QLS Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they let you wear casual clothing to work every day of the week like flip flops and shorts with t-shirts

Cons

the office is a hectic place to work and most positions are under staffed and the pay is low for the work they ask to be performed

Advice to Management

the best thing for management to do would be to give higher wages and better benefits and allow people to work from home

2. "Don't do it, only if you are desperate and need money"

Former Employee - Processing Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Processing Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp (More than a year)

Pros

• Work in Banker's Hill and can take your lunch in Balboa Park
    • Don't have to take your work home with you -- no emails after hours, which I LOVED
    • Great benefits
    • Got PTO and very flexible with asking for vacation time off
    • Depending who is your supervisor they will bring the team goodies like bagels, cookies or snacks
    • They pretend the dresscode is strict but you will be fine with jeans (actually some people wore see-through leggings) flip-flops, and a casual shirt.
    • The super high up management isn't bad, they are actually really nice! The ones that are bad are the TSO's

Cons

• I worked with horrible people - except for my team. If you aren't with a good supervisor/manager you will hate your life
    • Upper management were horrible -- I'm talking an hour late rolling in with wet hair, then leaving at 3 p.m.
    • You will have to fight with your team for holidays off -- like who is working Christmas and New Years Eve until 5 p.m.
    • Very click-y
    • NO GROWTH! I was there for 2 years and was in the same position with maybe like a 25 cent raise
    • Parking isn't that bad, it will just take you awhile to find a spot depending on what time you get there. I liked parking in Balboa Park. It was always guaranteed

Advice to Management

PLEASE open your eyes to the people you promoted into management positions. Also if that rude red-head receptionist is there: fire her. She was the worst! So rude and actually yelled at me numerous of times and rolled her eyes at me visibly. She shouldn't be the first one you see when you walk in the building.

3. "Cash Management Clerk"

I worked at QLS Corp part-time

Pros

One thing I enjoyed about QLS was that I was assigned projects that I had the opportunity to complete. To learn more parts of the system and eventually be able to do it all on my own.

Cons

The cons are that it felt as though I was working in a dungeon. The accounting department was in the basement and the work space was divided between cubicles. It was not an appealing experience unless you enjoying working in privacy all day.

Advice to Management

It's time to liven up the accounting department. Open it up and make employees feel like they are not just a unit of the company.

4. "Processing Clerk"

Current Employee - Processing Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Processing Clerk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QLS Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Coworkers. For the most part, everyone seems to be chill and friendly (sure, there will the occasional short-tempered grump but that's a given at any place). I lucked out and have awesome coworkers and supervisors who were always willing to help when I needed it. (I think we all realize we're in the same situation so helping each other will make the day more pleasant and efficient).

2. Downtown. There's a lot of restaurants and eateries nearby so lunch can be a fun food adventure with coworkers. (Just make sure to watch the scale!)

3. Autonomy. For most of the day, you are left alone to complete your work (if you know what you're doing, but you can always ask for help). Then again, I had the luck of not having a supervisor who micromanages.

4. Upward mobility. There are definitely avenues to grow in the company, if you want it. For example, you can ask your supervisor to take on more responsibilities and use that experience to apply for a higher position. It's okay though, you won't be pressured to "move up or move out" so it all depends on what you want out of the company.

5. Overtime. Not sure what the other review was talking about but most of us are hourly employees so we definitely get overtime pay if we work more than 40 hours in the week. (And yes, overtime opportunities are usually available.)

6. Work/life balance. I never had to bring work home with me, and I could simply continue where I left off the previous day.

Cons

1. The work can be repetitive (imagine copying and pasting the same thing over and over again from the beginning to the end of your shift) so it definitely takes a certain personality to be able to manage this kind of work (data entry) for an extended period of time. Personally, I didn't mind because focusing on getting the tasks done made the time seem to go by faster in the office.

2. Parking. It's downtown, what do you expect? Luckily, there's abundant parking (usually) at the adjacent Balboa Park...just make sure to be aware of the signs and note which sections will have street sweeping on certain days. Sixth avenue can get busy with fast cars so just be careful when crossing. You could also try to relocate to a better spot during lunch too (when everyone else leaves for lunch).

3. Workplace politics. I'm just putting this here even though it exists at any workplace. This is just my personal perception, but I did not really notice any cutthroat competition or favoritism....then again, I lucked out with an awesome team (see pros section).

4. Pay. I can't really complain though since the work is easy (for the most part), and I am at an entry-level position. At this point, you just want to build the experience and use that as leverage for more pay in the future (at a difference place, if necessary).

