QGenda Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Greg Benoit

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Customer Success Team - Review"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QGenda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and people to work along side with. Vast majority of people hang out outside of work. Work often presents new puzzles and challenges to overcome. Great area of Atlanta. Team leads do not micromanage and are very supportive. Unlimited vacation and flex time policy is wonderful. Perfect amount of travel for what I want as a young adult.

Cons

Often have long hours due to growing pains. Management has been slow to address this, but has laid out plans for 2018. 401k match is low, but other benefits make up somewhat for this.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on improving work life balance. You are developing great consultants, but remember that if people are not rewarded after enough time they will begin to search for greener pastures--even if the culture could never match QGenda.

2. "A Great Place to Expland/Learn/Grow"

I have been working at QGenda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at the company makes you feel included, it's not hard to branch out and create relationships beyond your department.

QGenda is very open to new ideas and incorporating your passions into your worklife.

Lots of opportunities to get involved with community service.

Open communication makes me feel comfortable being honest with my superiors. I'm not afraid to approach anyone in the company, including our executive team.

Your ideas are heard and there is always a way to make things happen!

Cons

Everyday is a new day, so you have to be willing to adapt!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, HR! You make working, something I can look forward to each day! The culture and environment of our workplace is so encouraging and bright!

This is a job I am happy to wake up in the morning and go to!

3. "The crown jewel of Healthcare IT in Buckhead, GA."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QGenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Incredible work culture! The CEO and other executives at the company truly care about company culture and proper compensation.

Work/Life balance is surprisingly great, especially for product development roles which can typically be seen as always 'plugged in' at other companies.

SOLID development process and organization in place. Product development follows an extremely well oiled and organized flow. This allows each team to work extremely efficiently from Product, Development, and QA.

Challenging and rewarding feature work. The product is highly customizable and likewise complex to work on. Tackling unique challenges from sprint to sprint with such a product can be an extremely rewarding experience.

Everyone has a voice! This ties into company culture overall. It's extremely easy to reach out to HR/Management and be genuinely heard.

Cons

Career growth is currently ambiguous but HR & Management have made it clear they are working towards solutions. Already starting to see some changes.

Insurance premiums are covered which is fantastic, however, the insurance providers are not the greatest for individuals with families.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Don't lose your focus on employee emphasis as the company grows larger. Your efforts are definitely noticed and resonate among all the employees.

"Great Company, Great Culture, Great Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QGenda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generally speaking:
    - Company is in a good place in the market. Not complacent, but not desperate. That means there's good revenue and profit, some good VC money (smart money), and a good sales funnel.
    - The culture is young, fun, and flexible like a startup, but with the right type and amount of processes to make it "grown-up" like a larger business.
    - Work/life balance is very fair. Like mentioned above, QGenda is past the phase of 80 work weeks every week that most startups (and old-startups) endure, but, again, not like "Office Space" where you really only need to get 1 hour of work done a day done to get by. Vacation/PTO time off is unlimited, and respected. I have never been forced to work longer than I wanted - if I have worked more than 50 hours in a week it's because I'm passionate about the company's goals, the project itself, and facing a challenging and rewarding task.

Specific to development:
    - QGenda practices Agile, but are not purists about it, and are always welcome to entertaining and implementing when necessary change to process.
    - Respect developers' time, and work hard to only have the right number of meetings.
    - Are interviews might be tough, but that ensures that everyone here is bright, which makes the team that much better (more than the sum of the parts). I used to work on teams that had (at least) 1 person that really didn't belong, and that soured the entire vibe for everyone.

This has probably been the best working experience of my career.

