PwC Reviews | Glassdoor

PwC Reviews

Updated July 24, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people; Training; Clear career progression; Great client list ; Good remuneration; Work life balance (in 580 reviews)

• Learn a lot - lots of on the job training (in 353 reviews)

1. "pwc"

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

- peers are great
    - office is nice

Cons

- work load
    - growth opportunities
    - partners / directors take no accountability

Advice to Management

Stop the blame culture.

"Poor HR"

Pros

Made a great friend, who also felt the discouragement below

Cons

Worked for a summer in the public sector, was offered a job at the end and signed a contract.

Over the course of my final year of school I was under the impression I had a job. As the following summer approached myself and other new hires were eager to learn about start dates. They pushed back disclosing that information 3 times over. On June 10th I was contacted and told due to cut backs they had to skim off those who were not in the top % (whatever that means).

After a year of no searching, I was left without a job and 10s of thousands of college debt.

Thank you, pwc.

"Unappreciative Firm with no Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, most people are nice, gain lots of experience

Cons

Was laid off unexpectedly despite excellent reviews and great utilization with only 2 weeks severance (no warning or indication of poor performance at all), very long work hours, constant travel, mostly Mon-Fri but can be Sun-Fri if you live far from the client, little regard to providing work/life balance, lots of pressure to work longer hours than necessary just for the sake of appearances, a lot of the employees can be conceited and only care about work, benefits are not great, partners make so much money and think of their employees as disposable, if you aren't "utilized" due to partners not selling enough work your promotion and career growth is affected, overall not a good job if you want to have any sort of personal life.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like they're disposable, stop encouraging long work hours AND "encouraging" work/life balance unless you actually give them that balance, don't lay off talented employees with no notice whatsoever

4. "Review of Audit Practice"

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

Able to predict busier times

Cons

Company is most concerned with profitability rather than well being of staff

5. "New Hire Experience"

I have been working at PwC full-time

Pros

Benefits, onboarding process, many of the people I work with

Cons

Leadership (Directors/Partners) lack of communication, follow up, accountability. PWC is one of the big 3 consulting firms therefore any changes, impacts does not always get adopted by leadership (work/life balance) as they are more concerned with building their own practice, clients, revenue etc.

6. "Poor culture and poor work environment"

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. No positives except for the brand.

Cons

Terrible management. Do not encourage diversity. Worst company to work for.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

7. "The FS Advisory Partnership is in shambles!"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company still maintains a good brand image, although it has lost a lot of business and some reputation since the summer of 2015. Some really talented people who either can't work with each other or create cliques, undermining their own potential and of the delivery team. There are still some genuine and good people in pockets, so where you land up depends on your research and to a certain extent, on luck!

Cons

PwC used to be an amazing place to work at, but over the past two years and especially in the New York, I've seen some of the worst people, mainly at manager level and above. I've worked at the other Big 4 firms and this definitely has the worst culture. This has gone hand-in-hand with a streak of poor performance. The FS Advisory partners have lost major accounts over the last couple of years. This led to a lot of politics, territory grabbing and loss of staff (both through attrition and layoffs). I cannot confirm but it appears they have defied WARN employment laws in their layoffs. It's only a matter of time before someone takes the pain to sue them.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves! Your greed is killing a great company that has built its reputation over decades!

8. "Veteran employee"

I worked at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Provided great compensation and benefits

Cons

Rigid staff roles that do not provide flexibility, political and slow promotion process, and organization threatened by initiative takers

Advice to Management

Hire people for the level based on their skills and empower people to execute their initiatives

9. "human resources"

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay, but not very many opportunities for advancement

Cons

greedy firm you are just a number to them

10. "Going down hill fast"

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

If you are lucky to get one of the jobs where you don't do much of anything and show up only one day, great.

Cons

The partners have become impossible, the company is just a cash machine for them and a business second. With ego's out of control it will not go well. Staff get nothing in the way of raises or bonuses but are expected to do endless amounts of work.
    Aggressive hiring over the last year focusing on just minorities and women. Management has an extreme case of white guilt. Just had more lay-offs of 40% of staff while we are flooded with HB-1 visa workers.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they don't listen.

Showing 610 of 14,445 reviews