Pyramid Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Jonathan Wolf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Potential, But Not There Yet"

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing/expanding all the time so there is opportunity for new career paths if you're open to them.
    Benefits package is decent. 401K match at 3.5% is nice.
    I enjoy the work that I get to perform every day and to help change lives.
    They recently implemented Core Values which is great- hope that continues to grow.

Cons

It is very evident that they are bottom-line, growth, and profit driven. Yes, organizations need to be to an extent but they don't need to make that their number one priority. It really doesn't make employees feel valued and it places a lot of stress on us to be "profitable" versus providing excellent care to our clients.

Their constant growth seems to make it difficult for them to communicate throughout the ever-changing company effectively.

It seems like some facilities have such a great culture whereas others are dull, negative, and not enjoyable. Hope that changes moving forward.

The constant growth also seems to take away from making sure their CURRENT staff and facilities have all their needs met.

Advice to Management

Take time to make more of a connection to the "little" people of your organization. This is especially true for the higher leadership positions. My direct supervisor is fantastic but support from "higher-ups" would be welcomed and appreciated! It seems like they are trying but it's just not there yet.

Would like to see more/improved communication from the highest positions. What's going well, changes, improvements, future direction, etc.

2. "Very UntableEvery Month a Memo someone else is gone"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping clients improve their lives

Cons

Upper management not concerned with improving employees life.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to come out and talk to the employees. Things are not as upper management leads you to believe

3. "Lead Therapist"

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time

Pros

Staff members were great to work with. Others were not professional

Cons

Not enough counselors, management does not listen

4. "Lpn"

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time

Pros

Provide quality care to clients.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

5. "Good Place"

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, good hours, good location

Cons

Some long hours, undependable coworkers

Advice to Management

Get dependable coworkers.

6. "OVERWORKED, UNDERPAID, UNDERVALUED!"

Former Employee - Therapist in Langhorne, PA
    Former Employee - Therapist in Langhorne, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super easy to move up in this place because they don't care how good you are or how much experience you have, they just need to fill spots.

Co-workers were AWESOME!!! They worked so hard- basically ran the place. "Higher-ups" were useless. I repeat.....USELESS!

Cons

First of all, the fact that Today, INC was bought out by this huge faceless, thankless company called Pyramid- who knows NOTHING about the mental health/addiction industry. Kids straight out of college could have started a more respectable and effective rehab!

Overworked and under paid. PERIOD.
    Often times you had to do two jobs (for only one paycheck) because they didn't want to hire more staff.
    The rules for the clients changed weekly. No one could keep up so it appeared (and was) extremely disorganized and as though staff didn't know what they were talking about. Clients complained about this out daily.
    Upper management was a joke.... half the time THEY didn't even know what was going on or what the rules were.
    They moved staff's offices around every few weeks (so wherever you are, don't get settled)... NO clue why!?
    Morale was in the toilet 98% of the time due to being profoundly undervalued by all the outside "higher-ups" who never came by or asked what we needed help with. ***You were truly treated as a number and a means to make them money.
    Their NUMBER 1 priority was not the clients and most certainly not the staff, but making themselves money. The clients' health and wellness was an after thought and RARELY discussed. which of course left the people who cared baffled and frustrated.
    Pay was sub-par and if you're sick you use your own vacation days.

Advice to Management

respect and value your employees. They are the BONES of this whole operation.
    If you don't care about people what are you doing in this field? Go open a frozen yogurt or sub shop. You have no business running a rehab to help sick people. If it weren't for the therapists and techs, your business would crash and burn. lucky for you, WE care about those clients. You're in this business for all the wrong reasons and it will eventually catch up. Word of mouth already says what a disgrace Pyramid is!!!

As the former CEO said Pyramid is Pennywise and Pound foolish. You don't care if employees keep leaving and it turns into a revolving door (for both clients and staff), you just need bodies in there to fill the spaces. In the long run you're just creating more of a mess of society. You're not helping anyone. This is why the ratings and respect for your facility is SO low!
    I pity anyone who works here OR who goes here to get help. Good luck to both!

7. "Addiction Counselor"

Current Employee - Counselor in Altoona, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor in Altoona, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the clients and helping them with their addiction. Staff can be considerate but will never compensate for rudeness of other staff.

Cons

Fatigue and Burnout seem to prevail and affect everyone and there is never reprieve.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to staff and be honest about what is happening regarding changes in work environment. Attend to staff well being instead of chaining cement bricks to them while the company is in constant recovery from employee loss.

8. "Decent company"

Current Employee - BHT in Duncansville, PA
    Current Employee - BHT in Duncansville, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping addicts, possibility for growth.

Cons

Clinical back up is non existent

"I work as an adolescent counselor. I love my job and the people i work with."

Current Employee - Counselor
    Current Employee - Counselor

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office staff is like a little family. Someone is always willing to help. Supervisors and directors are always available for guidance. Director provides staff with the tools and experience to eventually act in management role.

Cons

Pay is not great, but it is human services. Also, agency is for profit, so no loan forgiveness

Advice to Management

Continue to hire effective leaders. Those I have encountered have been amazing

"Addiction Therapist"

Current Employee - Addiction Therapist
    Current Employee - Addiction Therapist

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've grown tremendously due to the experience I've gained as an Addiction Therapist at Pyramid Healthcare, Inc. It has allowed me to sharpen not only my interpersonal skills, but also my time-management skills, documentation skills, organization skills and crisis intervention skills. Working as an Addiction Therapist has provided me with skills that are transferrable to many other careers.

Cons

We have been severely understaffed for approximately one year, which has placed great strain on the remaining Addiction Therapists. However, I utilized this strain as a motivator. I feel as though I have become more able and polished to complete not only my responsibilities, but the responsibilities that would belong to another staff member that we currently do not have. My ability to multi-task, micro-manage and delegate on a daily basis have led to many self successes in my career.

Advice to Management

While I am not an individual that seeks out validation, I have watched my coworkers be hired and then leave the company due to fatigue. I believe that upper management could commend their staff for their accomplishments and this recognition would provide incentive for our new employees to continue working here.