QKids Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You can work from home and basically set your own hours" (in 35 reviews)

• "The pay is great for minimal hours" (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some technical issues but that is expected" (in 24 reviews)

• "It limits the amount of hours to teach to either very early morning or late at night" (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"An Incredible Company!"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

QKids offers great part-time hours that allow you to finish teaching every early in the day.
    The QKids staff is amazing, and I cannot rave enough about how wonderful they treat their employees and how kind they are to work for.
    The children are very sweet and enjoyable to work with.
    With small classes, it's very easy to interact and provide one-on-one attention during class.
    There is no lesson planning or grading-a teacher's dream!
    This job has great (and consistent) pay and scheduling.

Cons

Although it's not really a con, I wish I could teach more classes! With the time difference, teaching four classes a day is standard. It is perfect as a part-time position though!
    Also, once in a while it can be a struggle to be engaging at 6am, but it is definitely worth it.

Advice to Management

You have been such a blessing to me, and I am very grateful for the consistent and kind manner in which you interact with your teachers. Keep it up!

Mar 20, 2018 – BD

Thank you so much for the input! We appreciate your support very much.

2. "Wonderful company to work for! Very nice staff and easy to work with."

I have been working at QKids part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay. Able to work from home and teach wonderful kids!

Cons

Very few cons. The main con is that there are limited hours.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your sincere feedback! We are constantly striving to better ourselves as always and looking into ways to offer more hours for our best teachers like you! Hope you enjoy your... More

3. "Amazing Flexibility"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Miami, FL

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are so helpful and welcoming. I have been working for them for almost a year and they are always willing to answer your questions in the quickest way possible. They also allow you to have a flexible schedule, if you need to take a day off you can tell them at least 24 hours before without penalty. Other companies require you to give them at least a two week notice before requesting time off. Therefore, Qkids matches my schedule the best, when I need to take time off for studying or if plans change at the last minute. The teaching platform is very innovative and fun to use when teaching the kids. They are always so happy and eager to learn.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons, the only issue is the time difference between China and the USA. It limits the amount of hours to teach to either very early morning or late at night.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome to your teachers! They are always there to listen and help out. This creates such a nice work environment to be a part of.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your valuable input! We are constantly striving to better ourselves as always! We are only lucky to have you in ou Qkids family~ Hope you enjoy teaching~

4. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at QKids (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to work with. Very Understanding staff

Cons

There are some slow times when you won't have very many classes to teach.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your valuable input and your understanding during slow time! We are constantly striving to better ourselves as always! Happy teaching!

5. "Wonderful."

Current Employee - Teacher in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Teacher in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome staff, trainers, everything. Laid back.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your sincere comments~ We are glad to have you in our Qkids family. We truly appreciate your effort, devotion, and support for our Qkids family! Happy teaching~

6. "SO FAR SO GOOD!"

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy. No grading or lesson planning. Very fun engaging platform. Ways to check how much you have earned and the bonuses you get.

Cons

Early in the morning.

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your honest feedback~ We truly appreciate your devotion and support for our Qkids family! We are lucky to have you in our Qkids family. Happy teaching~

7. "Good"

Pros

Part-time, sweet kids, small classes

Cons

Timely communication with staff

Oct 12, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you very much for your valuable input. Thank you for your understanding of the communication lag due to the time differences! We are always trying to better ourselves in every aspect all the... More

"Great Job"

Current Employee - English Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - English Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home and basically set your own hours. I have a full time job so the times actually fit well with my schedule. The staff is always helpful and understanding when things come up, and you can not attend a lesson. The kids are usually eager to learn, and as a result easy to teach. Lessons are all prepared by the company, so only minimal prep work is required.

Cons

There are some technical issues from time to time with the program, but they have been improving lately. During the off- peak season it can be harder to get a full schedule, but as I have another job it is not really an issue for me. So I would not recommend Qkids as a sole source of income. You do need some flexibility as weird things can happen during lessons, and on occasion you will have a very young child who does not want to be there.

Advice to Management

No advice, I think they do a good job of reading taking criticism and adjusting their policies accordingly. As an example, the change from the often complained about number rating to the feedback tags.

Sep 6, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your valuable input! We truly appreciate all your efforts and your understanding of our company! We are constantly striving to better our platform and service for our dearest... More

"Don't do it!"

I worked at QKids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working with the students! Most of them were open to learning and it was fun interacting with them. I also enjoyed that not only was this a software based platform, but all you had to do was send them your weekly schedule and they would base your hours on that.

Cons

So many cons......
    1. You are good enough for the Summer hustle and bustle, but when the school year starts, you will be reduced to 5/6 classes a week, if you are lucky! Then, they pack the classes with the max number of students.
    2. The children/parents can leave you feedback but you cannot leave their child feedback. Thankfully, I received mostly good reviews but yet I felt like I couldn't respond/defend myself the few times that I did receive a negative review.
    3. Communication with management is poor and infrequent.
    4. When I was first hired, I was told that I could earn up to $10 a class. You get a base of $8 and then you can earn a $1 for showing up and a $1 for your performance. When the summer ended, they ended up changing it so that you would NOT receive a performance bonus if you worked less then 15 classes a week, yet they set the number of classes! And I NEVER was assigned 15 or more classes a week! I had perfect performance and yet couldn't receive that extra $1. Then, when you have a no show or nobody is assigned to that class, you will not receive the bonuses either anymore.
    5. And be prepared to have parents yelling in the background or even the foreground. I had so many parents that would yell, and I would have to teach/talk over them. The most traumatizing yet was a mother who was hitting her child! Poor kid! I reported it all but was only told to have a nice day?!?!
    6. Expect glitches! The software can be faulty but they will blame it on your computer/internet connection! I have a 300 mbps connection, so no, it is not me. There were times too that I would be in a classroom, and the software would kick me out, but I would be punished for it!
    7. They have also started a background check, so if you have anything on your record, do not waste the time applying either.
    8. During the summer, expect to be burned out if you want to make any money.

"I Love Qkids"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at QKids full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are so easy to work with. The staff is very friendly!

Cons

I'm finding it hard to get the hours I need since the regular school season has begun.

Sep 6, 2018 – Marketing Representative

Thank you so much for your valuable input! We are always striving to better our platform and service for our dearest teachers! We appreciate that you understand the decrease in student signups when... More