Cons

- The compensation (salary, bonus, retirement, benefits) is good, very competitive, but can be beaten. Yes, I can make more cash or more 401k matching elsewhere, but the risk of a worse culture, work/life balance, or terrible technology elsewhere exceeds the monetary benefit, IMHO.
    - QGenda does not (yet) have the ability to pay for (potentially lavish) remote conferences, training seminars, guest speakers, etc that you might get from a much larger company. Yes, having a yoga class and workout room and nap rooms and a pool table and numerous kegs of beer for all-day consumption and yearly conferences in Hawaii would be nice, but the ROI for QGenda providing these things is iffy.

"BDR Life"

I have been working at QGenda full-time

Pros

Great people, good perks, great culture

Cons

Young company, lack of experience, grow pains

"Software Consultant"

I have been working at QGenda full-time

Pros

QGenda is a fun and young work environment. The people you work with are great and it makes the transition from college very easy. There are a lot of fun benefits including catered lunches, company and team outings, as well as many other fringe benefits. You will get a lot of experience that other jobs may not offer so early on.

Cons

You will definitely be overworked at one point or another. If you can not manage your time, or are not willing to stay late when needed you will be extremely overwhelmed. The salary/compensation is also decently below what similar jobs pay and the "normal" benefits of insurance, retirement, etc. are not very good.

Advice to Management

Keep QGenda the fun environment that it is as you continue to grow, and ensure that your employees are not getting burnt out. Compensate your employees accordingly and increase the "normal" benefits to be equal to that of other companies.

"Career jumpstart - Great experience"

I have been working at QGenda full-time

Pros

Young, innovative company who recruits bright and capable engineers. Positions at QGenda require a high level of self discipline and provide a significant amount of responsibility and direct project management experience. Even entry level positions get engineers in the field gaining valuable professional experience within a few weeks.

Cons

Greater responsibility often comes with greater expectations and a higher stress level. This is not a company that promotes "coasting". The more you move up, the more you will be expected to perform.

Advice to Management

Maintain the unique company culture we have cultivated as we continue to grow larger. Its what makes us who we are.

"Overall a Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at QGenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, young employees, collaborative, challenging, growing company, opportunity to grow individually and professionally, opportunity to help in other areas of company than just our job description, company outings are great, Buckhead (Atlanta) location and office space is great, good benefits, catered lunches, 401k match, open door policy, travel to great locations, relationship building with clients

Cons

At times can turn into long hours, decent but not great salary, because it's new they are learning how to structure the company, inexperienced (but learning) management team, low 401k match

"Great Place to Start a career"

I have been working at QGenda full-time

Pros

You are immediately immersed in a collaborative and challenging environment. Because of the rapid growth we have, you get experience that is hard to find in most entry level jobs.

QGenda pays 100% of your medical insurance premiums. This is something to seriously consider when comparing compensation. I would estimate I save roughly $3K each year by not paying for my insurance out of pocket.

We have a young but driven culture which cuts down on "red tape" found in most larger companies. I can ask just about anyone for help. I also have many friends in the same stage of life working alongside me.

The occasional company outings and happy hours are always a nice boost for morale.

Cons

The work is hard and sometimes quite long. Growth means there is no shortage of work which in itself has pros and cons.

The compensation isn't as good as it would be in at a larger, well established company.

Advice to Management

We need more goals/achievements to hit along with incentives. Engineers can get burnt out working long hours in order to just not mess up rather than work towards a goal. I do worry that a few of my co-workers will leave given the hours they have to work to handle our growth and the lack of incentives other than keeping their jobs. Nobody wants to work just to not lose their job.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at QGenda full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of QGenda's best qualities that anyone who steps into our office will notice right off the bat is the company culture. QGenda's workforce is comprised of individuals from all walks of life, yet we're an extremely tight-knit group. No matter what your likes, interests or hobbies are, you're able to fit right in. I believe this plays a major role in the companies success as everybody is willing to help out and see other's succeed.

Cons

As with any young successful company, we've experienced tremendous growth over the past few years, which has led to many growing pains. Although it can get difficult at times, it prepares you for any challenge in the future.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to lead this company in the right direction! I can't wait to see what the future has in store.