Pure Storage Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pure Storage CEO Scott Dietzen
Scott Dietzen

Pros
Cons
  • Poor leadership is in the minority, but common in companies going through growing pains (in 7 reviews)

• This attitude cuts into a healthy work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. "Love the culture, the people, the management, and the product"

Current Employee - TSE2 in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - TSE2 in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It may be busy, but the work is rewarding and the culture, the people, the management, and the product are all amazing to work with.

Cons

Its busy there is a lot of work, but thats not really a bad thing.

"Love this company but keep your politics to yourself"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun to work at Pure
    Care about their employees
    Over the top Benefits

Cons

Leadership over the top left wing pushing political views to employees. It's not appreciated. It's disappointing. No where to really move up in Leadership unless you live on the West Coast. I would say 80% of the promotions happen with HQ.

Advice to Management

Keep your political views to yourself. Quit promoting ACLU which is an org against my Christian values. Focus on getting profitable. Less on Diversity and all this other BS that's irrelevant to making us more well received on Wall Street. Used to be the biggest Dietz fan until the ACLU email comments and Trump bashing.

3. "Awesome place to work"

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse culture. Open atmosphere. Transparent communications from top to bottom, Intelligent people with lots of Talent. Working at Pure is a Lifestyle. Professional co-workers.

Cons

Parking, parking, parking, parking, parking.

Advice to Management

Don't listen to WallStreet - continue to grow Pure and continue to disrupt the market with our awesome technology!

"GREAT company with some BAD local managers!"

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technology - Check
    Culture - Check
    Compensation - Check
    Disruptor - Check
    Growth Opportunities -Check

Cons

For whatever reason, this company is crawling with ex-EMC types who have brought with them some truly outdated, ineffective, and (in some cases) unethical tactics which are truly unnecessary / unwanted at a company like Pure. Unfortunately, these "turds" survive (and thrive) due to the teams under them who are generally performing well inspire of the poor leadership.

Advice to Management

These "bad actors" are killing your great company reputation, and causing many quality employees to leave the company, or at a minimum not be at the top of their game...listen to your employees as they are not making stories up & WEEED THESE LOSERS OUT before they do irreparable harm to the awesome culture of Pure!

6. "Software Egineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Pure Storage (More than a year)

Pros

Cozy, Nice work environment, friendly eople

Cons

medium company, high expense area

"Inside Sales"

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks (food, snacks, games, events). Really not a lot of work required in general. Competitive pay for the job duties. Surrounded by some really smart people.

Cons

They rave a lot about culture, but the culture isn't that great. The longer you've been there the less likely you will want to be there. Management really caught up in politics and making their managers happy and forget about making the grind a pleasurable one. New management has arrived with little experience, leads to a lot of micro-managing and useless 1:1 meetings.

Advice to Management

We understand your bosses are always on your case, but the team is still a whole unit. Clue us into what is going on. Work with your team and talk with them. Many want to get the hell out of there or move to something more satisfying, so help them achieve that. Go back to positive reenforcement for landing a meeting as opposed to fear mongering tactics to squeeze out more. Make SDR's excited to do well and encourage them to work hard and play hard. Most importantly, liven the place up. I hear crickets chirping all day long.

"Management Concerns"

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

Excellent product(s), good pay, feel good about what you are selling.

Cons

Nepotism, and unequal treatment for certain sales people. Executive management espousing political opinions.

Advice to Management

Take a look in the mirror, then look at the "values" of the company. Keep your personal political views just that--Personal.

"Once Upon A Time, I thought I would never consider leaving. The mighty have fallen."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working here.
    Peers are fantastic
    Benefits include unlimited time off, a very well stocked break room, great health insurance, and unlimited room for growth if you have the drive.

Cons

Recent changes with HR and director level management, have changed the culture of the company drastically, and for the worse. I no longer feel, like I work for the company I started at at ~3 years ago.

The work environment has changed from a collaborative and inclusive model, into a dictatorship. Decisions are now being mandated and being hidden from the employees. This is the exact opposite of how things used to work.

When I started I could talk to anyone in the company, without fear of judgement or retaliation. Today, I do not dare voice my concerns. This stems from fear that the feedback will somehow reach upper management and I will end up in the doghouse for a difference of opinion.

Advice to Management

Deitz, Coz, Anyone ..... who has the power to change or influence this. Please read. There is a serious problem in the support department. Partially related to company growth (we all knew this would be difficult), mostly I correlate this issue to the attitudes and personal agendas of some mid/upper level management. PLEASE HELP!

Personally, I am trying to ride out the storm, and trust that these issues will be corrected. However if culture, opportunities for growth, and benefits continue to decline over this year, I will regrettably be looking for a position elsewhere. Not without thanks to the opportunities the original Puritan culture gave me. Regardless of the final outcome, thank you for these. I can honestly say Pure is the best company I have worked for. At least while true Puritan culture lasted.

"Amazing Teammates"

I have been working at Pure Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Pure for about 2.5 years and have been lucky to work with some of the best and brightest engineers that I've ever met. Of course there are the obvious perks like free food, fun parties, etc. but you can find that at most tech companies around here. What makes Pure stand out to me are the awesome and supportive coworkers that I have. I think it says something positive about your job when you wake up most mornings feeling excited about heading into work.

Cons

Too much candy and not enough healthy snack options.

11. "Alliances"

Current Employee - Alliances in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Alliances in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Pure Storage product is great. They care so much about cust sat and with a NPS Score in the 80's shows that they deliver.

Cons

It is getting pretty hierarchical of late. I understand there is some need for silos but for such a small org there very little sharing and collaboration.

Advice to Management

Have more mid level meetings. Have VP's come into each staff mtg and give a edited version of the overview they give their mgmt.