QHR Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael (Mike) Checkley

"Poor Middle Management"

Former Employee - Biller
    Former Employee - Biller

Pros

None come to mind and never will.

Cons

RCM Division lacks maturity. They advertise billing service, but only know coding. They focus on "big dollar" clients, putting all efforts into them, while the smaller clients they sign, they do not properly staff.

Advice to Management

Softcare needs new management before she runs it into the ground.

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a solid company and would be a great start for anyone who is looking into entering this field.

Cons

There needs to be increased training and the management needs to pay attention to the current employees and how they are doing.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an increase in communication between departments and team leaders as many changes are done without checking how it will effect others.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your encouraging review! Thank you as well for pointing out the areas we need keep growing in. Developing our people through more training, and improving the lines of communication ... More

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Management care and want to see you grow.
    Positive reinforcement from leads
    Family atmosphere and friends
    Opportunity to change departments
    Great career growth
    Fast growing company

Cons

No real cons to be honest. There will always be people who spoil a great atmosphere.
    Open plan office means lots of noise!

Advice to Management

Keep going driving the products forward and supporting the staff.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the awesome review and positive attitude! Jeff

"Amazing place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with QHR for many years. I have worked a variety of roles and have always had amazing support from management. They encourage you to do your best and do whatever they can to assist you in learning more and obtaining new opportunities. Amazing benefits, monthly massages done in the office, fruit and veggies provided daily. There are some amazing people that certainly have become some close friends.

Cons

With any work place there are some negative/toxic people. They only seem to be happy when they are hurting others.

Advice to Management

Don't let the toxic/negative people get to you. Their true colors will continue to show and they will only hurt themselves in the long run.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your very encouraging review. People with a great attitude like yours are what will help keep QHR an awesome place to work! Jeff

"Not a great place to work at"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Pros

* Fresh fruits
    * Good programming practices

Cons

* Don't like to invest in employees
    * They like to hire and fire people a lot
    * Not a place to be for a long time
    * Unprofessional behavior of the management

Advice to Management

There is no clear direction from management. Its a new management which doesn't know how to handle things properly

Apr 3, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. In fact, we actually have a very low turnover rate, even with QHR's recent growth and surge in recruiting. With our current team of outstanding highly engaged colleagues ... More

"If this company is a leader, Healthcare is doomed."

Pros

You have a job. You have an income. That's about all one can say.

Cons

They say great parents don't pick favourites. Guess what? QHR aren't good parents. The managers didn't want to help and I didn't feel I was progressing in the job at all. You got shouted at on a regular basis by irate customers. I've never been sworn at so often in my life and it was for nothing pretty much. Of course, once you deal with an unhappy customer, you will get "feedback" from two or three "managers", who aren't that bothered to be honest, because their day playing solitaire was interrupted by said irate customers.

Advice to Management

My manager was arrogant, rude and totally up their own behind. It's almost like they expect most of us not to be kept I suppose. And given the turnover in this company I suspect that's a reason why.

I would put a lot more emphasis on training, ongoing support and education for all new staff. Also you can do much better with less managers - especially the snotty type that aren't accountable for anything other than their own egos.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

I'm really sorry you are feeling this way right now. I sincerely hope as we continue to work on getting better in the areas you point out, that we can win back your enthusiasm and commitment to QHR ... More

"Worst place I ever worked - PERIOD"

Former Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - IT Technical Analyst in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Pros

There is nothing positive about this hell hole of an employer - would give it ZERO stars if I could

Cons

* Backstabbers
    * Brownnosers
    * Sexual Harassment
    * Lying
    * Cheating
    * Management having affairs with other department heads
    * Management changing managers at a moments notice (My manager changed 6 times in less than a year!)
    * A culture of bullying is supported and even widely rewarded by those in charge

Pay structure that is very haphazard (people doing the same jobs in different cities being paid VERY different amounts (for example Kelowna employees being paid MUCH less than employees in Rural or small town Ontario for the exact same job).

Bottom line it was the most TOXIC, NEGATIVE and UNFRIENDLY place I have ever worked in my career in IT.

The place is poison for your soul and will destroy your home life at the same time as making you despise your job.

Advice to Management

You all should be ashamed of the BS that goes on in this company; when you tell people to report misconduct to HR and then "lay-off" said whistle blowers (this has happened more than a dozen times in the last 5 years). Without naming names, there was a department head who was having an affair with another department head (both married to other people) and when they were caught in the act (at work no less) by another higher up they threatened the person who caught them with bodily harm .... and yet nothing was done other than giving one of the cheaters a BIG FAT bonus and then moving them to another company.

Real CLASS (NOT) acts at this company.

The management team should have all been fired and replaced a long time ago.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

I'm very sorry this was your experience at QHR. I sincerely hope your next employer can meet all of your expectations and provides an environment where you can thrive. Jeff

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Client Services Analyst II in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Client Services Analyst II in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at QHR Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Many possibilities for advancement
    -Great benefits and competitive pay
    -Positive work environment with lots of feedback and training

Cons

No cons unless you do not put effort into the job. As long as you put in the effort it is a rewarding place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the positive work place. People are happy and act like a close family.

"Pretty good experience - Client Services"

Current Employee - Client Services
    Current Employee - Client Services

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office culture is pretty great. Friends at work have often become friends outside of work and we go to events or out for drinks pretty regularly.
    We get massages through work which is pretty sweet, once a month. I've never worked anywhere that I got massages. The benefits plan is pretty decent and we were recently acquired by Loblaw/Shoppers Drugmart and now we get 30% off at Shoppers!
    If you don't know how to assist a client, friends/coworkers in the office are almost always willing to help you if you need it.
    I think the management and team leads are all lovely people - shout out to Chenoa and Hristo especially, as they have made my experience at work very pleasant.
    We sometimes have theme days and do fun stuff - one time we had "funny hat day."

Cons

Some teams don't get along very well - most notably, the labs team. I don't know what their problem is, but they often act like such children and now the team leads have to monitor them on slack to make sure everyone is behaving themselves lol. Pretty shameful if you ask me, you're all adults!
    Sometimes the clients can be jerks. You can deal with a lot of prima donna types in this industry.
    Some CS don't carry their weight and take way less calls than others. I feel like they probably are spending way too much time on facebook, less time answering questions.

Advice to Management

None - they're doing pretty good.

"Disappointing and"

I worked at QHR Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full benefits, fruit and veggies, some nice people.

Cons

Terrible management, lack of respect for employees and work put in, no financial bonuses or rewards for hard work, no training, "closed door" attitude, salaries

Advice to Management

Clean house and put in new management. The current managers don't care at all about their employees. New opportunities within the company will never be granted to those who have already put the work in. Even if you have been there longer, they will hire someone else to work "under" you but pay them more.