Q2eBanking Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Matt Flake

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sometimes there is free food/beer (in 8 reviews)

• Q2 has a great culture and the founder and CEO have a vision that is easy to get behind (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • As the same with any growing company or any company in general there are some growing pains but none that are worth mentioning (in 7 reviews)

• 401K matching has been promised, when the financials support it (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unique/Genuine Culture"

I have been working at Q2eBanking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really isn’t enough character’s with in this field for all the Pros. The foundation Q2’s Culture is built upon is unique/Genuine (I pinch myself wondering “is the real”). As a professional, Q2 truly values you for your hard work, the management drives communication and the encouragement for you to succeeded, is a breath of fresh air. Q2’s work environment is very collaborative, you feel proud when you walk through the doors and to be a part of a team who works hard together and is genuinely rewarded. With Innovative technology, YOY 30% growth, benefits/perks, career development. I have found a place to hang my hat and be a part of an organization that is changing the world.

Cons

It’s hard to list cons when you sincerely look forward in working at Q2 everyday. Management Appreciation, laid back dress code/culture, benefits package and especially the career development and leaders are truly passionate about what we do and value you .

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!! Communication/encouragement/ and the day to day culture is so much more efficient than any professional opportunity I have had in the past 18 years. I sincerely feel empowered to do my daily job responsibilities at a high and efficient level. I can’t wait to see what 2017 has in stored for Q2!!!!

2. "Great company for making an impact!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Q2eBanking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission and people. I get to do a job I love with people I respect and make a competitive compensation package. I love getting to be in a role where I'm able to have an impact on the company's success, and where that impact is only limited by ideas and the ability to do everything at once. It's a fast-paced environment where being nimble is an advantage.

Cons

For people who need a lot of structure, who prefer dependable days and well-planned months, this environment could be challenging.

"Too many problems; main ones are benefits and management"

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Q2eBanking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and drinks at many times.
    Company activities.
    Product is not technically difficult so you can master your role in a short time.

Cons

Management sucks. 95% or more of the managers are not well equipped to set their team up for success.
    Benefits are sub-par.
    Not much on-the-job training.
    They hire a lot of people with no background in the roles they'll be fulfilling.
    I think this is because they pay so low that they have to start making compromises in other places like skills of the candidate.
    Many other issues.

Advice to Management

I find it difficult to give advice to those whose priorities differ from mine.
    I do not believe upper management truly puts people (employees and customers) first, instead only worrying about the bottom line.

4. "Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Product in Austin, TX

I have been working at Q2eBanking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission of helping community banks compete with the Big 4 is positive. Lots of opportunities for innovation with the application. We are empowered to solve our own problems and the communication with management is good. Pay is competitive, work-life balance is good, culture is positive. Business outlook is good. Subsidized cafeteria is convenient.

Cons

401K matching has been promised, when the financials support it. Vacation is a little skimpy

Advice to Management

Managing growing the organization is a challenge -- looking at the reviews here getting the implementation and support teams the resources they need is something we all can work together to solve.

"Great place to work, but no 401k matching"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Q2eBanking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teams are supportive, all departments seem to work hard and there are many subject matter experts. Executives seem to have employees' and clients' best interests at heart.

Cons

Documentation and new hire training is lacking, you will need to rely mostly on institutional knowledge. No 401k matching offered.

Advice to Management

Please provide 401k matching

"Decent company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Q2eBanking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is fairly competitive.
    Good for career/experience growth.

Cons

Hard to advance career after certain point.
    Management very "old school".

Advice to Management

Improve modern practices like work from home policies. Develop and grown existing employees instead of hiring new talent above them.

"Abhorrent Nightmare"

Former Employee - Implementation Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Q2eBanking full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Swag
    New Office Space
    Free Food

Not a whole lot else to say other than I hope you got in on the ground floor.

Cons

I've heard from current employees that Q2 has adopted a new bell curve sysyem in which they cut the bottom 10 percent of the company. What has happened with this new system is that the good ole boys who are not performing and are lazy get a passing review. However, if you are new and have little experience you will be the first group of people to be cut. Trying to lead by fear is not leadership. Time to bail this abhorrent environment. High rate of turn over with no back filling. You have been warned!

Advice to Management

Keep more in touch with reality and check on your employees instead of giving yourself a fat bonus check after you cut tenured employees.

8. "Strong business, fun culture, caring people"

I have been working at Q2eBanking (Less than a year)

Pros

The energy and culture at Q2 is amazing! I love that everyone seems to care deeply about the success of our customers, our business AND our team. It's felt from the CEO to the facilities team that helps you set up your desk. Truly refreshing!

Cons

I honestly haven't found any major flaws. The company is growing fast, so there are some growing pains with process etc that we need as we scale. And, not all managers are comfortable with remote and flexible work arrangements yet.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being so accessible!

9. "Great Place"

Pros

Q2 has an amazing culture and is a great place to work.

Cons

Employees deserve more PTO for how hard they work

"IT Professional"

I worked at Q2eBanking full-time

Pros

If you have a desire to just collect a paycheck and never have any opinions, it's a great environment for you.

Cons

Q2 tries to show this cool hip start-up environment, but in reality, it's all a lie. They much rather buy you a ping pong table and pizza then to treat you with respect. It's one of the worst jobs I ever had.

There are many words I can describe management at Q2, but I feel Scum is the most appropriate.

For some reason, the management is convinced, that the title you are hired in, is all your ever going to amount to be. Their opinion is that they can always hire someone better which cause no one ever to get promoted. The job itself is not too complicated, and most people can do it. Q2 is one of those companies that would hire a highly skilled worker to shred paper.

Opinions about improvement do not want to be heard ever. Your care to improve the efficiency of workflows is immediately translated to insubordination in the management's mind. They want you just to do the job only, that's it. They much rather spend millions of dollars and listen to greedy vendors instead of the experts they hired. There is a similar comment about drinking the kool-aid on this site, and during my interview process choose to ignore it. Do not be like me.

Last, if you are not brown nosing with the management, they will try every way to force you out even if they are wrong legally. I've seen a lot of lives financial destroyed due to the management because they lack a moral compass.

Advice to Management

Listen to the experts you hire and actually apply critical thinking when a suggestion is provided to you instead of letting your ego get in the way and wasting millions of dollars.