QPS Employment Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott A. Mayer

Pros
  • Company hosts an annual meeting for all internal employees to provide an update on our company and the overall staffing industry (in 6 reviews)

• Met some really great and talented people but a lot have left QPS (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Previous upper management was great, should have stuck with JR (in 7 reviews)

• No home/work life balance, lower tiered employees are treated like dirt and like they mean nothing, it's a popularity contest (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Placement Coordinator

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of good training and room to grow. This company is full of many good people.

Cons

Can stressfull hard work at times.

"Management doesn't listen to it's employee's"

Former Employee - Placement Coordinator
    Former Employee - Placement Coordinator

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Weekly Pay, Great co-workers, Great Clients, Annual meeting is a fun way to see who you communicate with.

Cons

New Management doesn't take time to understand how each branch operates. What works in one region may not work in another. Instead of adding more work to the already growing list of things to do as a recruiter. Also if you get on their bad side for standing up for yourself, you get fired. You can't go to management with a concern or complaint without the fear of losing your job. Previous upper management was great, should have stuck with JR.

Advice to Management

Actually Listen to your recruiters and sales team. Take the time to know your employees, talking over the phone or having 2 or 3 conversations over email doesn't count. Listen to their concerns even if you don't feel like it's a big deal, it is to them. Maybe spend more than an hour in a branch that you feel is failing to see the issues they are concerned with. Also if you feel like someone is negative, how about doing what they ask and talk to them about why they feel that way instead of just firing them. Talk to their coworkers and clients they worked with on a daily basis to see if they feel the same, when they all disagree with your opinion then maybe you are the issue. Each office has the same complaints, but won't stand up and say it because if you get on your Regional VP's bad side he'll just fire you.
    Also if you open a new branch 15-30 miles from your clients maybe before moving you should have new clients in the new area. It's hard to recruit for positions that are far away with candidate that have no transportation.

"It's a job."

Current Employee - Internal
    Current Employee - Internal

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time

Pros

You'll find some of the most hardworking, caring, and kind coworkers ever internally at QPS.

Cons

I'm making pennies and I have two student loans to pay off. I wouldn't be complaining but I work SO hard because we are always short handed at my branch. I haven't heard one person say they're happy within the past 3-4 months because of our insane workload at our branch. Actually, I've heard the opposite and I know quite a few people at my branch are job hunting. I don't feel like I will advance here because they either pick favorites or they pick people based on their numbers only, which is a horrible business model. It just makes me sad, because when I started this job I absolutely loved it. Now, I'm not too sure..

Advice to Management

Look at your employees. Look at the work they're doing for you every. single. day. and instead of only seeing the BAD things that come up in this huge branch, remember all of the GOOD things we do to keep this busy place running 24/7.

Feb 17, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback; it’s important to us. We strive to have an inclusive culture in which growth is celebrated. We want your experience to be a positive one. If you are comfortable, please ... More

"Popularity Contest"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Elkhorn, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Elkhorn, WI

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to make money

Cons

Advice to Management

Look at what is really going on in your branch offices rather than just taking the branch managers work for it.

Dec 8, 2016 – Human Resources

QPS is a place where we work hard to do our best for our clients and employees, alike. Knowing this, we reward our hard-working employees while striving to have work/life balance as well. We are ... More

6. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefit And Frequent Bonuses

Cons

Long Work Hours,stressful and repetitive environment

Advice to Management

Provide More Hand on Training

"Horrible Managers"

I worked at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses and annual meeting are about the only good things about this company. There are some good co-workers but most managers are the reason why those talented employees leave.

Cons

The management there is ridiculous. The managers and assistant managers have no idea what they are doing. They are the sole reason why I left the company. An entire department turned over in a years time because of the managers and none of the upper management blinked an eye. They are rude and unprofessional. They undermine their staff and don't listen to them or their ideas. HR has been told about these managers multiple times and has done nothing to change that. Even having a stack of files in HR doesn't mean you will get fired or demoted.

The company spends money on external marketing firms when they have a marketing department internally so instead of spending money to educate and enhance those minds they waste it on someone else telling them what to do.

There is no advancement opportunity because you aren't allowed to try and learn more. You are basically told what to do even if it doesn't make sense.

The pay is extremely low for the work that is done all over the entire company and departments.

There is no work/life balance. If you are sick the managers make you feel guilty that you called in. There is no working from home even though most of the work can be done from home. There is no sick time so you have to use your PTO which you don't earn very fast. People literally watch out their window and tell on you if you're even 1 min late.

I would never recommend this company to anyone. It is filled with politics and favoritism.

Advice to Management

You need to fire the dead weight managers that have been their forever and don't like change. Actually look at why people are leaving and change that. Realize you are losing and have lost amazingly talented people because of managers.

Pay people more. Stop requiring so much work or experience if you aren't going to pay a good salary.

Nov 9, 2016 – Human Resources

We are very sorry to hear about the concerns that you had while employed with us. QPS does have high expectations of our employees so that we can provide the best service possible to our associate ... More

8. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great upper management team. strive to be a great place to work, flexible schedules, really feel valued by upper level management. Do feel rewarded with cool perks throughout the year

Cons

pay seems a little low for the amount of revenue generated. Annual increases didn't seem to manage the quality of work put in during the previous year. The PTO accrual rate also seems a little low. Change happens very slow

Advice to Management

Be better or more proactive in retaining talent. Too many solid producers leave the company. Things need to move at a faster pace when it comes to promotions or relocation opportunities

9. "Great atmosphere and room for growth"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant

Pros

QPS Employment Group has a great atmosphere and a very welcoming environment. I felt as if I was part of the team the minute I was offered employment. I am constantly being given opportunities to learn, and there is a lot of room for individual growth in this company. They have given me any information I need for my job, but also allow me to be innovative and creative to find new ways of doing things better. The office locations are very convenient; I have lived in many different areas of IA and WI and have never been too far from a branch.

Cons

I haven't really dealt with many cons so far in my career. Travel is required for some positions.

10. "Great Company"

Pros

I have never worked for a better company than QPS. The environment is very friendly, the co-workers are wonderful, and upper management and the officers really care about the well-being of the company and all of the employees. They are always thinking of ways to surprise the employees, whether it be monetary or just a nice "thank you" every once in a while. QPS also really takes pride in helping the employees grow into new roles with their legacy program. Also, there is a great referral program and a handful of great benefits.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

11. "Great family friendly company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at QPS Employment Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an internal employee of QPS the pay is good and the hours are flexible. They know that you have a life outside of work and are flexible with time off. The company executives are great and seem to really care about you as a person and care about your development. There are many opportunities to move up especially if you are willing to relocate. They send out random gifts and snacks to the offices and give bonuses every once in a while for no reason. The annual meeting rocks! Best company I have ever worked for!!

Cons

Can be a stressful job sometimes as your clients are always looking for workers and they are getting harder and harder to find.

Advice to Management

None. Keep doing what you're doing!