Purplegator Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 10, 2018

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Challenge yourself and achieve greatness"

I worked at Purplegator full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you read a review of management that is negative, I suspect that reviewer did not have full buy-in to the company. Purplegator is a fast-evolving workplace as is any in the marketing business. I guarantee you will feel empowered to excel, innovate and have your ideas heard.

Cons

If you choose not to work hard, perhaps no one will push you. If you bring the wrong attitude, you might be called out on it. Not a job to "phone in."

2. "This Opportunity Launched My Career"

Former Intern - Digital Marketing Manager in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Intern - Digital Marketing Manager in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Purplegator as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Weekly meetings with my boss
    Learned new skills (SEO, Social media, CRM programs, etc.)
    I still keep in touch with former colleagues at the company.

Cons

No cons to list here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the internship program. It was really helpful for me as a communications professional.

3. "Do not work here!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Purplegator as a contractor

Pros

I can't think of one

Cons

Management is wishy washy and indecisive. The president himself is insecure and a tyrant and thinks he knows everything. Complete Napoleon complex. Salary is bad, benefits don't exist. Their constantly changing their name - red flag! Also they can't keep people employed there, revolving door.

Advice to Management

Get out of your employees way and let them do there jobs!

Purplegator Response

Jun 25, 2018 – President

Thank you for your feedback. At an agency, it is very important to have proper English and grammar so that may be part of the reason this job wasn't a good mutual fit. We are sorry that we did not... More

4. "Gets Results for Its Customers - Great People"

Former Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Purplegator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly does care about its employees. It's a small company so your efforts can really have a direct impact. Management has been in place since 1989 and has evolved with the times. They don't micro-manage you and aren't sticklers for time in the office. You'll consider your co-workers as your friends.I would have like to stay, but I got an offer that I couldn't refuse financially.

Cons

Benefits aren't as good as larger companies. If you aspire to management, it will probably only come if somebody moves on.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your employees first and the business will continue to grow.

5. "Results are rewarded! Flexible Mgmt and Casual Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Creative Director in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Creative Director in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Purplegator full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With the amount of recent growth, there is a lot of challenging work to be done in order to keep up with project and ad campaign demand. Meeting these goals does not go unnoticed by management and associates. Half of our team is work-from-home which is a sign that this company is ahead of the curve - and has been for 28 years. President has promoted a 'family-first' mentality since my first day and even worked out a custom 'paternity-leave' plan when we had our first child last year.

Cons

I've gained a little weight because of the free Starbucks and Snacks in our kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep up the healthy work/life balance. I am able to trust my team to get their jobs done because I am trusted to get the job done the same way. This mgmt style trickles down and produces the best results I've seen in any agency setting.

6. "Interesting & challenging work with a good team"

I have been working at Purplegator full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Talented co-workers, owner and supervisors have good open door policy. They are quick to respond to questions and issues and also very adept at keeping up with changes in a fast moving industry. I have always felt valued as an employee and that my thoughts and ideas are considered.

Cons

Open office concept sometimes makes it hard to concentrate when people are on their phones or having a meeting. (earbuds help)

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication with employees. Let them know they've been heard and that you are considering their suggestions & recommendations. More team building activities.

7. "Awesome!"

I worked at Purplegator full-time

Pros

Fun environment, great people, lots to do. Never the same day twice! I had a great experience working here.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any.

"Easy work, but poor management and organization"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Purplegator as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, simple business, good work/life balance.

Cons

Not organized, policies and procedures barely exist, management is all over the place, sub-CEO employees keep the business running.

Advice to Management

It's not always about the money to further the business. Every "bone" you can go after is not always what will help your company. Stick to your strengths and perfect them, build even more credibility. Trust your employee input, especially on what their job is.