Q Analysts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Ross Fernandes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for because of the people! Family atmosphere!"

I have been working at Q Analysts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The CEO truly cares about all the employees who work for him. He treats everyone with the utmost respect. Not only does he invest in his employees but also in the community. He is the type of boss that makes you want to work harder and do the absolute best job that you can do. Yes, he expects you to work hard but he doesn't ask his employees to do anything that he doesn't do himself. It is like one big family at Q Analysts. We sometimes are brutally honest and disagree but we care about each other at the end of the day. I see a bright future for Q Analysts because of their investment in those who work for them.

Cons

Things can sometimes move ridiculously fast so workload can be pretty heavy.

2. "The best contractor/consulting company experience I've had in tech!"

Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Client Services Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Q Analysts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlike so many other companies, the management really cares about the individual consultants they employ. It's a good setup where your superiors are acting more like an agent trying to book you a part rather than trying to sell you into service.

That positive attitude also translates into raises and promotions if you're willing to go above and beyond and put in the work. There is no artificial ceiling, and the company is always willing to listen to new ideas for improvement. It's a very positive environment overall.

They have a lot of headquarters locally around where they operate, so it's very possible to have in-person meetings with account managers and other staff if needed, or to have them come in and negotiate with the client on your behalf if required with very little turn around time.

It's the kind of company where you can meet the CEO and he will work with you and listen to your ideas and treat you like a human and not just like a resource. Your opinions actually matter there.

Benefits! They actually provide a very robust set of benefits given the type of company they are, and they scale up the longer you work there.

Cons

Of course, the downsides of contracting and vendor-type services can't be escaped, but that's not really a con of this place in particular.

The benefits might work well for a relatively healthy single employee, they might not be enough for some workers, especially those with large families, to function comfortably.

Early on, it can be tedious to work with the actual recruiters, and they sometimes pester you with pointless followups (even after you've been hired) but it's something that can be prevented if you work it out with your local representative.

They require a fairly extensive weekly reporting structure, which isn't too different from similar companies, but it does require a little more thought than most.

They're trying to improve the atmosphere of working there, and adding more time and money into fun events for employees, but it can be slow between events. If you're hoping for a super fun and hip company, this may not be the best in that regard.

Advice to Management

I don't know. Management strikes a good balance between annoyingly down your throat and letting you operate freely. You can basically decide how much you want to interact with them, so my advice to management is to continue this policy, maybe find a way to reduce the work put into the weekly reports.

3. "Always Treats Consultants With Respect"

I have been working at Q Analysts full-time

Pros

Q Analysts puts more into consultant care than any company I have ever seen. They make every effort into making consultants out in the field feel as if they are part of a bigger vision and not just out on their own.

It is also the most honest company I have ever worked for. In a service industry, it is easy to manipulate the truth. However, at Q Analysts, integrity and ethics are always paramount.

Cons

All companies have issues, but Q Analysts does not rest. They continue to look at themselves with brutal honesty and change quickly when things aren't working out.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat your employees, clients and consultants with respect and honesty. You cannot go wrong!

"Quality Assurance Engineer"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Q Analysts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small team, laid-back, Free parking

Cons

High turn over rate, unsustainable, stressful when Management under pressure.

"Average contracting company."

Pros

They pay me on time, they are quick to respond to issues I have, and limited interference with me on the job.

Cons

There's not a lot of contact with the company, and you feel more like less like part of their company than just a freelancer for the other company.

"Big Fraud Company - BETTER SEAT AT HOME BUT DO NOT JOIN"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in New York, NY

Pros

If you dont believe my words , then just join & feel the Hell.

Cons

No Salary satisfaction

Once the contract with its client is over, there is very less chance to work with the other clients or with itself also. Immediately they are firing along with the notice period. Not recommended for freshers to join on contract basis. No guaranty of long term relation ship.

Never join in night shift strictly for straight people.

Advice to Management

Change your staff

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Q Analysts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and lots of fun to work with. Excellent employee events and quarterly meetings. Good benefits.

Cons

Low commission. Management isn't great to work with. Micromanaged everything. Schedule was awful. Constantly felt nitpicked to death.

8. "Not bad"

Pros

Big company that has great ideas

Cons

Doesn't take REAL great care of you.

"Good company and clients"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Very good at maintaining the relationships and recruiters are very responsive.

Cons

Nothing that reflects the company, but at the client's site, the management did not make it a pleasant work experience.

"Previous Recruiter"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Q Analysts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CEO has a very strong work ethic and focus. He has a vision that seems right and sells it well.

Cons

The vision and it's meaningfulness stops with the CEO. While I was there it was not lived out by any employee. The CEO wanted to focus on training and growth, but the training that I went through was the worst I've ever had in my career. I learned much more from a co-worker that is still there and rocks her job. The management I worked under at the time of my employment is no longer there and I believe that was an excellent move. He obviously didn't know what he was doing and balked at me when I reached out to the CEO who was very friendly and helpful.

Advice to Management

I think the CEO is doing what he can to move into the direction of his vision. I would just suggest that he get more buy in from individuals and not settle for people who talk a good game, but obviously don't follow or contribute.