PurpleTalk Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

PurpleTalk Software Engineer Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2019

3.3
PurpleTalk CEO Bharath Lingam (no image)
Bharath Lingam

"Fun place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot of energy on floor which will make you learn and work with ease. Loud and lively place overall. I made lot of good friends here. Good thing abt this org is there are no cheap politics on region or caste.

Cons

Needs a little improvement on processes.

Advice to Management

Be strict on implementing processes

PurpleTalk2019-08-14

"Appreciate the culture and learning"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible working hrs. Easy to approach management. Fun-filled young crowd. Great learning on Technology all new technologies. Easy to move to other technologies internally. Best place to be for Engineers.

Cons

There is work pressure some times but managers make sure we get the support needed. Overall i don't have much to complain.

Advice to Management

More external trainings should be arranged.

PurpleTalk2019-07-23
  3. "Bad management"

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only flexible timing and no dress code.

Cons

Employees having 1+ experienced being sent to client location permanently because they don't have any projects. They inform day before sending to client. Open desk culture. Very noisy environment. Very bad management, they can change their plans suddenly, every time you will be shocked.

Advice to Management

Please don't play with employee's career. Do proper management of project assignment.

PurpleTalk2019-08-06

"Good Work, Bad Culture, Dismissive Management"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at PurpleTalk full-time for less than a year

Pros

Why my review counts: I worked with this company for 2 and half years and enjoyed it thoroughly. tl;dr You can join the company if you are someone who just loves to execute what you're given to do. If you're someone who's more open-minded, would like to exhibit your ideas and thoughts, show leadership from even a small position like a developer or senior developer, you need to get more information and reconsider before a final decision. And this suggestion is not inclined to a bad outlook of the company, it's just a suggestion. Now first of all, before starting pros, cons or even advice just want to note something for those people looking for genuine reviews who have an offer in hand and just looking out to find an overview of the company to make the final decision, I can assure you, you can go for the company. Second of all, many of the reviews here are biased and so does mine because of personal experience. The too good reviews seem really too good to be true. The really bad ones are people who wrote reviews when they lost their professionalism and just remember what happened to them in the last week or last month of work. C'mon you need to write about the whole experience not just the last week/months experience. [But yeah personally I witnessed many upfront bad practices and unprofessional behavior so some of the really bad ones are true. Only some.] Pros: - You'll get really good work and get a good grind if you love to work or a workaholic. - Good brand names as clients, GE, Honeywell, Phillips and many more Fortune 500 brands. - A lot of scope to grow if you're a beginner. - Good teams, friendly people and more of a feel-good company in day to day work culture. - Good work-life balance in my case. Seen lot of people having hectic timings too. So neutral on this because it depends which team you get into. I really had a great experience in terms of work. Really a great time.

Cons

- Continuing from the pros, yeah right, those big brand names won't really matter much because you'll be developing applications, websites, backend whatever for them. If you're talented or hard worker it's your work what matters on the resume, not the names unless you're working in Google, Amazon etc. - Had a very bad experience with a senior mobile lead architect verbally, when I tried to discuss something just to know if the management is open to entertaining whatever my concern was. What he answered was real, real, real bad leadership. My first reason for leaving the company. I informed that to the HR team on my last month of notice, but I believe there'll be not much action. - Salary appraisals always get delayed, max I experienced is 4 months. It actually feels like more of a strategy as it happens repeatedly every year. This actually delayed my personal plans so badly as I was caught off guard without a backup plan for my personal finance. Just a question to the top level team here, what would you say if I tell I would deliver the client's project/work after 4 months of deadline intentionally. [Just a logical question, not ranting]. My second reason for leaving the company. - Lastly, this is after leaving the company, I followed up with the HR team and finance team for my last salary and final settlement many times. To answer accurately up to 7 emails over 3 months, there was not even a single reply to my emails. This is what I meant by bad culture, how pathetic you guys are at your job when it comes to employees and not a client.

Advice to Management

I'm not a guy who wants to or should advise because the management team obviously has more experience, more data and knowledge about the company of whats going on inside and the outlook for the company. Despite all this, if something is not changing then it's a choice. So I'm not someone to advise to keep the boat in the right direction.

PurpleTalk2018-02-01
  5. "Good"

Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at PurpleTalk for less than a year

Pros

Good Learning,Friendly co-workers,flexible timings,poor producers.

Cons

no wok life balance,No appreciation

Advice to Management

please talk to employees

PurpleTalk2018-01-11
  6. "Best place to work"

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Transparent, challenging and very friendly work environment. Monthly recognition awards to the best employees. Personalised support to employees or family members on medical emergencies.

Cons

Cannot really list down anything here.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the vision and innovations that we bring in. Keep going and we wish to see the organisation continuing growth pace.

PurpleTalk2017-06-05
  7. "Good Company"

Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at PurpleTalk for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment. Increment policies are good. Its tough to find a company like PurpleTalk where you can get all the things under one roof.

Cons

I could not find any cons as of now.

PurpleTalk2017-05-17
  8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good work culture Good hikes No politics and transparency

Cons

No team outings no really well work-life balance

Advice to Management

You guys are doing great. Keep up the good work

PurpleTalk2017-05-06
  9. "Great place to Learn new technologies"

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Scope to learn new technologies Friendly colleagues Flexible timings Long weekends

Cons

Work environment No Cab facilities No extra pay for extra work Non technical project managers Tight estimations

Advice to Management

Please give extra pay for extra work so that everyone will be ready to work extra.

PurpleTalk2017-03-05
  10. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at PurpleTalk full-time for less than a year

Pros

it has a extremely friendly workspace and has great leniency in office timings

Cons

We get shifted between projects frequently.

Advice to Management

please try to appreciate ,motivate and inspire young talents who are working more than 3+ years..need to make feel an employee worth it and important to the company.

PurpleTalk2017-02-20