PwC Reviews | Glassdoor

13,097 reviews

Full-timePart-time

13,097 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people; Training; Clear career progression; Great client list ; Good remuneration; Work life balance (in 581 reviews)

• Learn a lot - lots of on the job training (in 352 reviews)

Cons

"Opportunity knocks, will you answer?"

Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Surrounded by very smart people, management takes a real interest in personal and professional development. Varied client interaction and opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients. Would recommend working in the business adivisory side in a smaller market if possible because you'll work less hours and have greater opportunity to work with a larger breadth of people both internally and on the client side. PwC has consistently shown a deep and genuine personal rspect for me. When my brother had a stroke, everyone went out of their way to ensure I had the resources, time and flexibility to manage the crisis in a way which benefitted myself, my clients and the firm.

Cons

Some infighting and poor personal skills amongst young audtiors. Lack of real world experience with young auditors tarnishes the brand and can hinder client buy in. If you take the advice I gave above and work Advisory in a small market, you can expect to travel alot. I was on 100% travel for 14 straight months. It got to the point where I slept better in hotel rooms than at home. My plants all died and my girlfriend left me. Sacrifices are the nature of life however so you suck it up and move on. Another downside relates to the over developed sense of competition amongst some peers, but compared with other companies I've been with, the percentage of uber egos is pretty small.

Advice to Management

Teach, mentor, team build.

2. "PwC is the place to be!"

Former Employee - Consulting in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Consulting in Chicago, IL

Pros

During my internship, I learned so much about the advisory practice, as well as about PwC's corporate culture. I was able to contribute to meaningful assignments and see how applicable my accounting degree is in the real-world. I enjoyed applying my critical thinking skills and my accounting background to real-life tasks and projects. In addition to the work opportunities I experienced at PwC, I also had a chance to meet the many people that build PwC's culture through various other networks, such as affinity groups and Toastmasters. Overall, I have been thrilled with my internship, and I could not have asked for a more fulfilling and valuable experience. This experience has been the perfect supplement to enhance my classroom education.

Cons

I really did not hit any downsides during my nine week internship. I was assigned to challenging, meaningful projects, and everyone really made me feel part of the PwC team. Everyone at the office is very ambitious, so they definitely work hard-- but they know how to play hard too. They hosted numerous social activities, where you can see your co-workers outside of the work environment-- events such as bowling, baseball games, wine tasting, etc.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think Senior Management was fantastic! Throughout my internship, I was always encouraged to ask questions, and I felt very comfortable working with different members of the PwC team. I especially appreciated the time all the professionals spent in making me feel welcomed and ensuring that I got the most out of my internship.

"Wonderful place to work and I hope to go back someday."

Former Employee - Senior Associate, Campus Recruiting in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate, Campus Recruiting in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work life balance is incredibly important at PwC. Because it's such a grueling industry, they really look for all opportunities to reward their people. Salary was competitive and they're really good about looking for other opportunities within the firm if you're wanting to switch your line of business. Additionally, they were really great about transferring me to another office when I needed to relocate.

Cons

Some of the partners don't always appreciate the lower level staff. They don't necessarily see their value and are hard to work with.

Advice to Management

Some of the partners could use more coaching/training when it comes to mentoring. I worked with some absolutely fabulous partners and then I worked with 1 or 2 who almost ruined my experience there.

4. "good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

long hours, its hard to stay up

Advice to Management

keep it up

5. "Place"

Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Associate in Boston, MA

Pros

Prestige, opens the doors for growth

Cons

Work Like Balance is not balanced

Advice to Management

N/A

6. "Great fun place to work"

Former Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great work environment, fun place to work. Perks are definitely a plus, including alternative travel being in advisory. Firm looks out for their employees and definitely notices your accomplishments and rewards you at each appropriate interval and end of the year. Great management and theres always an open line of communication with them regarding what ever questions or concerns you have.

Cons

Some benefits on the low end, travel can be alot, even though this might be a plus for some people. You have to work a bit to get assigned to clients and projects that interest you and you have to make it clear to HR.

Advice to Management

Give more flexibility, pay needs to be slightly increased to match competitors as we always receive offers from competitors with higher pay, yet we stay because we love working for pwc.

7. "PwC Advisory/Consulting - Were Back. Accenture, IBM, DT, CAP you run is over."

Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Our Business Advisory Practice is leveraging our industry leading strategy and deep delivery capabilites to exceed client expectations. In addion, our

Cons

Like all consulting firms travel and Work Life Balance is a challenge.

Advice to Management

We need to continue to strengthen our delivery capabilites. Specifically, we will need to continue to build our own talent vs. hiring high-end executives from other firms.

8. "PwC is very well known, well established, highly regarded, and well led by Sam."

Former Employee - Assurance Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Assurance Associate in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

The people and the experience. You are surrounded by a large number of very talented and highly educated people. Training is excellent and the work is very rewarding. PwC is a great place to start your career in accounting.

Cons

Work Life Balance - This will be the case for any career in public accounting

Advice to Management

None

9. "Strong leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Tampa, FL

Pros

The people I work with are exceptional.

Cons

None that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

Consider increasing change management guidance

10. "a pretty good job, kinda boring"

Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in McLean, VA

Pros

good coffee, flexible hours, some vaca

Cons

shitty pay, really bad managers who are selfish

Advice to Management

stop being so arrogant

Showing 13,097 of 14,377 reviews