QHotels Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Purtill

"When they took over Oulton hall leeds England it was very interesting."

Former Employee - Garden in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Garden in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at QHotels part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very flexible with work lot's of options including the chance to use experience from other sources other jobs in the industry

Cons

A lot of different rules to learn not like with the first company that I first started with de vere hotels

Advice to Management

When you want to keep good people remember to listen to all ideas.

2. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belton, Lincolnshire, East Midlands, England (UK)

I worked at QHotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support and an exciting environment to work in. Good perk was 2 nights stay for 2 people in any of the hotels.

Cons

Very demanding with regards to the targets needing to be hit or have a very good excuse as to why they were not. But saying that it was what I expect any how.

Feb 13, 2017 – Group HR and Training Coordinator

Thank you for your review, we're really happy that you enjoyed your time working for QHotels.

3. "QHotels"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant in Crewe, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant in Crewe, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible working hours
    Accommodating to my studies
    Lots of hours

Cons

Location if you don't drive

Feb 13, 2017 – Group HR and Training Coordinator

5. "Qhotels FnB Supervisor"

Pros

the job itself is not too hard most of the people seem friendly, there are career opportunities available

Cons

impossible to get a proper work/life balance, working more than youre getting paid for, can be extremely busy and absolutely empty and boring

Feb 13, 2017 – Group HR and Training Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your comments, and are in the process of reviewing our current supervisory structure.

6. "Great"

Pros

Cheap rooms rate for employees

Cons

Hard to get to on bus

7. "Hotel Supervisor/ Receptionist"

I worked at QHotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As it was a small business you had to work in many areas which allowed you to gain a lot of skills and experience.

Cons

During the quieter times of the year you couldn't be guaranteed a full weeks work as the hotel would shut for 3-4 days of the week if there weren't enough guests

Advice to Management

Focus on upgrading and soundproofing the hotel rooms as this would make for a better guest experience. Also get the boilers serviced regularly as in the winter when the skiing is now you don't want them to be cutting out.

"Awful place to work - central reservations"

Former Employee - Central Booking Agent
    Former Employee - Central Booking Agent

I worked at QHotels full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People that you work with - some can be friendly although others that have been there a a few years can't really be bothered. Free parking

Cons

Inadequate systems... Needing to use numerous systems to complete one booking, dealing with dissatisfied guests because they are unhappy with how long a booking takes or annoyed that the website is not user friendly... Too many offers out at the same time leading to confusion. They do t line giving breaks and if they do it will be unpaid.. No breaks at all if you work a weekend.. Booking holidays is hard work - no sick pay for first 3 days off.. No one is happy and everyone wants to leave.

Advice to Management

Start looking after your employees

9. "AVOID!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

The only pro I can think about is free parking. Meals are provided on duty- enjoy the most diagusting food ever if you are lucky enough to have a break.
    In theory, they have amazing development programmes- try to find time for that. I was supposed to be a manager, I was expected to do everything! I was a manager, supervisor, team member and duty manager rolled into one. Staff run away from there, management pretend they can't see the problem there and they just expect you to be there and cover the whole day. You end up working so many hours you fall below the national minimum wage. The only positive reviews I see are from people who started their careers in hospitality with this company and never in their lives saw a good run hotel. Do yourself a favour and avoid QHotels. This company is a JOKE.

Cons

Ungrateful and unsupportive management, no recognition for staff, long long hours, so many expectations and nothing in return, health and safety is non existent - the place is FILTHY!!!!

Advice to Management

I have no advice for the management, I wish them good luck with running this joke of a hotel.

10. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

There are many good reasons to work for qhotels.
    They put their all into training you and giving you the opportunities to improve and also better yourself and qualifications. They will allow you to express yourself and listen to all ideas you may have this is because every hotel is unique are they are always looking to improve which is also nice . We also recive many different types of awards for doing good things and pay day treats is a nice touch to say Thankyou for the month but overall it is a great place to work

Cons

The only real down side is that you don't tend to have enough interaction with the other hotels it would be nice to do games as a group and bring the company together more.

Advice to Management

My advise would be if you want to do well this is a company that will show you how . You will do long hours and may feel that you are constantly at work but all jobs there are ups and downs and the ups are much greater than the downs the more you put in the more you will get out .

11. "Leisure Operations Manager"

Pros

Great place to work with great people. Qhotels really invest in you as an individual and provide lots of training opportunities.

Cons

Work life balance due to shift patterns.