QHR Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Poor Middle Management"

Former Employee - Biller
    Former Employee - Biller

Pros

None come to mind and never will.

Cons

RCM Division lacks maturity. They advertise billing service, but only know coding. They focus on "big dollar" clients, putting all efforts into them, while the smaller clients they sign, they do not properly staff.

Advice to Management

Softcare needs new management before she runs it into the ground.

"Not a good environment. Stay away to keep your self esteem."

Former Employee - Software Developer in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I worked at QHR Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits. Accessible location with covered parking.

Cons

The management still behaves like a college project team. Lots of finger pointing and blaming each other going on. Office politics and backstabbing is prevalent. Diversity is not appreciated or the seniors doesn't know how to nurture an inclusive culture.

Advice to Management

The culture you build up is going to define you in the future.

Nov 8, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback - we are glad to hear you appreciate the compensation and benefits. We agree that continuing to invest in our culture journey is an important part of our future.

3. "Very good place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competitive pay
    - Competitive benefits
    - Great people (Honestly the people are fantastic)
    - Growth opportunities, people are constantly getting promotions and getting new jobs because of the growth of the company
    - Free teas, coffees, veggies, employees often bring in food on their own and share (Again... great people.. seriously)
    - Goal setting and career achievement

Cons

- Growth within the company that might not belong or work with QHR but might have worked somewhere else
    - Understanding the uniqueness of QHR and their products and ensuring that we are not like the others guy, and that we establish our own identity for what works not only for the clients but also the employees.
    - Not more appreciation, but more acknowledgement of the hard work that everyone puts in to make this company grow so fast
    - Not enough recognition for the employees for promote a positive culture (They are working on this, so we will see how that plans on)
    - Lack of accountability for people who do not pull their weight. Actions are not meant with consequences all the time and certain people tend to get a free ride too often.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the most important resource that you have - the people - if you do not, you will lose their mentalities and their dedication to the brand and to the company.

Learn with them, do not try to teach them things that worked somewhere else but might not work here. Take mistakes, and learn from mistakes because the people around you will help you make that place great if you give them a chance to. Do not look at yourselves as bosses, look at yourselves as leaders and act like a leader, not only by leading by example but by also showing people how to get things done by, well, actually doing things for once.

Jun 26, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Your review is appreciated - our people truly are the most resource we have, and are the strength of QHR! We are committed to helping our people grow at all levels of the organization, including... More

"1 Year Update"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

Full Disclosure - I wrote a review of QHR approximately one year ago. In that review I mentioned that I was excited to see where we were in a year from then. I felt it was time to post an update.

In the past year, so many great things have happened and I am incredibly proud and honoured to work at a company that cares about their employees as much as QHR.

There are a lot of pros. Some are what you would expect - great health coverage, vacation time, etc. Beyond the standard benefits, we still get chair massages, vegetable platters every day, and we always have baskets of fresh fruit. We have a giant games room with air hockey and foosball tables. We have 'chill out' rooms with TVs and couches. Our washrooms have hair spray, lotion, and other items. Now that we are part of Loblaw we get staff discount at Shopper's Drug Mart and recently just got access to an app that contains hundreds of other discounts.

I suspect a lot of our younger staff don't realize how great these extra perks are and take them for granted. I don't mean that negatively towards any of our younger staff, but if you don't have much else to compare it to, you just don't realize.

I have been with the company for 5+ years, and almost everybody I started with or got trained by are still here. Not only are they still here, they have all moved up within the company. As we have grown so much in the 5 years, new positions are always being created to address the needs of the company. The amount of opportunity we have is incredible and those that have worked hard get those opportunities.

I've read some recent reviews that have some negative comments about the management. I think it's important to point out that some of the negative comments are towards middle management and isolated to one department. I do not work for that department, but from an outsider's perspective, the team leadership and management is amazing. That department has grown an unbelievable amount in the last few years and is undergoing a lot of changes to make improvements and handle the growth. The team leads and managers are some of the hardest working people I know. I also feel that some of the negativity is due to the nature of the type of department it is. It is a very difficult job to be front line support. It is probably one of the hardest jobs within the company, but we have fantastic people that work very hard and help each other out.

The high level management we have is honestly the best group of people we could have. The Directors and our President are all intelligent, humble and passionate people that want the best for the company. Every single one of them would take your call if you needed something, they would have your back, and they want the best for you. In the past we've had some unclear direction because of misalignment, but we are all working towards the same end goal now. Every single Director will do what they can to help us get there.

The biggest pro of all, is the majority of our staff. So many of our staff are passionate - they live and breathe our company culture and our company goals. I love going to work every morning because I believe in what we are doing and I love surrounding myself with other people that feel the same way. We are truly making a difference in healthcare and in turn helping out so many people. I don't understand how anybody could not want to be part of that.

Cons

No cons. Anytime I'm unhappy with the way something is I talk to my Manager and the problem is fixed. I spend too much time at work to be unhappy for too long.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being aligned. Thank you for keeping up with the communication. Thank you for all the extra perks we get.

May 24, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your very positive and detailed review. While we continue to work hard at creating a great workplace and constantly improving where we can, our people really are the ones that make QHR... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay-scale, great benefits (including coffee, tea, fruit, vegetables, and other treats), managers who go the extra mile for you, many company resources (including those who have been part of QHR for a long time), opportunity to grow, a sense of corporate and team identity

Cons

Growing pains: Miscommunication and some adjustment issues as the company has a) grown exponentially, and b) been acquired by Loblaw. The changeover in relation to corporate policies in particular has been handled awkwardly, leaving a lot of people confused and frustrated (though clarification HAS been there for people who have reached out).