5. Phones. This is just me, but I hate dealing with difficult/emotional people on the phone. It depends on your experience and personality, but I personally did not like it. I'm talking about external phone calls, not inter-departmental calls (which is no big deal for me).

Advice to Management

I don't really have advice to management (especially since I don't really see or interact with the higher management) so I'll just use this space for other comments and thoughts...

1. My experience is based on the downtown location for this company. (I can't say what it's like for Mission Valley).

2. Despite the other negative reviews you've read here, I actually enjoy working here. Most of my coworkers were around the same age as me so we could relate to a lot of things and also built friendships here.

3. Just to comment about point #2, I think your experience working here depends on several factors: the personalities of your team members, the department you work in (some are more chill/busy than others), location (downtown vs Mission Valley), etc.

4. If you can moderately multi-task and know how to use a computer (Microsoft Office + Internet) which I'm sure most millennials do then you do fine over here. Having decent people skills helps too.

5. Make sure to give yourself a time buffer to find parking, lol.

"Poor Employee Morale, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Worker in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Worker in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp (More than a year)

Pros

Casual work attire. They don't want to pay overtime, so life/work balance is no problem.

Cons

Management has no loyalty to its employees and coworkers have no loyalty to each other. It's a dog eat dog mentality that starts at the top.

Advice to Management

You'd be able to keep better people if you cared about your employees. Better pay, better training, better commitment to advancement opportunities. You don't care. If they leave, hire another at low pay is your motto.

"Stressful job at disorganized company"

Former Employee - Assistant TSO in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant TSO in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get a job here. Easy to maintain a job here because they fire almost no one.

Cons

Over the top stress. We were treated like grade schoolers with arbitrary rules and given no meaningful training. HR was a joke and made no efforts to improve things even after receiving employee engagement survey feedback. Management always made us feel like we should just shut up and be thankful to have a job. Management was not friendly and constantly changing their mind on "compliance" initiatives. Katie Jo Keeling and Andrew Boylan would smile in meetings and present us with different ways to do the same tasks on a monthly basis. It was exhausting, illogical, and seemed like a bad way to do business, even from the staff's perspective. They used password protected websites to house staff instructions for tasks that we could not access, which makes absolutely no sense. Also way too many emails and client systems to maintain on a daily basis. This was the most stressful job I have ever had.

Advice to Management

I understand management has changed now.

7. "Title Resolution Specialist"

Former Employee - Title Resolution Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Title Resolution Specialist in San Diego, CA

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. The people are very efficient. The management is always helpful.

Cons

There is some disorganization. Nothing else.

"Bored hampsters"

Current Employee - Foreclosure Support Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Foreclosure Support Clerk in San Diego, CA

I have been working at QLS Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing is having fun with coworkers everyday at lunch break and happy hour downtown. This is a young group of people who are fun to work with. it is easy to make lifelong friends. You also have flexibility and an easy schedule depending on your manager.

Cons

The work is really boring. You need to take a break every 30 minutes to keep from falling asleep. Under the old company president Katie Jo Keeling our jobs used to change all the time without an explanation, which was hard and stressful. it is better now under new more stable leadership who understand our day-to-day processes and are working to improve things. There is still an undertone of distrust like everyone is always playing the blame game, but you are fine so long as someone in management has your back. Another big con for anyone looking for a longterm fit is the really bad communication, including never listening to employee feedback.

Advice to Management

The pay is below the market rate, which has to be known. Behave like professionals. Stop spending a big part of your day reading employee emails and start trying to make a real positive difference for the company and its clients. Believe it or not, we do notice when you reference information contained in emails not addressed to you. Refuse to put any quote on a wall or in an email tag-line that you do not live out yourself. Better parking will help with retaining employees.

9. "Fast moving and growing company"

Former Employee - Tso in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Tso in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Able to move up rapidly within the company

Cons

Workload is increased drastically if you do a good job. Sometimes without notice

Advice to Management

Reward your good employees with support.

10. "ACCOUNTS PAYABLE/BILLING CLERK"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Clerk in San Diego, CA

I worked at QLS Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible,Good Learning Experience,Good Health Benefits

Cons

Horrible Upper Management & Pay,gossip,favoritisim, high turn over, hard to move up,double standards

Advice to Management

Listen to you empolyees, Stop PROMOTING your personal friends for Management positions,pay attention to whose really doing the work