inclusion, diversity and acceptance.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your experience!

2. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 7, 2021 - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the Flexibility and the company culture.

Cons

No cons at this time.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company, poor infrastructure

Jun 22, 2021 - Senior Strategic Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the company cares about their employees and tries to engage them as much as possible. The benefits package is great. The program itself is very innovative and reaches a segment of the country that needs help.

Cons

Little to no opportunity for growth. The company is not growing fast enough to keep their existing workforce engaged and challenged. I worked here for 5 years with no opportunity for a raise or promotion. This was the same for 5 of my teammates. There is still a culture of micro-management due to a resistance to building out a more effective infrastructure.

Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback! We've heard loud and clear that employees struggle to see growth opportunities. We taken steps to address this with a career development strategy that includes ongoing conversations with managers to chart your career path, we are introducing resources show various paths across the company, and have an LMS with a wealth of courses for development. Our TA team recently reintroduced an internal applicant process. All of this in an effort to help employees see what's available and how they can develop themselves for future growth. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective with us!

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Jun 30, 2021 - Information Security Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company values its employees. From the first contact with the HR team recruiters to the onboarding programs and ongoing training, you get a sense of the "super powers" at work. Lots of opportunities for career growth.

Cons

None that I can think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rejuvenated Company with New Mid-to-High Executives

Mar 18, 2021 - Data Scientist in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing company with strong senior leadership team.

Cons

Career development is not that clear, employee has to think for himself/herself when outside opportunities come.

Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are proud to have such strong leaders on our team who can drive results in partnership with their teams. It is expected that career development discussions take place with leaders as part of your check-in process. In addition, we are committed to providing employees with more well defined career paths that can be a tool for further career development discussions with leaders. Thank you again for sharing your experience!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company with solid product offering

Feb 8, 2021 - Financial Operations Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Team mates everything is clearly defined systematic

Cons

Not a lot of higher level thinking

Director of HR

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We are happy to hear that your experience with your teammates and your role is going well. We have a number of ways to grow and develop and most recently excited to have launched our learning management system that gives you the opportunity to learn at your own pace. Please reach out to your management team or the learning & development team to learn about more ways to grow your skills.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, great leadership!

Jan 13, 2021 - Manager, Internal Communications in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, great leadership and development opportunities.

Cons

Commute to midtown location was a bit rough from North Atlanta.

Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time on the team. Yes, the commute to midtown is rough. No way around that but the teleworking a few days a week should provide some relief . Take care!

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Started out as a family-oriented company....that changed

Feb 19, 2021 - Help Desk Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent staff to work with!

Cons

Changes in leadership lead to negative changes in morale and increased turnover

Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It sounds like you may have developed some lifelong friendships during your time with the company. We are glad to have been part of your career journey and appreciate your perspective on recent changes. Change is never easy and is the most uncomfortable when we see our friends moving on as a result. Nonetheless, we are thankful for all your contributions.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Manager

Dec 10, 2020 - Senior Manager - Sales in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great organization for work life balance

Cons

Little room for future growth

1 person found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We would love to know more about the growth you desire. Please reach out to a member of our HR team at humanresources@purchasingpower.com to talk it through.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

A Career Gamble

Jan 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are brought in as someone who knows someone, it can go very well for you at Purchasing Power. Unlimited PTO was presented a modern bonus. Overall company culture seemed fun. There are some truly great managers, but so many seem to eventually be turned off by the behind the scenes culture and leave. But it is a gamble because if you are one of the chosen ones you can see your career really grow and work with some truly amazing folks.

Cons

For the majority of employees there are absolutely no growth opportunities. Favoritism exists everywhere but never have I seen it as blatant as I did here. Yearly reviews were a joke and to “prove yourself” you were expected to do you job plus the position above yours with no promise of a promotion ever being fulfilled. The attitude of certain upper level management was appalling and included publicly berating team members far beyond what is appropriate. This is the company that really taught me that HR exists to protect a company and not its employees and that going to HR could and would result in retaliatory moves. This was a company that had a vibrant multicultural vibe and I saw that slowly get wiped away, especially in positions of leadership. Compensation can be far from fair and unlimited PTO becomes a tool wielded by managers to guilt or intimidate employees and blurs the line between life and work. On your 3rd anniversary with the company they will give you the book “oh the places you’ll go” by Dr Seuss and there will be a chance that career wise, you have gone absolutely nowhere. You’ll perhaps use that book as inspiration to go somewhere else.

9 people found this review helpful