QPS Employment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Scott A. Mayer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company hosts an annual meeting for all internal employees to provide an update on our company and the overall staffing industry (in 6 reviews)

• Great company to work for competitive wages with options for benefits (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Previous upper management was great, should have stuck with JR (in 7 reviews)

• No home/work life balance, lower tiered employees are treated like dirt and like they mean nothing, it's a popularity contest (in 3 reviews)

1. "Dishwasher"

Former Employee - Cook/Dishwasher/Customer Service Representative/Prep in Davenport, IA

I worked at QPS Employment Group (Less than a year)

Pros

There good people to work with an they keep good jobs

Cons

They pay good money an keep good jobs

Advice to Management

Na

2. "Administrative assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like my position for Qps. I like the hours and pay and people I work with.

Cons

There isn't any cons, I'm just looking for a part-time position as a second job.

3. "Recruiter"

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time

Pros

Great company that takes great care of their employees.

Cons

Base pay could be higher.

4. "Amin"

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time

Pros

good benefits, great co workers, great support with school

Cons

They could maybe up the pay more

Advice to Management

Maybe pay more attention to employees concerns/opinions

5. "Executives Care!"

Current Employee - Internal Recruiter in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Internal Recruiter in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

QPS cares about how their employees view them. We are asked to do several surveys a year so they know how we're feeling on many topics from how we view our benefits to do we feel like we have a best friend or a person we can go to at our job. They care so much that they have our Executives and Head Quarter Managers touring all regions to listen to our concerns and answer questions. I feel valued and that they truly do care about us.

Cons

Pay could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Keep showing that you care

6. "Branch Manager"

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and often have attainable goals for bonuses. Fair amount of support from supervisors.

Cons

Sales staff and Service staff are rarely on the same page.

"Management doesn't listen to it's employee's"

Former Employee - Placement Coordinator
    Former Employee - Placement Coordinator

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay, Great co-workers, Great Clients, Annual meeting is a fun way to see who you communicate with.

Cons

New Management doesn't take time to understand how each branch operates. What works in one region may not work in another. Instead of adding more work to the already growing list of things to do as a recruiter. Also if you get on their bad side for standing up for yourself, you get fired. You can't go to management with a concern or complaint without the fear of losing your job. Previous upper management was great, should have stuck with JR.

Advice to Management

Actually Listen to your recruiters and sales team. Take the time to know your employees, talking over the phone or having 2 or 3 conversations over email doesn't count. Listen to their concerns even if you don't feel like it's a big deal, it is to them. Maybe spend more than an hour in a branch that you feel is failing to see the issues they are concerned with. Also if you feel like someone is negative, how about doing what they ask and talk to them about why they feel that way instead of just firing them. Talk to their coworkers and clients they worked with on a daily basis to see if they feel the same, when they all disagree with your opinion then maybe you are the issue. Each office has the same complaints, but won't stand up and say it because if you get on your Regional VP's bad side he'll just fire you.
    Also if you open a new branch 15-30 miles from your clients maybe before moving you should have new clients in the new area. It's hard to recruit for positions that are far away with candidate that have no transportation.

"It's a job."

Current Employee - Internal
    Current Employee - Internal

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time

Pros

You'll find some of the most hardworking, caring, and kind coworkers ever internally at QPS.

Cons

I'm making pennies and I have two student loans to pay off. I wouldn't be complaining but I work SO hard because we are always short handed at my branch. I haven't heard one person say they're happy within the past 3-4 months because of our insane workload at our branch. Actually, I've heard the opposite and I know quite a few people at my branch are job hunting. I don't feel like I will advance here because they either pick favorites or they pick people based on their numbers only, which is a horrible business model. It just makes me sad, because when I started this job I absolutely loved it. Now, I'm not too sure..

Advice to Management

Look at your employees. Look at the work they're doing for you every. single. day. and instead of only seeing the BAD things that come up in this huge branch, remember all of the GOOD things we do to keep this busy place running 24/7.

QPS Employment Group Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback; it’s important to us. We strive to have an inclusive culture in which growth is celebrated. We want your experience to be a positive one. If you are comfortable, please... More

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Placement Coordinator
    Current Employee - Placement Coordinator

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of good training and room to grow. This company is full of many good people.

Cons

Can stressfull hard work at times.

"Popularity Contest"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Elkhorn, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Elkhorn, WI

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money

Cons

Advice to Management

Look at what is really going on in your branch offices rather than just taking the branch managers work for it.

QPS Employment Group Response

Dec 8, 2016 – Human Resources

QPS is a place where we work hard to do our best for our clients and employees, alike. Knowing this, we reward our hard-working employees while striving to have work/life balance as well. We are... More