Pursuant Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Trent Ricker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They genuinely value the employees and respect work life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Philanthropic Paid Time Off: I get paid to volunteer for non-profit organizations (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It's definitely not been for everyone and there has been high turnover in the past, although that is much improved (in 4 reviews)

• No cons honestly, just be aware that things move quickly and potentially change quickly here (in 3 reviews)

"Amazing people serving a great mission!"

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

Pros

The team is truly exceptional. The combination of talent, creativity, dedication, care and commitment makes Pursuant strong. I'm thankful for the people I get to work with and for the clients we have the opportunity to serve.

Cons

The environment is fast paced. It's not for everyone.

Jun 6, 2017 – -

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review. We are pleased that you are showcasing our team ... it is such a joy that we like hanging out together (at work and outside of work) and... More

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Pursuant full-time

Pros

Really good people who work hard for clients

Cons

Not sure management understood what needed to be done to fully and successfully serve our clients.

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, don't take on clients for the sake of driving revenue, and act like a for-profit company. If employees want to work for a non-profit they will do just that.

Jul 19, 2017 – -

Thank you for taking time to complete a review and for your advice. We appreciate you sharing what a good place to work Pursuant is and for your advice. We wish you the best!

"Get On The Bus"

I have been working at Pursuant full-time

Pros

Culture, People, Work/Life Balance, Opportunity, Innovation, Nimble, Flexible

Cons

— Change (change is a good thing, but constant change can never find traction).
    — Transparency (much better than past at communicating changes, especially personnel changes).

Advice to Management

Be transparent and honest. More likely to follow and trust the vision, believe in the company/client goals.

Jun 6, 2017 – -

We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. Change is something that is part of our culture, especially as we continue to innovate our product offerings to the market. While we don't... More

4. "Development Officer"

I worked at Pursuant full-time

Pros

Support for employees working remotely

Cons

Constant changes in the organization

"Passionate company with a great purpose and impactful mission"

Current Employee - Senior Systems/Network Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems/Network Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pursuant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Innovative bold pioneers of non-profit fundraising
    - Technologically advanced fundraisers
    - Extremely talented, smart, creative and humble people
    - Servant caring leadership
    - Fun positive culture
    - Fast paced and exciting
    - Great work/life balance
    - Open PTO policy

Cons

- High stress
    - Disorganized in areas

I tried to think critically here but I just don't have many cons to add.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working! I liked the Breakthrough thinking training, but please no more awkward team building games that used to occur.

Jan 26, 2017 – -

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time to provide your perspective. We will work on our team-building activities/events :).

"True compassion is not seen by experienced - thank you Pursuant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pursuant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked in a number of non-profit and for-profit companies, but never have I experienced such compassion and support from an employer, the way I have at Pursuant.

In the last few months I have personally experienced several unexpected health issues in my family - and I have watched several of my colleagues go through equally difficult times. Pursuant has always stood behind us with a steadfast commitment to us as people first. Our roles as husbands, wives, daughters, sons and parents were set as the clear priority. Staff and executives rallied around us to address the work. From the biggest of things like a loss of in the family, to the 'things that matter' like a child's school recital.

I am grateful to do what I love, for great organizations and be supported in prioritizing my family.

Cons

I'm not pretending that Pursuant is perfect, like all companies it has it's issues, but nothing comes to mind as a formal 'con'.

Advice to Management

Thank you for respecting the lives of our employees outside of work!

Jan 26, 2017 – -

We really appreciate your thoughtful review. We know we have much to improve upon, but are so glad that you have experienced our 'heart' and were willing to share with the Glassdoor audience.... More

7. "Former Emplooyee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Pursuant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team and culture. A really fun place to work.

Cons

The firm experienced a lot of growing pains!

Feb 1, 2017 – -

Thank you for completing a review on Glassdoor. We are grateful that you shared your experience, especially how remarkable our people are. They are amazing in so many ways! Agency/Consulting work is... More

"Great Company! Smart & Talented People! Awesome Mission!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Imagine, having the opportunity to come to work everyday knowing that the work you do matters. That's what I've had the privilege of doing with Pursuant for a number of years. Whether it is serving a church or ministry with their mission to share a message of hope, or helping a hospital or health services organization to improve the quality of life of their constituents, or an institution of higher education to change the world by equipping students, every one of these opportunities is what I get to be a part of every single day. This mission has been a steady and consistent mission since I joined the company a number of years ago. Beyond the mission there are several other things that make this company a great place.

