PwC Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
PwC Chairman Robert E. Moritz
Robert E. Moritz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people; Training; Clear career progression; Great client list ; Good remuneration; Work life balance (in 600 reviews)

• Learn a lot - lots of on the job training (in 364 reviews)

Cons

1. "Lots of Bad Hombres @ the Top"

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Client work is generally interesting, blue chip clients, decent training available for staff, lots of team dinners/socials, and SOME Partners are competent and compassionate.

Cons

Health Industry Advisory practice is led by mostly dishonest, greedy, and mean spirited Partners. Many promotions are given with 0% merit increase ('wait till next year'), bonuses have been shrinking past 3 years (even for top performers), newly promoted Managers and Directors get screwed out of their milestone awards (always some lame excuse given), and people are cut for fabricated reasons (even good performers) if it adds a few pennies back to the Partners pockets. Extremely short sighted and dishonesty runs rampant in this area of Advisory.

Advice to Management

Get out of the consulting business - you have no clue how to run it.

2. "Bad experience, Bad managers"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Department's mutual hate for the work they do.

Cons

Hours, back to back 100 work weeks, toxic and hostile work environment. Health insurance is terrible.

Advice to Management

Nobody gets paid enough to be treated that poorly. HR and managers care more about keeping the ship running than addressing chronic issues of mistreatment and harassment.

3. "Employee"

Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a fair amount of learning that can be done at the firm.

Cons

The firm only cares about itself. It does not care about the employees and is willing to use the employees for anything and everything. PwC is not a firm to build a long lasting career.

Advice to Management

Please do not state that reviews are important through out the year if at the end of the day it only matters what the partners think.

4. "Confirmations Center"

Current Contractor - Confirmations Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Current Contractor - Confirmations Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at PwC as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Cafeteria is nice but expensive and never seen after the first day.

Cons

Management openly jokes about contract employees all the time. They talk about how to "scare" employees into doing more work. No respect for contract employees at all. Low key sexual harassment and age discrimination is rampant. HR is a joke despite hovering around your areas all the time. Complaints=firings and everyone knows that.

Advice to Management

I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe outsource and automate the entire process and fix the hazing culture that should have been finished up in college. I'm convinced a substantial crawling bot could do about 90% of that job.

5. "Hyperion"

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

You get to say you work for PWc

Cons

Have no idea what Hyperion is... No hyperion consultant work... not sophisticated in hyperion enough to understand what it is they need to staff for

Advice to Management

If you wish to have a viable and competitive hyperion advisory practice then commit to it and train the people enough to understand the basics of what it is financial analyst who have never touched a database don't understand the system and do not know how to set goals do not understand that this is a computer system

6. "Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Fed Tax
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Fed Tax

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great to put on your resume

Cons

Terrible management, terrible work life balance, extremely high employee turnover

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like robots, we're human beings

7. "Internal Audit Senior"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to a lot of unique clientele in various industries. Nice to have the PwC pedigree on your resume.

Cons

Work life balance did not exit. Travel exceeded 50% and was regularly Sunday thru Friday. The practice did not know how to approriately gauge talent nor deploy resources to engagements. Seniors typically do the heavy lifting.

8. "Tax Associate"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least I will leave this company with my CPA paid for

Cons

1. No work-life balance.
    2. You feel like you are back in high school with no leadership. Nothing more than a popularity contest.
    3. Partners are so disconnected from staff. I know someone who has worked on the same engagement with the same partner for almost 1 year. She has presented workbooks to him and he did not even know her name. Didn't feel bad about not knowing it either.
    4. If you are a black associate, prepare to be the only one in your group. You will have to deal the isolation from others. You will be left out of your own workstreams, meetings, and simply made to feel like you don't belong there. Talking to your coach and HR is useless. I have done it and all I heard were excuses.
    5. I have been here for almost 1 year and really have not learned anything.
    6. Very competitive atmosphere
    7. They tell you that you can move around to different groups but it is a lie.
    8. Utilization is all that matters
    9. The concept of career roundtables is a joke. You have an RP whose job is to vouch for you but he does not care to get to know you.

After my time here, I can honestly say that I know what I don't want. The culture here is cliquish and if you want a promotion, prepare to give your entire life to this company and become a part of the in-group. It is very easy to get left behind. Your RP, coach, and buddy are useless. My advice to other African Americans looking to go to PwC is to save yourself the headache and don't waste time here. Find a job that will give you skills and real opportunities for advancement. But if you want to deal with crap like this, go for a company that pays more.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to new associates. I have happily told 2 interns that everything you guys preach about is a damn lie. Since you can't live up to anything you promise, simply stop talking. Change the culture of the company. Stop lying about caring for diversity. You seem to think the entire process involves hiring a few African Americans, putting them all into separate groups, and leaving them with no resources or support as they try to navigate this racist environment.

9. "Partner compliance analyst ensure investment acceptability."

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

Get to work from home one day a week.

Cons

Some supervisors need management training,

Advice to Management

Make anyone in a supervisory role take management training on how to treat subordinates.

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big company name, good compensation

Cons

Horrible culture, corrupt "old boys" network

Advice to Management

Clean house of the legacy manager

Showing 641 of 15,164 reviews