Purple Land Management Petroleum Landman Reviews | Glassdoor

Purple Land Management Petroleum Landman Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2019

3.2
Purple Land Management Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Bryan Cortney (no image)
Bryan Cortney
  1. "Great place to work."

Current Contractor - Independent Petroleum Landman in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Purple Land Management for more than a year

Pros

Consistent in paying regularly and on time. Good at communication. Respectful to all employees and contractors. Always trying to improve the company as a whole.

Cons

I can't think of one.

Purple Land Management2018-12-05

"not the place for anyone serious about a career"

Former Employee - Petroleum Landman in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Purple Land Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it's just a paycheck not much more

Cons

if you have any sort of higher level degree and/or a law license, this is not the place for you. my interview right out of law school was promising with promises of quarterly reviews and the ability to, based on having my law degree, transition from contract employee to full time employee after 3 months - that happened 2 & 1/2 years and 4 different managers later. the office is basically a giant daycare center full of noisy children pretending to work. my particular office was full of people right out of undergrad with the following degrees: Fashion Merchandising, Restaurant Management, Journalism, etc. trying to work at the same level as the handful of us with advanced degrees in either law or specializing in oil & gas. the undergrads would be hired in by the droves at the beginning of the season and slowly their numbers would dwindle until it was a few serious employees doing the work of a whole office. management would always say that they were taking my concerns seriously, but that was difficult to swallow when there would be a new manager each quarter with the previous manager before having been fired and there being no follow through from one to the other. i was constantly told my work product and accuracy were exceptional, but that seemed to fall on deaf ears when i asked about the possibility of a raise or more responsibility within the organization.

Continue reading
    Purple Land Management2019-06-22

"Landman"

Current Employee - Petroleum Landman in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Purple Land Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Purple is a great place to get your foot in the door. Bigger company with a lot of different projects going on. Meaning there is plenty of opportunity to work different projects through out different plays. If you are looking to gain experience and get started this is the place to be.

Cons

None that I can think of

Purple Land Management2018-06-28

"You know what you’re there to do"

Former Contractor - Petroleum Landman in Houston, TX

I worked at Purple Land Management for more than a year

Pros

If you know how to review title, read documents, etc, working at Purple is a simple experience. If you’re ambitious it won’t go unnoticed. If you just want to do the same old thing, they’ll let you keep doing it as long as you don’t mess up.

Cons

You really have to fight to be noticed. Contractor pay is definitely below the industry, even when in a downturn, but the work is steady.

Purple Land Management2018-03-27

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 4 reviews