Cover image for Pure Storage

Pure Storage

Is this your company?

Pure Storage

Add a Review

Pure Storage Employee Reviews about "great culture"

Updated Oct 15, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

572.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Pure Storage~364364
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Pure Storage? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Pure Storage employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "France management is really bad, micro management 'where are you' is the main question.(in 19 reviews)
  • "However, another manager from their HW division regularly spends time, including overnight time, with his direct report on a ski resort and is able to get away with it.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless and ineffectual.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Long Hours and the need to commute longer distances to make it to the office.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Too much favoritism(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pure Storage and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Good Place

Jan 29, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and industry to be in

Cons

Hard to say there are any

2. 5.0

Best time of my career

Dec 21, 2014 - Systems Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love this company. Seeing the company grow and being part of that growth has been amazing. The first thing that struck me when I joined was that for a startup, the on-boarding was well thought out. I was up to speed very quickly. The company culture is very strong: We are building a better storage company and everyone has that same goal so collaboration is pervasive. I have yet to come across internal conflict or much internal politics which is so destructive in other companies. I love the fact that absolutely everyone (engineering, support, presales, sales, execs) is very capable and strives for excellence at what they do. Be warned that those that aren't are quickly found out and do not last long. Rewards are very good and as the company grows, I can see there being many opportunities.

Cons

The only one perhaps is that you have to roll up your sleeves and do things that aren't your role. But that's what's needed at a startup/emerging company. If hard work and a fast-pace do not bring out the best in you then this is not for you.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. Join the Pure Storage team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Fun, Rewarding, and Fast-paced

Mar 19, 2014 - Systems Engineer (Sales) in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture are the absolute best that I've been exposed to in my career. The technology delivers an obvious value, and is supported by an organization unlike any I've ever worked for. My first exposure to the company was spending some time with the CEO and he actually offered up some career advice and suggestions for other organizations if I decided that Pure wasn't for me. This is the single most dedicated and honest leadership team in the business today period. To say that they care about their employees is a huge understatement. Companies live and die by leadership alone, regardless of their products, and Pure Storage obviously has the best of both.

Cons

The fast paced business of a small post start-up company is not for everyone. There are some procedural tasks that are in development, so relying on your own creativity to accomplish tasks is sometimes a requirement. Things also change very rapidly, and you could have 10 new neighbors next week. If you do not like meeting new people on a regular basis, this is probably not the place for you. If you are inspired by working very hard and reaping the rewards, you are a perfect fit.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great Culture, Hidden Gem

Jan 20, 2023 - Technical Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture Great Pay Working on a product that customers absolutely love

Cons

Leadership is not the best at strategy and pursuing aggressive goals.

6. 5.0

Great Place to work

Jan 30, 2020 - Systems Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture and value their employees

Cons

I would usually have something to complain about but I am struggling to find anything.

1 person found this review helpful

Pure Storage Response

Hello to a fellow Pure teammate! We’re so pleased to hear you feel valued at Pure because you ARE. Looking forward to winning together in FY21! As always, feel free to share your feedback and/or ask questions here: feedback@purestorage.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best career choice I have ever made

Mar 31, 2017 - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing culture working committed to staying authentic to who and what they are even hyper growth building $1b in business! - Leadership team that is transparent, lacks ego and accessible. - Smartest coworkers I have ever worked with. They make me raise my game every day. - Fantastic product that customers and partners truly love (they sell it for us). - Building a culture of diversity and inclusion

Cons

- Like all of tech, not enough diversity - You must work at keeping your work life balance (but a work from home culture gives you ability) - Standard growing pains as the companies blows through sales milestones

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great!

Jan 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and company events are great

Cons

Growing pains and market challenges

Pure Storage Response

Thank you for being a part of Pure’s success through our high growth years. We’re thrilled to hear about your positive experience and we wish you the very best in your next endeavors.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great emerging company to work

Mar 30, 2016 -  in Miami Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great and positive culture Awesome technology Great challenges and rewards

Cons

infrastructure still in developing mode

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Management is a joke

Mar 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good if you're a junior person who doesn't know better about what a good corporate culture looks like. Or if you're from NetApp or EMC, in which case this is a step up from your prior dinosaur companies.

Cons

Take a look at the "Executive Leadership" page of Pure Storage. What's the pattern here? In a place where the majority of individual contributors are Asian or Indian, the entire 4x5 grid of 'leadership' is a series of white men with a token woman. Is diversity a problem here? By all means- it's a joke. Also, nothing exciting happening, but lots of kool-aid being slung around about culture, with excited high-fiving and salesmanship. Don't believe the hype about advanced management capabilities. It's just a pretty UI. If you're a talented engineer why not work on public cloud at AWS, Microsoft or Google? Or Dropbox or Box?

21 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

My favorite company so far!

Mar 12, 2019 - Director in Mountain View, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is really collaborative and fun. Fast growth brings fast pace. Strong leadership who knows what they're doing. Good benefits like free lunches and competitive ESPP.

Cons

My commute could be shorter

Viewing 1 - 10 of 193 Reviews