PurpleTalk Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Bharath Lingam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No appreciation for your hard work and dedication (in 3 reviews)

• The entire top management is completely powerless and everything happens at the whims of the CEO, which is never backed by data or logic (in 3 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

Pros

great team to work with.

Cons

earlier there was no individual recognition

Advice to Management

Team work always works!

2. "Great learning experience"

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing leadership, great people, chance to explore creativity, best compensations and fun experience

Cons

Top management at times may expect too much from employees....but i guess that is valid

Advice to Management

Top management should be more employee centric

3. "good company to work"

Former Employee - BDA in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - BDA in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

nice growth opportunity to start your career

Cons

no such thing in this organisation

Advice to Management

noting everyyhing is good

4. "Good"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at PurpleTalk (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Learning,Friendly co-workers,flexible timings,poor producers.

Cons

no wok life balance,No appreciation

Advice to Management

please talk to employees

5. "Some of the best leaders you can work for"

Current Employee - Digital Advisor in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Digital Advisor in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is really a world class startup with an audacious vision. Great senior leaders. There is a great potential for growth as organization is growing. Founding team needs to be congratulated for their achievement. It is not easy to build a 500 people strong organization ground up in seven years. They practice what they preach. When the company says it can help you digitally transform- it is out of its own experience of building 3-4 highly successful digital products. It is like apple teaching you how to build ipod not someone who has heard or read about it.

Cons

Canteen food can be better

Advice to Management

- More financial discipline in resources a
    - Faster execution and Result orientation at level 2 -3 ..

"My Journey at PurpleTalk"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I started my journey with PurpleTalk 8 years ago as an Engineer. Working at PurpleTalk has been extremely rewarding so far. When I joined PurpleTalk, I was taken away with the flatness of the system and how entire leadership was quite accessible to everyone at the company. Prior to PurpleTalk, I worked with a top product company. During my two year stint, I hardly got a chance for a personal interaction with anyone beyond my Project Manager and I believe this is true across the industry. Where an opportunity to make a real impact at the organization level or being heard comes late in the career.

Despite being a services company, leadership at PurpleTalk has built a strong ownership driven product culture. It’s a new age digital innovation hub where the entire team is very receptive to feedback. This reflects in our internal as well as all client interactions. As a company, we are driven by our passion for excellence and to achieve this we listen to what our customers and employees have to say. At PurpleTalk, we don’t just accept client’s projects and deliver them. We collaborate, brain storm, provide inputs, listen to feedbacks and implement.

PurpleTalk invests heavily in ideas and newer technologies and provides its employees with an equal opportunity to test their true potential. This is a major differentiator from any peer in the market. At PurpleTalk, if an associate comes with a product idea, the company welcomes it and evaluates if the idea is scalable. If found suitable, the company even help employees in their entrepreneurship journeys. In my case, I presented an idea at one of the internal lean startup business plan contest . I was asked by none other than CEO if I'm interested in pursuing it further. This followed with a dedicated team and a lot of support from the leadership team. One of the founders is personally involved to a great extent, he provides a lot of support and mentoring in terms of shaping up strategy, product, sales, marketing etc. Although there is a lot of support from PurpleTalk leadership, it is not at the cost of autonomy. PurpleTalk has various such initiatives in place in form of Hackathons, Digital Ninja workshops, Lean principle workshops etc.

I have been actively pursuing Nukkad Shops for about 1.5 years now and we pivoted a few times during our journey before we found the right market fit.
    During all the pivots, leadership at PurpleTalk helped us stay motivated and focused. As a company, we have a never say die attitude, which kept us working and innovating. Our eye to detail, design thinking and adherence to lean principles helped us with a smooth transition during these pivots. We kept going, won various awards for the best product and design during this wonderful journey. This could only happen because, we were receptive to feedback from customers, sales and supports teams. We kept our eyes and ears open for feedback. Today, Nukkad Shops is growing at a rate of 40% Month on month basis, has good revenue and moving towards a break even over next few months.

As a person, I believe I'm quite an improved version of myself than what I was 8 years ago (Yes, it’s been eight years with PurpleTalk and the bond is getting stronger each day). The company has given enough learning opportunities, a solid platform for self-growth and I can’t ask for more. This is not just my journey, I see a lot of other similar success stories around me. This is the kind of culture PurpleTalk has built. I'm proud that i’m part of it and carrying it forward at Nukkad Shops.

Cons

I feel there are still few things we can always do better. We can all improve our communication a bit more, we can all estimate things a bit better, plan a bit better. But this is all part of being part of a very energetic, young and fast paced journey, that is PurpleTalk. We all are hungry for growth and I'm sure, we will do a lot better in coming days.

Advice to Management

The company has been doing a lot of path breaking work. It’s a hub for innovation, self learning and growth, however, company needs to do a lot better job publicising it.

7. "Excellent company doing pathbreaking work"

Current Employee - Developer in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Developer in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong leadership in technology and ideas , opportunity to work on path breaking opportunities as well as create them

Cons

Nothing major at the moment

Advice to Management

Need to spend more time with employees and not just customers

8. "Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing exposure to new and emerging technology
    Good technical leads (except 1 or 2)
    Treat employees well + good compensation
    Allow you to explore new tech

Cons

Parking needs to be addressed first. Why should someone have a reserved parking when it's an open office.

Advice to Management

Hikes needs to be given on time can't postpone it by 3 months. Be more diligent about it. People have commitments. Take time out of your busy foreign trips.

"From Good to Bad to Horrible - Under the CEO's "able" Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the company works on some amazing projects which makes for a great learning ground for tech workforce

Cons

The CEO is single handedly ruining the company. The entire top management is completely powerless and everything happens at the whims of the CEO, which is never backed by data or logic. He has a huge ego and he thinks he understands everything under the Sun, though I have never seen him delivering any productive output / decision on anything.

The CEO has very effectively and politically fired / moved /incapacitated most of the senior old timers in the company. He wants only "Yes Mans" to be around him.

They talk about "open culture" - but you say something openly that is not in line with the CEO's expectation, he will take it personally and ensure you are screwed step by step.

There is necessarily no real management, no data / logic based decision - absolutely zero respect for employees and their skills and experience - there is just one thing that matters - whatever the CEO "THINKS" is right.

Lying through their nose - yes, again under the CEO's leadership and direction, the sales and marketing team are lying all the time. I understand all the sales & marketing team exaggerates a bit but this guys LIE. They use all big brand names and if they have done the smallest piece of work for that brand, they go out and say as if they have built the entire company. This is done everyday for every big brand and it is the CEO that does the narrative. They sometimes even showcase concepts they thought about and claim them to be projects they have delivered.

Advice to Management

hah! no use, the CEO never listens and the other in management can't do anything without the CEO's permission

10. "Good place for learning and training but not good for employment"

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time

Pros

Good training in latest technologies

Cons

Lack of integrity, salary delays, frequent and sudden firing without notice.
    Very tough and unreasonable legal terms of employment.
    Harassment and bullying by management