Pyramid Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Jonathan Wolf

1. "Decent company"

Current Employee - BHT in Duncansville, PA
    Current Employee - BHT in Duncansville, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping addicts, possibility for growth.

Cons

Clinical back up is non existent

"IT Manager"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Verona, PA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Verona, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Salary a little lower than market.

3. "Behavior Technician"

Former Employee - Behavioral Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Behavioral Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rewarding job because you're helping others better themselves, grow within company

Cons

Big turnover rate, get attached to clients, low pay rate for work you're doing

Advice to Management

Give positive feedback to employers when it's due, give constructive criticism and give a chance for correction instead of throwing employees to the fire and letting them burn!

5. "Good starting job"

Current Employee - Counselor in Butler, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor in Butler, PA

Pros

The starting bebefits and 401k plan are a plus, The staff are all friendly and get along very well and management is not over your shoulder all the time.

Cons

The hours of operation (5:30am-1:30pm) are hard. The pay is not worth the work that you are required to do. IT support is almost nonexistent

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees to avoid so much turn over at each site. The staff is overworked and underpaid.

6. "Excellent site, frustrating upper management"

Former Employee - Counselor in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

I spent 5 years as a Counselor at the South Side Outpatient site, working various schedules and levels of care, and I really enjoyed my time there. We went through periods of high clinician turnover, but my immediate supervisors always made me feel valued and respected, and without their support I wouldn't have stayed as long. The benefits were good, and even though we didn't get most holidays off, we earned a lot of Paid Time Off throughout the year, and the supervisors did their best to accommodate all requests for time off. We were required to complete a certain amount of training, and encouraged to do more, and the company is highly invested in evidence-based methods and curricula.

Cons

The work was emotionally draining, as many of the clients were legally mandated and unhappy about being there, and unfortunately we experienced some deaths, which is unfortunately the nature of substance abuse work. We weren't always adequately staffed, through no fault of the site supervisors, so sometimes our caseloads were high and we felt spread thin. Upper management made increasing changes that affected us clinically, and didn't seem to care about our input when we tried to explain how it would not only make our jobs harder, but would also negatively affect the quality of service for the clients. The company also seemed to invest more into expansion than into its current sites and employees. I don't think we were paid enough for the work we did, but that seems common for the mental health profession.

Advice to Management

Listen to your site supervisors/directors, and to your clinicians. They do the everyday work to provide the best services to the clients, and sometimes your ideas about improving service or efficiency is just not feasible.

"Unhealthy upper management environment"

Former Employee - Counselor in Wilkinsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Wilkinsburg, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers were dedicated to good client care

Cons

Upper management would say anything to keep employees working, without any apparent intention to follow through with promises.

Advice to Management

Your employees are human beings and deserve to be treated with respect and decency.

"I love the work I do with clients."

Current Employee - Counselor (Masters Level With LPC) in Quakertown, PA
    Current Employee - Counselor (Masters Level With LPC) in Quakertown, PA

I have been working at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to work with adolescents who suffer from addiction. I'm given my own space and no one harps on me about what I'm doing. I'm trusted and respected. Co-workers are kind and mainly competent. Hours are great and flexible.

Cons

Praises are never given. There is an expectation to do work outside of work; it is impossible to do the amount of work in time allotted during a 40 hour work week.

Advice to Management

Validate and praise staff regularly and identify how hard they are working.

9. "Leaves you in the Dark/policy and procedures"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in East Stroudsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in East Stroudsburg, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working with the clients. I was good at what I did. I always got a thank you from my clients. Had wonderful management in beginning before they fired him. started when company started. a Lot of fun family like in the beginning. New management no nurse manager for 6 months

Cons

Did not follow Hipaa regulations, many violations which put my license at risk. Had atele psychiatrist whom we were not made aware of as nurses. We could not clarify orders with this D.O. (Telepsych) does not pay for talking to other clinicians, therefore when there was an order to clarify you could call this DO. till you were blue in the face with no call back. Because of the neglect and unsafe practices, there was definitely many safety issues with the clients (one wanted to hang himself because he wasn't given medication that was ordered and we as nurses could not clarify these orders. In turn I have filed a lawsuit. I would not want to destroy my 23 years of my nursing license. In addition, they were way over there licensing census for admissions. We as nurses used to joke around that soon they would add bunk beds.
    Terrible Benefits
    Pathetic

Advice to Management

Their are too many deficiency's too give this company advice on. How about make your policy and procedures clear, have in-services, and follow your non existent policy manual!!!

10. "Love the field, management leaves something to be desired."

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Duncansville, PA
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Duncansville, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good for hiring new nurses, very interesting field of work.

Cons

Management has favorite employees, care for clients is grossly lacking, and not from the employees.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Counselor in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Allentown, PA

I worked at Pyramid Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible work schedule and autonomy, the building is nice and is appealing to the eye. There seems to be some room for advancement if you stay with the company long enough

Cons

Hostile work environment, mainly set by leadership within the office. Other staff are friendly and easy to communicate with. Upper management is not involved enough. Pay is too low, and management sets you up to fail and doesn't offer recognition for hard work.

Advice to Management

Middle management needs to work on leadership skills and learning how to manage a team , as well as communication skills. Upper management needs to be more involved and needs to come around more. It seems as though upper management has no idea what's going on in their offices. Come to think of it I couldn't even tell you the CEO's name.