PwC Reviews in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

5.0
Tim Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "PricewaterhouseCoopers you can bring your life with you!!"

Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Opportunities to travel the world.

Cons

Traveling, work life balance issues.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

2. "Overall great company"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Chicago, IL

Pros

The clients are great. The people you work with are talented.

Cons

The travel. The workload is pretty grueling, too.

Advice to Management

Give more feedback.

3. "PwC is the place to be!"

Former Employee - Consulting in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consulting in Chicago, IL

Pros

During my internship, I learned so much about the advisory practice, as well as about PwC's corporate culture. I was able to contribute to meaningful assignments and see how applicable my accounting degree is in the real-world. I enjoyed applying my critical thinking skills and my accounting background to real-life tasks and projects. In addition to the work opportunities I experienced at PwC, I also had a chance to meet the many people that build PwC's culture through various other networks, such as affinity groups and Toastmasters. Overall, I have been thrilled with my internship, and I could not have asked for a more fulfilling and valuable experience. This experience has been the perfect supplement to enhance my classroom education.

Cons

I really did not hit any downsides during my nine week internship. I was assigned to challenging, meaningful projects, and everyone really made me feel part of the PwC team. Everyone at the office is very ambitious, so they definitely work hard-- but they know how to play hard too. They hosted numerous social activities, where you can see your co-workers outside of the work environment-- events such as bowling, baseball games, wine tasting, etc.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think Senior Management was fantastic! Throughout my internship, I was always encouraged to ask questions, and I felt very comfortable working with different members of the PwC team. I especially appreciated the time all the professionals spent in making me feel welcomed and ensuring that I got the most out of my internship.

4. "N/a."

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great coaching environment and personal development opportunities.

Cons

Work is not spread evenly throughout year.

Advice to Management

N/a.

5. "Great job"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good salary and benefits. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Long hours and lots of travel.

Advice to Management

Give me a break

6. "PwC- Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

Incredible coaching and an emphasis Aon training. Also, the amount of growth an individual can have in a short period of time is incredible. With PwC being one of the Big Four, a lot of terrific opportunities present themselves to the Consulting teams.

Cons

Tremendous amoun of work if you are good. On the Consulting side, you are either in or out based on how well you do early on.

Advice to Management

Keep your employees happy and paid, and take advantage of the slowdown to upgrade on talent. All in all, Senior Management has done a tremendous job in a tough environment.

7. "Excellent Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in Chicago, IL

Pros

PwC is a great place to start or accelerate a career. The opportunities really are endless, but it's up to you to seize them. If you're able to accept change and uncertainty, you'll be successful.

Cons

Travel is insane. Living in aluminum tubes and generic business hotels is a really odd experience. You have to accept it, or you could go nuts.

Advice to Management

Try to manage macro trends a little better. Boom and bust cycles wreak havoc on utilizations, not to mention the RIFFs...

8. "A well rounded education in the tax field"

Current Employee - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great Experience and Work Environment

Cons

Do not really have any

Advice to Management

None

"PwC is a great place to work with reasonable work/life balance."

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Opportunity to grow professionally; great opportunity for career growth; good salary and overall compensation package; fantastic access to knowledge and qualified people.

Cons

Advisory typically requires a significant amount of travel which greatly reduces work/life balance. Traveling Monday through Thursday is very difficult. There are high expectations around client, firm, community and mentoring work. Moving to senior manager and then to partner is virtually impossible without doing all of that, unless you are a rainmaker.

Advice to Management

Give us access to better technology. Many of us work out of the office 99% of the time. Connectivy to firm resources is laughable. Please, for the love of God, migrate to Outlook. Lotus Notes died 10 years ago.

10. "Very good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good leadership and very encouraging leaders. Great training program and unboarding process. They also do a great job with work life balance

Cons

I have no issue with company it as giving me the opportunity of a lifetime. Been a part of a big four is a good thing

Advice to Management

Management should continue to encourage and ask questions. Not just what is going on but detail question that creates conversation

Showing 80 of 16,035 reviews