PwC Reviews in Dallas, TX | Glassdoor

Dallas, TX

3.7
Tim Ryan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people; Training; Clear career progression; Great client list ; Good remuneration; Work life balance (in 591 reviews)

• Learn a lot - lots of on the job training (in 358 reviews)

Cons

1. "PwC - A Diverse Learning Environment"

Former Intern - Advisory Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Advisory Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC as an intern

Pros

-Opportunity to develop your technical skills and learn from working under a host of different management styles.
    -Network with very driven, intelligent, personable staff. Even at the partner level, staff members are always happy to make time to chat about their experience.
    -Challenged on a daily basis to find innovative ways to attack a business problem and the opportunity to make problems easier for others to address.

Cons

-Somewhat lacking in the amount of training given in advance for the role, but I would say dealing with that upfront ambiguity was helpful to getting in the mindset of a real consultant.

Advice to Management

-Make the training resources intended/recommended for interns all in one easy-to-access location and explain to us on the first day how these should be utilized.

2. "Good resume booster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just having the name on your resume will help you land other jobs in the future. Most employees are very nice and enjoyable to work with.

Cons

Long hours for just decent pay. Expect to move around a lot and therefore learn to work with different teams with different leadership styles. Lots of disconnect between managers and associates, therefore you report to Senior Associates who are already overworked and sometimes lack proper leadership strategies.

3. "OK company"

Current Employee - Experienced Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Experienced Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, especially John Zen.
    Lots of parties and events
    Lots of bennifits

Cons

Trapped in one location. Offices around the WORLD yet I'm not able to switch location.
    Never get to travel even though I was told there would be plenty of travel
    PwC doesn't cover parking. You'd think they'd cover such a basic item.
    Lack of structure
    Lack of any time to learn new things even though they claim to offer many learning opportunities

Advice to Management

Cover parking or let employees use the money spent on benefits like loan repayments (that $1200 a year) for parking costs instead.

Stop advertising the opportunity to travel and switch offices if you're just going to trap people in their original office for years with no travel at all.

In short, be honest and upfront from the interview and instead of glorifying benefits, give us the options of which benefits we want.

4. "Super learning and mentoring experience with something new to learn or try at each corner"

Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Coaching, network, and diversity of opportunities. You can write your own path based on the relationships you build with PwC and clients. Any question my client asks, I can say "I know an expert"

Cons

Travel and workload (it's consulting). You have lots of flexibility in work schedule but generally need to be available all the time.

"Ruins good people, promotes the abusive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

None, absolutely nothing is good.

Cons

Management drinks heavily, allows contractors to verbally abuse hardworking employees, pretty much everyone leaves after 6 months, so you must continually work with new people, you are "senior" if you make it a year at this company. If you thrive in toxic work environments and are abusive, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage resources effectively, realize that your contract resources are financially draining you, while negatively impacting your dedicated internal resources.

6. "Data Assurance"

Current Employee - Data Assurance Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Data Assurance Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PwC is very involved in the community and has a lot of volunteer opportunities. You really learn a lot and can be challenged (in a good way).

Cons

There is no work/life balance. You're expected to have access to your phone/email all the time and take your laptop when you go out of town. I have also gotten in trouble for not checking my email at 10 or 11 pm, even when it's not busy season.

"Great Place to Start - Great Place to Leave as well (Especially now)"

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great for your resume and great opportunity to learn in a fast paced environment where everyone around you in smart.
    - Fun place as well with working with all people your age.
    - Benefits are good too compared to other places!

Cons

-Pay is low for all the hours you work and your life will revolve around the job. You can see the path ahead of you (seniors, managers) and you see that their entire life is about their job. If this is for you, then stay for the rest of your life. If not, get the name on your resume and get going.
    - The culture in our office is everything needs to be done right now. Everyone takes job pretty seriously so the word "crisis" is used often, when it actually isn't (crisis = someone dying, not a new TB a week before the return is due).
    - Really shady stuff since Tim Ryan came on. All the stuff with the manager bonus, and pay is really secret all of a sudden. Used to be transparent about everything. Keep saying "Record high revenue" but pay decreases for the "meat" of the firm (managers) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    -No upward feedback from an associate perspective. Snapshots are always from the top, which I think crushes any other view point from the bottom. PwC needs to give the receiver of the snapshot a chance to speak their mind of the engagement, instead of contacting HR if you disagree. Needs to be a two-way communication.
    -No work life balance. Your work is your life here. Flexibility = now you can take your work home and work all the time (great until you get busy all the time then you're just working all the time).

Advice to Management

Two way communication with the snapshot system and better compensation. You don't need to build brand new buildings to attract the talent. Pay your people better. Imagine if you could go into recruiting and say "we pay our people the most money by 8% more (or whatever). That makes a big difference, compared to having a sweet view in the office. I'll be there all day looking at screens, view doesn't matter.

-Transparency with your pay and plans for that in the future.

8. "Review"

Current Employee - Forensic Advisory in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Forensic Advisory in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good and the firm's reputation is good. National options so you can move if you need to.

Cons

Professional development suffers because the organization is too big and the leadership development programs could be improved.

Advice to Management

Provide more opportunities to staff and create consistency across offices.

"Recruiting Manager"

Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people
    Work Remote
    Partners and staff were wonderful to work with

Cons

Difficult to promote when ready

"Not family friendly if you are an Associate/ Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful benefits, training, technology and amenities.

Cons

Culture is very cutthroat. One bad performance review for 6 week engagement gets you fired even if you've been at the firm for years. Diversity and flexibility initiatives are not reaching audit rooms. There is lots of workplace bullying. I have seen how people who are 'different' from the elitist college grad stereotype get pushed out of the firm. It is heartbreaking to watch these prejudices become self fulfilling prophecies. The Pygmalion effect is real in this organization. Culture is very passive aggressive and high school-ish. Displaying any form of negative emotion or stress will damage your career. You have to be friendly and upbeat no matter what.

Advice to Management

Make partners personally accountable for flexibility and diversity. Drive the message that mothers and even older people who have gone back to college deserve and have earned their seat at the table. Implement upward feedback - even if it's just flexibility and diversity measures. Be kind to your people. Everyone deserves a second chance - just like the one you got from the Oscars. It's not fair to just cut employees free or place them on a PIP after one bad performance review. Really drive fairness in all practices.

Showing 139 of 14,701 reviews