Pure Romance Reviews | Glassdoor

Pure Romance Reviews

Updated December 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • All the money you make depends on how hard you want to work (in 7 reviews)

• Lots of training and lots of money to be made (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Have to spend some money to make money (in 10 reviews)

• Shipping costs can be very high, profit margin slides if recruiting and sales quotas are not met (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fun side business where empowering women is the goal"

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Advanced Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make your own hours, empower women, educate women, great products you can put your reputation behind, self-promotion.

Cons

Lots of leg work to get your business out there.

2. "Amazing! Still one of the greatest decisions I've made!"

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time

Pros

Great, fun way to make easy money!

Cons

May take a while to jump start business but pays off when it gets going!

3. "Short Review"

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time

Pros

Working your own business is a wonderful chance for entrepreneurs who want something to call their own, with the help of an already established company

Cons

Sometimes the minimums can be hard to reach first starting out.

"Not the place for those seeking to make an impact"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Pure Romance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the spirit of a complete review there are some pros. Frequent happy hours, some opportunities to travel, lots of office party type incentives. Despite all the cons below, you do get a sense that the founding family has the best intentions.

Cons

The majority of management (including top leadership) is so unsure of themselves they never communicate expectations, don't set parameters for successs, and micromanage down to the minute to actively prevent employees from taking any level of initiative. The level of infighting rivals a school playground, and unprofessionalism is abound. Because the way the company has grown, it has built a bubble around itself that actively squashes outside perspective. You're either all-in or you're the enemy. There's no room for a differing opinion or fresh perspective. Turnover is atrocious, and those that have stayed adopt a scary battered mentality where it's rationalized as normal when an employee is berated with cursing and put-downs just because a leader was feeling a bit grumpy. Note to potential employees: filter out reviews that don't come from corporate hq jobs. After someone leaves a bad review, Consultants (non-employees who buy and resell product) are asked to leave multiple glowing reviews to drown out the bad.

Advice to Management

No point. Advice falls on deaf ears.

"Customer"

Pros

There are no pros but apparently I have to fill this space with 20 words. Parties aren't even fun unless you've been drinking heavily. Please consider my review prior to purchase or interaction with Pure Romance consultants.

Cons

Shipping took me literally 3 months to receive my products, the other products I ordered and canceled were never refunded to me. The consultant always had some one excuse as to my why products weren't on their way to me. It's unheard of to wait so long for products. Not to mention, my shipping was never refunded either. Definitely a scam. Do not use Meg Short!!!!!

Advice to Management

Ship things on time, provide customers with refunds rather than only allowing the consultants to refund and monitor consultant more closely. No sex you you offer is worth $100 + shipping + forgotten orders + 3 months wait that = bad service! Get it together! Either your consults are good at sales or they aren't!

"It's not the 40-45% starting commission they claim"

Current Employee - Advanced Consultant

I have been working at Pure Romance part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You decide how much you want to work. The CEO & other leaders are very inspiring.

Cons

Getting parties & your name out there. Too many consultants available. Shipping is OUTRAGEOUS which eats up a good percentage of your earnings. They used to offer occasional $19 shipping days, which is still high if you only really need a few things, but now they don't even offer those! On do I recommend to a friend to join? Yes/No, because you can make really good money WHEN you get parties, but getting them is not easy! And do NOT count on your friends to host them for you, because most will leave you hanging & never come through. Be careful adding new toys to your demo, because often they are "limited" and not going to be around long. Shipping cost will quickly put a dent in that 40-45% commission your suppose to be making, and you pay tax on the retail & shipping! I understand why you pay it on the retail amount to some degree, but not on shipping.

Advice to Management

Do something about the outrageous shipping charges! I'm on the verge of quitting because it eats up too much of my profits, there's no need in charging us these high fees. Yes, we can charge our customers $7. shipping on every order but when your trying to build a business it's hard to tell someone they have to pay $7 shipping to get their $20 shaving cream.

7. "Just starting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Logan, UT
    Current Employee - Consultant in Logan, UT

Pros

I literally just started, just scheduled my "pop the box" party. I'mean so excited! I never thought about reading reviews before starting this business, but I'very already invested so I'may moving forward with positive vibes!

Cons

I do agree, it does cost to invest but I believe it's going to be worth it.! Besides, you have to spend money to make money!!

Advice to Management

Again, I agree, the cost is a little steep. Definitely need to lower prices and shipping costs. Those shipping costs are insane, it's almost like punishment!!

"Full of lies"

Former Employee - Advanced Consultant in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Advanced Consultant in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Pure Romance part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Made back my starter kit money at my first party, made decent money overall, parties are usually fun

Cons

You need to spend a lot on clothing, supplies, ect, they also hook you on the fact that it's a sisterhood of girls who will support you...I had major tragic events this year and had to take a break from my business. Literally every consultant stopped talking to me! They acted like I didn't exist because I was no longer a consultant. I was planning on returning originally but am definitely not going to now.

"Advanced Consultant"

Pros

You are your own boss.

Cons

Commission Only. You have to work hard to achieve clients.

"CEO"

I have been working at Pure Romance full-time

Pros

Huge Amount of free time for the kids

Cons

Salary is not what I would like

Advice to Management

Pay more