PwC Reviews | Glassdoor

PwC Chairman Robert E. Moritz
Robert E. Moritz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IFS"

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company on your resume, smart people, and respect.

Cons

They completely treat HR and IFS horribly. Layoffs, low bonuses, and partners have no problem ripping you. Very political and who you know means more than skill and passion.

Advice to Management

Clean out the cliques in recruiting and HR. If you look around you will see them.

2. "Not what you would think of a company of this size"

Former Employee - ASC in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - ASC in Dallas, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Cell phone, Telecommute opportunities

Cons

The culture he is one of pettiness and pitting other employees against each other. They also try to read your body language as if any of them had a psychology degree ...

Advice to Management

Get better people in charge of some of your departments, upgrade the building (super antiquated)

3. "Spoiled Children"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The firm focuses on developing its brand through sound leadership principles.

Cons

The sound leadership principles that the firm emphasizes are only practiced by a select few of the leaders in the firm. Specifically, empathy lacks among leadership, along with organizational behavior and work ethic. Work is frequently handed off to the next lowest in command until the least qualified person is doing it. Meanwhile, management sits in business class or dozes off in executive airport lounges dreaming about their next big bonus.

Advice to Management

Your clients will one day realize how little value you provide and show you the door. Uncover and eliminate the problem or develop a backup plan.

4. "Used to be a good company to work for"

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

No pros to note about pwc

Cons

Only care about the bottom line; will work you to death and not think twice; discriminates against women, especially ones with families

"Racist Company"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and compensation. No questions on your expenses.

Cons

White people supremacy, Nepotism. If you are brown you will not get promoted and If you raise your concern. You will be fired.

6. "Worst company ever"

Former Intern - Cyber Security in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Cyber Security in New York, NY

I worked at PwC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I really can think of a positive.

Cons

Incompetent people.
    No good cybersecurity projects
    HR Practices are just plain stupid.
    Everything about this company as far as cybersecurity is bad

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people. Hire people that actually know something and don't just rely on aggressiveness and bullshitting to make up for their technical incompetence.

7. "Good"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at PwC as an intern

Pros

Good pay, Nice people Great training

Cons

The work is pretty tedious

"Do not government contract with them"

Former Employee - Government Contractor in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Government Contractor in Washington, DC

I worked at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extra holidays IF you are a not a subcontractor or employed by staffing agency

Cons

They treat their government contractors horribly especially if they are not the Prime. They make them work extra hours so they can charge the prime more money. All they care about is PWC and not their own people. Everything is about making the business look good. The smallest mistake is made into a huge deal. Then there are the subcontractors, who they really treat like crap. They have to deal with all their crazy policies like making up time taken off (what's the point?) and no casual Fridays even if the Feds participate, but get none of their benefits like extra holidays. I will never work for a PwC contract or with a contract that is involved with PwC in any way ever again. It was so disheartening.

Advice to Management

Care about your people! Every tiny mistake is not a blemish on the company brand. Your survived the Academy Awards. Time off is time off, plain and simple. It should not need to be made up. Subcontractors are people too and deserve to be treated as equals.

"Consulting - Worst Company - A bureaucratic cluster and full of subhumans"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company, big company perks - like offices all over, good locations, etc. when it puts on parties for the masses, they go all out

Cons

Over acquired and screwed over a lot of people's careers. Competitive and dog-eat-dog culture, they consult but they violate all the best practices in running a company, bureaucratic nightmare, don't believe them about a career path. You cannot retire there without compromising your health first. They could care less about people. If you are not the right "fit" (meaning you kiss major behind), you are out. Nobody cares, you are a number. Watch out for PwC lifers - they might be the worst. They have sold their souls to the PwC devil. Health insurance is terrible.

Advice to Management

Stop being subhuman and start managing people well, treat people with respect and promote more teamwork and collaboration for the greater good. Old, backward practices in business won't survive. Be real, be human.

10. "narrow minded company"

Current Contractor - IT Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - IT Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC as a contractor

Pros

I don't have anything good about this company because I wasn't given a chance

Cons

narrow minded. A recruiter called me and telling me that I couldn't even get an interview because I don't have a computer degree. Well, I have a master degree in information management and half of my courses are IT related. and also I have 3 to 4 years experience working on the IT work they required for their open position. I think at least getting an interview should be fair

Advice to Management

Real experience is always better than school degree.
    If someone who doesn't have an exact degree but doing the exact work a degree can give. which means the person is talented and has a strong learning skill.
    Please review the hiring manager in your company

Showing 656 of 15,562 reviews