PureSense Environmental Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
David Termondt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great team with a great mission"

I worked at PureSense Environmental full-time

Pros

Puresense was a great team with a great mission. We made a huge environmental and bottom-line impact for our customers. The leadership worked hard to bring people together in a positive, respectful, collaborative culture.

Cons

Farmers took longer than expected to adopt the technology, so we were always struggling to meet investor expectations. The sales and support team members on the front line weren't always happy with the direction of the product roadmap, so there was a fair amount of internal dissatisfaction until the folks who were unhappy eventually moved on.

Advice to Management

Management should have grown the team at a slower pace to meet the reality of the market and the availability of additional funding. It may also have been better to stay focused on a more narrow geography and product feature set.

2. "Tremendous turn around before the acquisition!"

Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Lodi, CA
    Former Employee - Independent Contractor in Lodi, CA

I worked at PureSense Environmental (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Sr. Management, excellent leadership down to the manager level and an incredible devoted and talented team

Cons

Prior management had really over invested and was incompetent. Hurt the brand badly

Advice to Management

It's a fantastic product with a huge value to the customers. Stay the course and this is a winner!

3. "Such Potential... so disappointing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

I worked at PureSense Environmental full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people! I loved the people at PureSense. We were a great team and we loved our customers. Salary and benefits were not too bad!

Cons

Management was ridiculous. They over spent constantly and would not listen to any of the employees. The board members were just as bad. I guess that's why they are not in business any longer!

Advice to Management

Learn to manage... not micro manage!

4. "Great product, solid people trying to fix sins of management's past"

Pros

Leading technology in the space of moisture and irrigation monitoring for agricultural use. Strong and loyal customer base. Engaged management team.

Cons

Too many mistakes made in years past with previous senior executives treating resources and people poorly while neglecting long-term vision and planning.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "Great technology, great people, bad management history"

Pros

Fantastic people in the trenches - both in the field and building the technology. Leadership got much better, but it's difficult to overcome many years of bad management.

Cons

Like at any small company, you manage your own career growth through what you learn and the skills you pick up on the job. You have to roll your sleeves up and decide to tackle some tough problems.

Advice to Management

Sell.

6. "No Growth"

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees on the ground are as good as they get.

Cons

Management is horrific as it has been since the beginning.

Advice to Management

Less talk and more action

7. "Great Company"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Watsonville, CA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Watsonville, CA

I worked at PureSense Environmental full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a great product

Cons

Farmers need to be better educated

Advice to Management

Add more devoted sales staff

8. "Fantastic environment with really talented folks."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time

Pros

The product/service line is a really interesting place to be - an intersection of agriculture, sustainability, and cutting-edge technology. Since the management change last year, the environment at the company is 1000% better.

Cons

Doing well enough, but still catching up a bit on the cross-team communication.

Advice to Management

Invest in some cheap, simple, company-wide communication infrastructure. And get us out of that lease in Oakland!!!

9. "Awesome company with talented, fun and dedicated people"

I have been working at PureSense Environmental part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is easy to stay motivated working at PureSense because of the incredible sense of camaraderie and having an opportunity to learn something new and interesting every day. Contributing in a meaningful way to the ag industry (by helping to better manage inputs on the farm), while having fun - it is hard to beat. It is refreshing to have a tremendous flexibility in how the work gets done (no micro-management). The management team is not only open to flexible work schedule arrangements on paper, but also in practice. After the significant management changes in 2012, I feel I am working at a place, where people are treated fairly and with respect and where people are focused on getting things done.

Cons

No serious cons at the moment.

Advice to Management

A lot of legacy issues to work out ... the management team is on track in resolving those issues by adopting a detail oriented and systematic approach.

10. "Growing confidence"

I have been working at PureSense Environmental full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company - Innovative, environment friendly, great benefits, & flexible working hours. The employees - Professional, friendly and hardworking. The leadership - Awesome!

Cons

If we learn, adapt and grow from our failures, why call them a failure? The leaders have changed, the vision has changed and I believe that It is all for the better.

Advice to Management

I think that small daily improvements over time create stunning results. And, I think that you are doing that, so stay the path.