The People - The people of Pursuant are passionate about helping non-profit organizations. Almost everyone I know here is connected in some way to a mission or cause they care about and spend time outside of work volunteering to help make the world a better place. Several folks on the team serve on Boards for Non-Profits, or as lay leaders in their church.

Balancing Work and Family: I love Pursuant's flexible PTO schedule and opportunities to work from home and balance the demands of work and family life. Every place of employment has times where the work loads are heavy and that is no exception here, but that is balanced with an open PTO policy and opportunities to work from home when needed to take care of those things that life brings our way.

Pay and Benefits: As a person in the company who has managed others, I have always found Pursuant a company that pays employees a fair wage and worked to offer benefits that are attractive. The company works to provide insurance at the best rates that are possible and even uses an outside broker to go and fight for low rates for the company. In addition the company offers a 401K with some matching opportunities. The company offers an open PTO plan where employees can take off based on their personal life demands or preferences. While this is a policy that some could abuse, the people of Pursuant care enough that I don't know of anyone that takes advantage of this generous policy.

Open door leaders: Yes, I know sometimes leaders need to close doors, but I have never felt like I can't sit down and visit with the CEO, COO, CFO or other top leaders at Pursuant. In fact, I have the opportunity to interact with these leaders with some level of frequency and their transparency and openness to listen is very positive and a trait that any employee would appreciate.

Cons

It is hard for me to describe cons for Pursuant because I love this company and i'ts mission so much. I've read some of the other glassdoor reviews and yes, if you don't like a fast paced company that changes FOR THE GOOD OF OUR CLIENTS, then this might not be a place you would be comfortable. If you need a TON of structure, with someone looking over your shoulder to make sure you are getting your job done, then Pursuant might not be a company for you. If you get your feelings hurt easily when someone disagrees with you then Pursuant may not be a company for you. There is NO company that is perfect and Pursuant is no different, but it is a great place to make a difference if you are willing to show up, work hard, and are not afraid of personal accountability.

Advice to Management

I love the regular Stand Up Meetings with the CEO. Keep doing this. We need to hear the success stories of what is happening in our company. Look for opportunities to engage a broad level of folks for these meetings so every area of the company is represented. Continue to share your hearts and your personal passion for what we do. It matters when we hear from you and your personal stories. In a fast paced environment that changes based on the demands and needs of our clients, communication across the company is critical. Look for opportunities to cascade information "Quickly" to employees to make certain that leaderships goals and objectives are clear to everyone. Walk around the office more. We want to see you! Come by our areas where we work daily, check us out to see what's going on, challenge and encourage us in our work.

Sep 30, 2016 – -

Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad you provided your perspective here on Glassdoor. We will discuss how and when to incorporate success stories and continue to find ways to be visible and... More

"On the fence"

Pros

Most of the people are genuine, talented and hard working. People that you don't mind spending 40+ hours a week with.

Cons

More work than the staff can handle and no incentives to put in the additional effort.

Advice to Management

Don't try to fix what isn't broken.

Oct 4, 2016 – -

Thank you for your feedback. We also feel so fortunate to work and live life with an amazing group of people. It’s true; many of us enjoy time together outside of work. Thanks for drawing... More

"VP Marketing"

Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President Marketing in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pursuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am forever indebted to Pursuant. My education into the nonprofit fundraising world began here. Pursuant leadership has taken me under their wing and care and helped me hewn my skills in marketing. In my almost 4 years of being with this company, I have received several promotions. They reward hard work, results, and passion. This is a company that stirs within me enthusiasm to bring my best.

Cons

Because Pursuant has done such an outstanding job in developing my skills, I was sought after by another nonprofit for their ED role. It is a position that I will soon step into. They did too good a job in training and investing in me. ;)

Advice to Management

The heartbeat of this place is the C-level leadership. They're encouragement and intentionality of keeping the successes in front of the various teams is essential. It breathes life into what we do. Even more please!