QIAGEN "good benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

QIAGEN Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 13, 2019

Found 359 reviews

3.7
QIAGEN CEO Thierry Bernard
Thierry Bernard
Cons

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Hopsital Sales Specialist"

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture good benefits, direct hire sales reps gets to pick a Mercedes as an option when choosing your company car. Gas card and company car comes with no out of pocket expenses to you. Great work, life balance if you know how to manage your time.

Cons

Training program could be better. Too many people working on one account. This needs to be streamlined.

Advice to Management

Streamline the new hire training program to make it more efficient. Company wide directories would be an excellent idea to give new hires!!!

QIAGEN2018-04-11
  2. "It's not a bad place to work"

Field Service

I have been working at QIAGEN

Pros

Good benefits and vacation. I always had very helpful managers.

Cons

Communication thought company could be improved.

QIAGEN2018-03-08
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Excellent work environment"

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

Great place to work, good benefits.

Cons

Low pay, frequent layoffs, Upper management ignores harassment complaints when is someone in their group. Clueless HR.

QIAGEN2017-11-07

"Great workplace with intelligent people"

I worked at QIAGEN full-time

Pros

Great work life balance and good benefits. Hack-a-thon every 6 months allows employees a nice creative outlet and chance to show their skills.

Cons

Work can get a little repetitive. Constant restructuring, re-organizations and layoffs yield for low morale and tenuous job security. No stock option or purchase plans for even high level scientific and software development positions.

Advice to Management

Need to instill better morale among employees via. less employment uncertainty, stronger company culture and better stock benefits.

QIAGEN2017-03-21

"Rough"

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at QIAGEN for almost two years. I worked there because my employer was acquired by them. Pros I would say...its a pretty easy job if you're just looking for a paycheck. They have pretty good benefits and paid time off.

Cons

If you want to work with smart people, this unfortunately is not the place. They may hire smart people, but they do not reward intelligence. It's all a big political game, constant restructuring, management making new decisions every month on how to structure the teams and which projects to push forward, and all they take into account is their budget and how this will look to the exec team in Germany. In order to... move up you must play the game, and not actually get any tangible work done. Their HQ is miserable, thankfully I was not working there.

Advice to Management

They need an entire new management team. I wouldn't even know what advice to give them to help the situation.

QIAGEN2016-11-28

"Pros & Cons"

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

QIAGEN has good benefits and a pretty good Paid Time Off policy. Decent office environment. Great products and services-diagnostics can have a really positive impact on people's health.

Cons

Quantity over quality mentality. Inconsistent policies and procedures-flextime for some employees yet there's no formal policy. Lots of surveys and pulse checks but very little feedback/results or visible improvement in problem areas.

Advice to Management

Your employees are your most valuable resource. Compensate each employee (not just top management) for what he/she is really worth, respect their opinions and contributions, communicate openly and honestly. You will be surprised what you receive in return.

QIAGEN2016-09-29

"Cronyism disruptive to professional growth."

I worked at QIAGEN

Pros

Good benefits and earning potential. Excellent Marketing team members who go above and beyond supporting sales and clinical teams. Excellent facilities at headquarters.

Cons

Cronyism impedes the professional growth of team members. Micromanagement is a problem. Not much territory alignment in North America which makes for wasteful expenditures. Many company accounts and trade shows are cherry picked leaving potential for professional growth and success in the dust. Mentors provide no positive feedback but only criticism so no incentive to do well. Team building and cohesiveness among... regions is not present at all and management is top heavy and aloof. Good people have been hired yet are treated as if they are beginners. It's frowned upon to take any time off during winter break surrounding Christmas and family life takes a back seat.

Advice to Management

If management would take my advice I would offer it up.

QIAGEN2016-08-25

"Senior Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly people, good benefits although pay is low and slow to change.

Cons

Lay-offs, outsourcing and major changes to save money. Advancement difficult as management is very comfortable.

QIAGEN2015-06-02

"What has happened in Valencia?"

Current Employee - Service Solutions

I have been working at QIAGEN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good products, good co-workers, good benefits

Cons

Unless your in sales, your hard work will never be noticed. Don't take a position in Valencia, Qiagen has forgotten this location and it's employees.

Advice to Management

Stop sending jobs to India. Qiagen makes millions, spread the wealth around. People should not invest years with a company and help that company grow only to be layed off be weeks before Christmas.

QIAGEN2014-02-12
  11. "Diegen/Qiagen is a decent place to work"

Former Employee - Scientific Associate II in Gaithersburg, MD

I worked at QIAGEN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked in the Research and Development department and i was pretty satisfied with my time spent at Digene. Flexible schedule, nice people and environment, good benefits. Also, a great cafeteria with subsidized meals.

Cons

Similar to most companies, there were too many meetings in which not much productivity emerged.

Advice to Management

Less meetings/more focused ones.

QIAGEN2013-01-13