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better distribution of work in some departments (in Client Services in particular), but these are changes that are actively being addressed by the new call models they've introduced. Nothing gets fixed overnight. I would suggest better, more consistent communication, and touching base individually more often. Everyone wants to feel as though they're being listened to.

May 12, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Your review is much appreciated. While our recent growth surge is tremendous and paints a very bright future for QHR, thank you for pointing out the growing pains that go along with that. Improving... More

"Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Client Services in Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Services in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time

Pros

Free veggies thatvare always gone by lunch time
    Free massages
    Good schedule

Cons

Anyone considering to work at QHR really needs to take these reviews to heart. This company does not care about their employees and people are treated more like animals that humans. I've never felt so taken advantage of by an employer before. The environment has gotten so bad I have heard employees say they would rather have no job then be there, people have debated on leaving even though they have no jobs lined up.
    The management is so worried about future plans that they have no desire to work on the current issues. I have seen more effort put into changing the office lighting than into the mental wellbeing of the employees. The client services department is in a state of emergency, and the customers and employees are suffering. So many people Have left or moved to different roles that the amount of staff that are available to answer the phones have dwindled down so much that the customers are being neglected. I have seen multiple people go on stress leave because it's so bad at the office. So many of the staff have projects and extra work piled onto them that they have no clue when or how they will get it all done it's so exhausting. A lot of the work you are asked to do is not part of the job description and much of it requires specific training of which we don't have, yet we are expected to do it all correctly and promptly.
    Any time spent away from the office is actually spent recovering from how draining and emotionally abusive this company is. Countless of staff have gone to management and HR about their concerns, but yet again all they are focused on is the future not the present.
    There is no direction from leadership and the employees do whatever they want, there is no consistency or accountability. I have seen employees with their phones off and playing computer games when there are multiple calls in the queue. I've seen people on Facebook, YouTube and castanet completely ignoring the phone calls and they get away with it! But I can't even blame them when you feel like your leadership team doesn't care about you at all, you care less about the job. This stuff has all been reported to management and nothing has been done about it, they just aren't invested in their staff and because the staff know this they are less invested in the job and our customers.
    Reading through the past reviews I can completely relate to them, minus the positive ones. I also want to mention that some of the positive reviews have comments that are word for word what is on the website or job descriptions which really makes me wonder who actually wrote them. I would not be surprised of they were strategically posted to try and even out the reviews, and I am not the only person who thinks this.
    What management needs to realize is you can make all the changes you want but until the employees feel cared about the problems will remain the same. Happy staff is what delivers great customer service, not new lighting, not new processes, not new roles. The future changes they want to make aren't bad at all but they should not be top priority. I feel like it's time that QHR acknowledges what they have put us through for years and start investing in a more positive environment and trying to create happy employees. The monthly massages are not enough to get rid of the tension and anxiety you have walking into work.
    At this point I feel like the Company is so far gone that things will never change. It's completely hopeless. This review is for people who are considering coming to work here. This review is also for our customers please be patient with the customer services staff as you wait for days to get an email response from us, or when you wait on hold for a long time. The people on the front lines are being neglected and overworked and there aren't enough staff to meet your needs.

Advice to Management

Start caring about the people who work here, happy employees equals excellent customer service. Please take a step back and consider what will encourage your staff, try to be thankful and reward hard work. Please consider walking around the floor and getting to know your employees, ask them how their weekend went, ask them about their lives etc. Little things like that can go a long way to make employees feel like you care.

May 12, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your review – your concerns are important to us and are not taken lightly. Thank you as well for your advice. We value solution-oriented team members at QHR, who are willing to point... More

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Management care and want to see you grow.
    Positive reinforcement from leads
    Family atmosphere and friends
    Opportunity to change departments
    Great career growth
    Fast growing company

Cons

No real cons to be honest. There will always be people who spoil a great atmosphere.
    Open plan office means lots of noise!

Advice to Management

Keep going driving the products forward and supporting the staff.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the awesome review and positive attitude!
    Jeff

"Solid Company"

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst

I have been working at QHR Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is a solid company and would be a great start for anyone who is looking into entering this field.

Cons

There needs to be increased training and the management needs to pay attention to the current employees and how they are doing.

Advice to Management

There needs to be an increase in communication between departments and team leaders as many changes are done without checking how it will effect others.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your encouraging review!
    Thank you as well for pointing out the areas we need keep growing in. Developing our people through more training, and improving the lines of communication... More

"Amazing place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I have been working at QHR Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with QHR for many years. I have worked a variety of roles and have always had amazing support from management. They encourage you to do your best and do whatever they can to assist you in learning more and obtaining new opportunities. Amazing benefits, monthly massages done in the office, fruit and veggies provided daily. There are some amazing people that certainly have become some close friends.

Cons

With any work place there are some negative/toxic people. They only seem to be happy when they are hurting others.

Advice to Management

Don't let the toxic/negative people get to you. Their true colors will continue to show and they will only hurt themselves in the long run.

Mar 17, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your very encouraging review. People with a great attitude like yours are what will
    help keep QHR an awesome place to work!
    Jeff

"Not a great place to work at"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Pros

* Fresh fruits
    * Good programming practices

Cons

* Don't like to invest in employees
    * They like to hire and fire people a lot
    * Not a place to be for a long time
    * Unprofessional behavior of the management

Advice to Management

There is no clear direction from management. Its a new management which doesn't know how to handle things properly

Apr 3, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. In fact, we actually have a very low turnover rate, even with QHR's recent growth and surge in recruiting. With our current team of outstanding highly engaged colleagues... More