KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pure Romance

Is this your company?

Pure Romance

Add a Review

Pure Romance Employee Reviews about "product"

Updated Jul 22, 2022

Found 10 of over 248 reviews

4.1
Pure Romance CEO & President  Chris Cicchinelli (no image)
Chris Cicchinelli

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing training and comp plan(in 18 reviews)
  • "And get paid good money to love what you do.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Very flexible hours and very consultant oriented company.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Benefits were amazing(in 7 reviews)
  • "We offrer lots and lots of training and support for EVERY aspect of your business including online, training classes, advanced training, product demos and one on one coaching!(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "product"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

The Ultimate MLM scam

Dec 19, 2017 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Access to toys/products; sales training structure. This works if you're good at multi-level marketing and recruiting women who will help meet sales goals. I joined PR after Passion Parties was bought out by them. I was a top-earner and was always being recognized for my ground-breaking approach. After the buy-out all the male and male-identifying consultants were terminated and there was a strong culture of discrimination against anyone not identifying as a woman.

Cons

Because the focus is on sales performance, sexual health education is not existent here. I've seen consultants instruct women to put sugary substances in their vaginas. (hello yeast infection!) Women are not trained on providing sexual health education, just pushing products that are over priced with low-quality (the cheap toys made of thermoplastic rubber stop functioning after a few months-- anything high quality starts at $99+=400% markup). On top of the fact that you could EASILY form relationships with these SAME distributors yourself for FREE (PR just re-brands products already on the market) and set your own price points, the PR shipping costs are outrageous, product prices vs. value is lopsided, AND THEN they make you pay for conferences to teach YOU how to make THEM more money.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Shipping is horrible

Dec 18, 2017 - Advanced Consultant in Reading, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Parties are fun and relating to other women and making money is great!

Cons

The shipping is insane I understand that most of the products are liquid but something has got to give. Then if an item is backordered you have to pay 6$ extra to expedite it. That is not fair because you already paid to have it shipped when you placed the order. For 2018 the buying discount has been lowered. The average party is not $500. Your lucky if you make $300. I work my business and book parties maybe about 6 to 8 parties a month. So I do work hared at it and still have not seen a huge return on the investment I made with Pure Romance. They have their hands in my pocket with shipping charges and backordered items. Not much of a profit left afterwards. Then when you get a free product order they charge you retail price for only selected items. That's not fair either. I should be getting my discount. These are my only issues with PR. I enjoy to team and women I have met.

10 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An MLM in Sheep's Clothing

Feb 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's a decent discount on products for consultants and the products are good. They also have periodic sales for the consultants as far down as 50% so to buy some fun stuff for yourself at a good discount is the best perk of signing up.

Cons

In consultant heavy areas you just can't sell unless you have an established base. The products are Ok but no one wants to host in-home parties anymore and you have to purchase a minimum of product regularly to keep your consultant status. When you go to the events the huge focus is getting a downline of consultants under you. It is DRILLED IN to get more people under you to make more money and rise higher in the company. Many of the consultants will tell you it can be done part time for some extra monthly income and you don't have to recruit. This does not work at all. The investment far outweighs what you could earn back on this as a part time gig if you only sell product and it's very difficult to break out into an untapped market if your region is loaded with consultants. If everyone is a consultant who do you sell to? Well they are not concerned about you selling the product they really want you to recruit. Oh, and if it doesn't work out for you because you're not willing to ostracize your friends, family, co-workers and their friends, family and co-workers then it's YOUR fault the business model is a scam and you are essentially branded 'lazy.' The CEO is very specific about this. If you are not successful, there's nothing wrong with the way they recruit too many consultants for one area or keep people ordering inventory even though they can't get a party booked (because there's TOO MANY consultants). No, it's all on you for not wanting it hard enough, not being perky enough or positive enough. They will do everything they can to make sure you don't think of it as an MLM even though it very clearly is and you'll feel foolish every day after you're done that you ever thought it could be a legitimate way to earn some extra money.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Now building a pyramid scheme...too bad, not for me anymore

Oct 29, 2013 - Sales Consultant in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good quality products and support materials. Fun subject to sell. Very easy to reach support staff and product well-shipped. Loved that company was started by Woman and subject can empower women; good corporate culture. Like 'clean' image of company. Loved being a part of Pure Romance Team until not a viable option anymore for me. If full time employment is your goal and you like to recruit it could be a viable and profitable venture.

Cons

Products are pre-taxed to Consultant before resold to Clients so if products are sold at less than retail, to receive a tax abatement from your State seems formiddable , so more revenues lost to Consultant. Return policy for defective product unfriendly and expensive. Shipping costs can be very high, profit margin slides if recruiting and sales quotas are not met. Found I would actually be operating at a loss if profit margins were cut as quoted in their revised structure (at that time).

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Choose Another Company!

Jan 7, 2016 - Consultant in Middletown, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you can manage to have parties, you'll do great. You get paid 40% of the purchase price instantly.

Cons

Although you make 40% commission, you have to pay $19 for shipping even to go and pick up your order at the warehouse! Say someone wanted a toy that was $99, you pay $59 (plus tax) plus $19 shipping! Your profit from this (large for me) sale would be enough to cover gas to go pick up from Loveland and Deliver to the customer. I got endless complaints over how expensive the products were. Another issue was that I sponsored 2 new consultants in 4 months, and my free product credit never showed. I promoted like crazy, offered insane hostess freebies and discounts and had no takers. At the end of 5 months, I earned my kit price back plus about $75.

7 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Freelancer

AMAZING! Thank you for everything, Pure Romance!!

