QKids Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Have always wanted to work from home (in 25 reviews)

• The pay is great for minimal hours (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic work"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Rexburg, ID
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for JiuQu is really wonderful. I've been working for them for over half a year and I've not had problems with management; they really easy to work with and really some of the friendliest bosses (if not people) I've worked with. And I love teaching the kids! They're so cute and so much fun! I like teaching the children that can speak a little more English, but I know other teachers who like teachers beginners more. You'll get every experience. It's also really great part-time pay. Base pay is $16 but super easy to reach bonuses to get $20 an hour. I also move a lot, so it's really convenient and nice to have steady work wherever I go (even though it's just part time). I know I'll always have work and income. It's also great work experience, especially if you want to continue doing ESL work (which I am pursuing). For many, it'll just be part-time work, but it is literally the best part-time work you'll ever find.

Cons

-Depending on where you live (the further west in the US the earlier you have to get up to teach) it can be very early in the morning, which can be a little rough if you go to bed late.

-There can be some minor technical issues with the software. But usually, it's on the students' end. For example, their mics won't work so you can't hear them or their camera's broken so you can see them. It can make things a little more difficult.

Advice to Management

Some of the technical could be ironed out and just a few of the lessons flow in a rather awkward way (activities are kind of disconnected). However, I noticed this is resolved already in latter lessons.

2. "Great company to work for!"

I worked at QKids part-time

Pros

great pay for part-time work.

Cons

technical difficulties with computers used by students

"Great Company"

I have been working at QKids part-time

Pros

The plans are scheduled for you. No guessing when you will work

Cons

Wake up early if thats a con for you.

4. "Great part time work, fun kids"

Pros

Very flexible in scheduling/time off, super fun kids, decent pay rate, no experience required -- overall great company when I was there from May--September (things have probably evolved from now)

Cons

Early mornings, management is very communicative but they are rapidly expanding so things can get lost

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at QKids part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had my doubts when applying, as anyone would with an online teaching company in China. But everyone I met along the hiring process was great and very helpful. I've been working there for over 4 months now and I love the company. Yes, there are some technical issues that can be frustrating by the management is very fair about dealing with them and helping you. They are extremely supportive of their teachers and provide some truly wonderful students. The application makes teaching English fun and it's been a way better experience teaching English here than I've had in in-person classrooms previously.

Cons

You wake up very early, so only do this job if you can still be cheerful in the morning!

6. "A Good ESL Teaching Company"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at QKids part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The kids are sweet and funny, and management is very compassionate when unable to teach do to family emergencies.

Cons

The hours are odd, but that's inevitable with the time difference.

"ESL teacher part time"

I worked at QKids part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, sweet children, supportive staff when they respond on service desk

Cons

communication barrier- the ways of communicating changed, leading to me being let go without any warning or change to fix situation. Really sad and frustrating because I truly enjoyed this job.

Advice to Management

I think with your current employees, set expectations on where you will be communicating important information. Also if there is an issue with employee, addressing how the employee can fix it before terminating them. Things changed constantly within the programs, issues occurred with software and the employees are patient- so I would expect that of management as well.

"TEACHER"

Current Employee - Teacher in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Teacher in New Haven, CT

I have been working at QKids part-time

Pros

Qkids has so many good qualities that I have witnessed since joining the company in May 2017. I teach between 20 and 30 classes a week for Qkids and it has been the best experience working that I have ever gone through. I am 54 years old and worked as a medical device surgical sales specialist for 30 years for some of the biggest healthcare companies in the world and none of my past experiences can come close to how I feel after teaching a class for Qkids. Everything is all setup from the state of the art software to the entire Qkids staff support team. I am grateful for this opportunity to teach as a second career in my mid 50s . The pay is good, the staff is flexible and the children are teachable. The students have the ability and the desire to learn. The biggest pro as a Teacher is seeing the world through the children 's eyes. I learn as much from them as they do from me and that sis the biggest reward of this position.

Cons

Not one complaint. If you cant make there simple requirement of a 4.75 rating then perhaps you need to chose another profession.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and thank you for the platform than enables me to teach your beautiful children. Bravo QKids

"Amazing Kids! Amazing Parents! Amazing Management!"

Current Employee - English Teacher in North Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - English Teacher in North Muskegon, MI

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A typical day at JiuQu/QKids usually only lasts a couple of hours. You show up five minutes before class in the teacher program provided by JiuQu/QKids and teach approximately 8-12 activities per session. The kids are amazing and so smart! A lot of the students also have English-speaking parents present to help along their kiddos! it is nice to see such great support from the parents :)

Management is amazing. Everyone I have interacted with has been very professional and always willing to help! They are very good at keeping their teachers happy!!! I can't stress this enough: if you have an issue, say something so they can help!!!

Workplace culture is laid back yet professional. I feel almost no stress working here because everything is so well organized and all of the employees are so knowledgeable.

The most enjoyable part is working with the children! They are so fun, smart and have vibrant personalities! After teaching in elementary schools for the past two years, this opportunity has been much more flexible and stress-free. I highly recommend interviewing with JiuQu/QKids if you are looking for consistent part-time work that pays on time!

Cons

I have yet to see any cons. Management is the most flexible and supportive I have ever had in my professional career!

Advice to Management

You guys ROCK!!! Keep up the great work!

"A good, lucrative side-hustle"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher
    Current Employee - Online English Teacher

I have been working at QKids part-time

Pros

Pay is fair ($16-$20 and hour), and hours are flexible. I work as many as 10 hour/week during the school year, 20 hours/week during the Summer.

Cons

Hours can be a bit rough. Early classes start at 5:40am.