Pure Romance Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Chris Cicchinelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • All the money you make depends on how hard you want to work (in 7 reviews)

• I truly love what I do and the training and support I receive makes it easy to do so (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to spend some money to make money (in 10 reviews)

• Shipping costs can be very high, profit margin slides if recruiting and sales quotas are not met (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing company that treats its customers and employees like family."

Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High commission, inviting and accepting consultants, great recognition, always giving back

Cons

Shipping can be a little pricey.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I can not wait to see where this company is, and takes us in 5, 10+ years!

2. "Not a sisterhood."

Pros

Can make money on your schedule. Corporate training is very good. Need more words to qualify in order to post.

Cons

No matter what they say this is not a sisterhood. Count only on yourself. Other consultants can make things difficult for you for no reason and as long as they make the company money they don't care.

3. "Hard work required"

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You make your schedule, paycheck, and opportunities! The company has many incentives and opportunities to go far.

Cons

It requires full time effort and determination.

4. "I'll Never Do Anything Else"

Current Employee - National Director in Lake Oswego, OR
    Current Employee - National Director in Lake Oswego, OR

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility, Fun, Friendships, & Financial Freedom. We literally get paid to party! I'm just a mom with no college degree who gets to stay home with my kids because of this great business model.

Cons

You do have to be self motivated to do the work. No boss hovers over you telling you what to do and when to do it. Oh wait, I guess that's a pro too! lol. ;-)

Advice to Management

Keep growing! I'd love to see us worldwide in the next decade.

5. "Best Career I've Ever Seen!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Make your own schedule, be your own boss, no glass ceiling! If you aren't successful and are full of complaints, that's on you. NOT a pyramid scheme (as those as only when your upline makes money on you, not selling a product). Meet so many fun women at a FUN job!

Cons

Again, your success depends how much you want to work. You'll get out of it what you put in.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and improving with the consultant in mind. You're doing great!

6. "Love love love"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never been more inspired to do more not only for the company but for my own personal life.

Cons

I have yet to find a con. I am sure every company has them, if you don't you can't grow.

Advice to Management

Everyone has been very supportive. The CEO gave a motivational speech not that long ago to us. I was in awe how much he cares. And the founder I can't say enough enough about her.

"Shipping is horrible"

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Reading, PA

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parties are fun and relating to other women and making money is great!

Cons

The shipping is insane I understand that most of the products are liquid but something has got to give. Then if an item is backordered you have to pay 6$ extra to expedite it. That is not fair because you already paid to have it shipped when you placed the order. For 2018 the buying discount has been lowered. The average party is not $500. Your lucky if you make $300. I work my business and book parties maybe about 6 to 8 parties a month. So I do work hared at it and still have not seen a huge return on the investment I made with Pure Romance. They have their hands in my pocket with shipping charges and backordered items. Not much of a profit left afterwards. Then when you get a free product order they charge you retail price for only selected items. That's not fair either. I should be getting my discount. These are my only issues with PR. I enjoy to team and women I have met.

Advice to Management

Explain to women they will need more then the starting kit to make a profit. They need about $2,000.00 in inventory. If not all the profit is going on shipping charges and business supplies. Explaining these things can avoid a consultant to become inactive. At lease then she knows what she is getting into. Don't fluff it up to be something its not. I have worked hard and long and invested money that was not worth the investment. Too many changes to products and catalogs and that creates more unexpected expense for a new consultant. I have watched and studied many things on line from your top consultants in the industry and still don't think its fair ! I can't sell someone a kit knowing that she will struggle if she only has $ for a starter kit and nothing else. Its a waste!

"Advanced consultant"

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time

Pros

Make your own hours, work as much or as little as you want, you are in control of how successful you are.

Cons

You are solely responsible for how successful you are.

Advice to Management

Thanks for being so amazing!

"Total pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Pure Romance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting other women other than that nothing

Cons

Product is not well made. Had to purchase at least $200 a month to stay a consultant. Items can be found cheaper on amazon

Advice to Management

Close the company

Pure Romance Response

Nov 14, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

The Difference Between Legitimate Direct Selling Companies Like Pure Romance and Illegal Pyramid Schemes

The direct selling industry has been in the news recently as a result of some company’s... More

10. "Pure Romance"

Former Employee - Senior Director
    Former Employee - Senior Director

I worked at Pure Romance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The parties were fun, met a lot of great people, great opportunities to win trips, tons of training opportunities and the national events were always amazing.

Cons

Profit isn't garunteed, have to recruit and activate new recruits to max out bonuses, must carry stock to make good money, expenses sometimes outweighed profit. It's party plan... what you put in is what you get.

Advice to Management

Patty & Chris are fantastic.
    Reach out to people who are trying to leave the business to show you care.