Feb 5, 2015 - Senior Consultant in Upper Marlboro, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is so much support and spoiling from this company that it is ridiculous! Those who say they don't make money or it's a Pyramid Scheme are the ones who DON'T work for it! I paid almost $400 for my starter kit and let me tell you it was the BEST decision I have ever made! I made double that back with my first party! I have a full-time job and I balance Pure Romance with that. Between the FREE product, overrides, and monthly bonuses I am ALWAYS on top! I have AMAZING clients who love our products and our parties. Corporate office is more helpful than the admin at my government job... they are AMAZING! If you need something done, it will get done! They always put their consultants and clients first. The training is AWESOME, every question you have will be answered on the consultant website or through your upline if you have a great team. Don't have a supportive team, another one will take you in no time flat. It is easy to move up in the company, and make more money... if you work for it! It's not just going to fall into your lap. Chris is AWESOME! Always wants to know what us consultants want/need and HE LISTENS. I honestly think Chris is better with the consultants than Patty.

Cons

Nada,none, zilch, zero! There are no cons in this company.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Love this company !!! Always empower educate and entertain women across the world. Most of all enhance relationships !!!

Oct 22, 2014 - Senior Consultant in Guyton, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pure Romance is a great company you make good money, get to meet new people, get to travel and get to earn free product. The Sisterhood is so powerful it's unbelievable.

Cons

The challenging yourself to book and recruit how much you can do to keep your business growing.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Company

Aug 9, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free Product, Work from Home, Own your Brand, Fun, Great management team

Cons

You generate your own income

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the only home based businesses that is worth your time!

Oct 25, 2012 - Consultant in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to make your own schedule. The cost to stay active from month to month is VERY low. We offrer lots and lots of training and support for EVERY aspect of your business including online, training classes, advanced training, product demos and one on one coaching!

Cons

Higher start up costs than some other at home businesses, but worth it.

10. 2.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Be CAUTIOUS and read the fine print

Sep 30, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work on your own schedule. Motivating. Empowering. I did make some great friends in this business. My sponsor was very motivating when she wasn't too busy with her own life.

Cons

Before you even 'pop the box' you are expected to invest money. A lot of money! Most businesses do require an investment to start earning. However the scheme of this MLM businesses is that you have the flexibility to earn large profits with little effort. Not the case in Pure Romance. Shortly after receiving your kit you learn that women demand instant gratification and they will often turn down a large order if they cannot walk home with products in hand. So as a consultant you are trained to spend 40-60% of your profits from a party on 'investing' in inventory. The company leads you to believe that you will start out earning 40%+ commission from party sales. The reality is that YOU provide a hostess with a free gift valued at $20 and 10% of party sales. Right off the bat you are now earning 30% commission. If your party was a flop, cause lets face it, most aren't what we hope and expect, then you walk away with low sales, having to give your hostess free product, and then you're expected to turn 40-60% of your profit into inventory. This leads me to further discuss the ever changing inventory. The catalog is constantly changing to keep consultants motivated to sell. That in turn leads a consultant with an overhaul of products that haven't sold, aren't shown, or were crap toys that she hates to press on people. Another point, every person is charged $7 shipping. When you do carry large inventory, you can expect almost every single woman to complain about shipping fees when they dont have to get anything shipped to them. So now you have to explain you paid the shipping upfront. Almost guaranteed you will lose a sale over someone being forced to pay shipping. In order to earn a larger commission and bonus you have to recruit new consultants. You are taught at training that not all of these women will make it in the business and to let them go if they aren't doing well. The problem is that YOU look like the bad guy in this business when your team lacks sales. They come to you to solve your problems. The very problems you are likely having. This company expects you to do well by going to National Training ($250+ for the ticket, doesn't include cost of mandatory hotel, flight, etc.) World Conference, monthly trainings, etc. that YOU pay out of pocket for. Now with low sales, party cancellations, team management dwindling, having an actual 'life' can lead the consultant to go inactive if she doesn't have $200 in sales every 2 months or if she takes money from her parties to actually pay a bill or use it for training. Let me reiterate that $200 in sales, isn't just $100 cash in hand. Its nearly $200 by the time you pay shipping and tax. Heaven forbid you're going inactive close to school starting up as thats what happened to me. Single mom of 4 kids having to choose between school clothes and supplies for back to school or paying $200 out of pocket to remain active. I had already paid my $250 ticket for National Training. I was trying to figure out how I was going to pay for everything. Ultimately, My kids came first. I went inactive and I am sure there are hundreds of other women out there who ended up in my position. HERE is where you need to be warned... your incentive guide shows that you cannot sell or host Pure Romance products once you are inactive. Reemphasizing how much this business hammers down on investing in inventory, I had over $10,000 worth of inventory when I went inactive in July. I also had 1 more payment on the Inventory Advantage Program that was due on August 15a mere 10 days after school started. I cancelled the card so that I could not be billed for the products as I did not have the money and since I couldn't legally sell the products PER the incentive guide. I held $10k in worthless inventory. Now I am being sought by a collection agency demanding I pay $200 to prevent Pure Romance from seeking legal action to collect. FYI- Pure Romance has been known to sue former consultants for their non-compete clause in the Incentive Guide I would not be surprised to be sued by them if I was caught selling products. Completely PETTY for a multi million dollar company to send consultants to a collection agency. Heed my warning, there are companies who look like genuine people that will take advantage of single moms, stay at home moms, poor women, etc. to profit their company. Those same women who likely sought out this business in hopes of some financial freedom. FYI Pure Romance- I held a party at my house last night and GAVE AWAY for FREE EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT left over. So now I am at a complete loss of over $10k. So you can take me to court over $200.

39 people found this review helpful