QKids Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Waking up early can be hard but gets easier with time (in 11 reviews)

• There are some technical issues but that is expected (in 21 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredible Company!"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

QKids offers great part-time hours that allow you to finish teaching every early in the day.
    The QKids staff is amazing, and I cannot rave enough about how wonderful they treat their employees and how kind they are to work for.
    The children are very sweet and enjoyable to work with.
    With small classes, it's very easy to interact and provide one-on-one attention during class.
    There is no lesson planning or grading-a teacher's dream!
    This job has great (and consistent) pay and scheduling.

Cons

Although it's not really a con, I wish I could teach more classes! With the time difference, teaching four classes a day is standard. It is perfect as a part-time position though!
    Also, once in a while it can be a struggle to be engaging at 6am, but it is definitely worth it.

Advice to Management

You have been such a blessing to me, and I am very grateful for the consistent and kind manner in which you interact with your teachers. Keep it up!

Mar 20, 2018 – BD

Thank you so much for the input! We appreciate your support very much.

"GREATEST PART TIME JOB EVER"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Orlando, FL

I have been working at QKids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

reliable, intuitive, easy, stress-free, fun, worthwhile, rewarding, fair pay, good management

Cons

full time only available in the summer and winter holidays

Advice to Management

find a way to do 5 classes in the morning instead of 4. That's an extra $300 a month for someone doing 7 days a week.

May 16, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your honest feedback! We appreciate your advice. We will have a lesson schedule for more classes soon during the summer time. Happy teaching!

"Teaching Qkids in China is Fun"

Current Employee - Online ESL Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Online ESL Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

2 Weekly bonuses based on attendance and performance, pays on time, great cooperation with admins and trainers, nice referral bonus, other income opportunities, classes are prepared in advance, company fills classes with students, competitive pay, contests throughout the year, all-expense paid trips to China for those who are accepted, fun classes, they provide three months where there are more hours which can double or triple your take home pay those months

Cons

paid monthly, class schedule sometimes change on short notice, some children are not placed in correct classes,

Advice to Management

Give at least one day notice of class changes, students who arrive late to class should not be able to give ratings for their teacher

May 16, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your honest comment and your understanding of occasional change of class schedule due to student reservation cancellation.
    If you encounter students who are not in the... More

"Best online teaching company!"

Current Employee - Home-based Online English Teacher in Bangor, ME
    Current Employee - Home-based Online English Teacher in Bangor, ME

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Qkids is professional, open to feedback and truly kind. They work around your schedule. The training is thorough, fun, and interactive. The students are wonderful! The platform is constantly evolving and is easy to understand for instructors and very interactive for the students. The lessons are engaging and so thorough that they do not necessitate large out of pocket teacher expenses for lesson enhancers. Other online companies require such extras. The pay is very good, especially considering that no paperwork or lengthy written feedback is required after lessons are taught. I have been with the company almost one year, and I am excited to teach every day!

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Your company's commitment to both the students and teachers is what makes Qkids the best online English learning platform!

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for encouraging review. We are striving to perfect our platform and service every day and we will definitely keep our commitment in mind!

"Excellent Job! Very fun!"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Bedford, OH
    Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Bedford, OH

I have been working at QKids part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Fun to work with kids
    - Bonus pay
    - Extremely flexible hours

Cons

- So far no cons that I have run into

Advice to Management

You start off at $16 an hour although when the job is offered it says that you will make $20 an hour. It would be nice to know that up front and also to know how you can achieve the pay increase.

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your helpful advice. Our base payment is $16 per hour and teachers can make $20 per hour if they reach the requirements for the performance bonus and attendance bonus. Please... More

"An exceptional educational outfit to work for!"

Current Employee - Educator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Educator in New York, NY

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very talented staff. Very supportive organization. Cutting edge, creative curricula, with constant improvements. Many work hours are available. Very responsive staff in the event of needs, technical failures or issues with students. Absolutely dependable compensation. This is a group of highly skilled and devoted professionals who exhume enthusiasm for the job and passion for the kids. I look forward to each class, special project, and interaction with staff!

Cons

Vulnerability to parents or children moods in terms of bonus ratings. However, it's been a very rare issue. Most parents and children are excited and supportive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work and nurturing atmosphere for both students and teachers. Do interact with parents and students in terms of ratings and interaction with teachers.

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your heart-melting comment! We will keep your advice in mind and take it into action if possible.

"Loveeee This compay"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Allentown, PA

I have been working at QKids part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom to create your own work schedule, classes are fun, kids are cute, and staff are very understanding

Cons

The only con is I wish they offered more hours

Advice to Management

Stay awesome!

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

We are glad to hear your comments. Thank you very much for your constant support!

"Best company i've worked for! Flexible hours and friendly staff!"

Current Employee - Qkids Online ESL Teacher in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Qkids Online ESL Teacher in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, excellent platform that is super fun! I love teaching in the platform and the kids do as well!
    Very interactive and overall a great company to work for.
    Great interview process, the staff are so laid back that you won't feel nervous at all. Very understanding.
    They offer many other ways for you to make extra cash like contests and summer camp is fun. I have so many great things to say but I rather you join than read my review because I can go on and on and on :)

Cons

I wish there are more hours so I can do this full time :)

Advice to Management

Please add more hours I would love to do this full time :)
    Communication is great and very supportive staff.

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

We truly appreciate your sincere comment and constant support! We are glad that you love teaching with Qkids. We will add more hours during summer time and Chinese winter break. Thank you again for... More

"Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their class times work with my college schedule really well. Company is very flexible and understanding when wifi goes out, family gets sick, and schedules and plans change. It's fun and the platform is easy to use!
    I like the fb groups, too!

Cons

It's somewhat of a long interview process. Need an ethernet cable and headset.

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

We are glad to hear your honest comments. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Happy teaching!

"Teacher"

I worked at QKids part-time

Pros

work from home
    flexible schedule

Cons

tough hours if you have a full time job

Advice to Management

communicate with your staff better about expectations

May 3, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for sharing your comment.
    We do understand that the hours are difficult due to the time difference between China and North America if you have a full-time job. Hence, we offer a... More