QS/1 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tammy Devine

1. "Great benefits and people, not so great politics"

Pros

The benefits of this company are amazing. We pay $10 a check for individual healthcare if we use their doctors (located a block away in corporate building), we get a profit sharing bonus each year and 15% of our salary contributed to our 401k (if we contribute 5%).

Cons

There is sometimes still the good ol' boy system in place where they go ahead and decide which male they want for the position even before posting it. That gets a little discouraging when trying to advance.

Advice to Management

Be fair and honest when picking people to fill positions and don't just do it by the good ol boy system.

2. "QS/1 Data Systems"

I worked at QS/1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, laid-back supervisor/regional manager, company car with unlimited gas for personal use

Cons

Not many opportunities for advancement in the company (unless you're working at QS/1 HQ in Spartanburg, SC)

Advice to Management

Management and the company as a whole needs to better keep up with new technologies and innovations.

3. "QS/1 Data Systems"

Pros

Great people that go out of their way to help each other accomplish their goals. Good company benefits including matching 401k, company cars, phones and laptops.

Cons

The company is stuck in the past and is slow to respond to customer needs. Their solutions are antiquated and upper management is slow to respond to market trends.

5. "Hardware Support Tech"

Former Employee - Hardware Support Technician in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - Hardware Support Technician in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at QS/1 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, such as health care, retirement (401k) contributed by company.

Cons

Upper management is clueless to the goings on of average employees. Little to no advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Get off of the pedestal and come down to where the company started out.

6. "Great company to work for"

Pros

This company is really good to their employees and are active in the community. They match dollar-for-dollar charitable donations made by employees and buy gifts for foster/homeless kids at Christmas. Hours are consistent, benefits are awesome, salary is one of the best you'll find in the Spartanburg area, if not the best.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints. Obviously this is a job and some days will be better than others, but on the whole this is a great place to work

"Very old-fashioned company"

I have been working at QS/1 full-time

Pros

Office supplies, annual bonus, profit sharing, and an hour lunch. You'll always have a job as long as there are pharmacies dispensing drugs. You'll meet people who have been there forever, but it doesn't necessary mean they are happy.

Cons

Below average PTO, horrible health insurance, location. If you're new, this is a dog eat dog environment. People do not want to see you do well, they are looking forward to seeing you fail. This is not a company where you'll be able to grow. This is strictly a job and not some place for your career.

Advice to Management

Needs to be reorganized. Meaningless titles and positions that seem to overlap or have no purpose. Learn to boost morale. Work isn't divided fairly or appropriately.

8. "I've been here a long time, and I know it's a stable job, but it's also stagnant."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at QS/1 (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits package is very good. This is a historically stable company. There are few terminations, but that can be a con, too.

Cons

Promotion is next to impossible. Too much micro management. No freedom to do a good job without a babysitter taking credit.

Advice to Management

Identify, groom, and trust good employees.

9. "Better days are behind it"

Former Employee - USA in Spartanburg, SC
    Former Employee - USA in Spartanburg, SC

I worked at QS/1 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bonuses several times a year, Profit Sharing, 401K and Christmas. Just when you decide to move on, there's a bonus on the horizon.

Cons

Outdated management, ridiculous policies like dress code. The employee handbook has pictures of "inappropriate" hemlines and shoulder strap widths.
    No decisions are made with regard to business just do what a few people want who run the place.
    "New" people get confusing messages about how great it was at the "old" building, that was over 10 years ago move on.
    The company is on a dying a path and the competition is thriving causing strange new projects and lots of confusion. Customers are tired of calling about problems that never get fixed.
    The company has so many products that none are done well.

Advice to Management

Retire, replace senior management with professional business leaders to turn things around or
    Sell the company, return equity to the shareholders and cash out

10. "Great Company"

Pros

Great place to work. Everyone worked well together and were very helpful. I loved everything about working there. Only left because I became ill.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

11. "Hardware Technician"

I worked at QS/1 full-time

Pros

Amazing customers, good benefits and perks.

Cons

Management is prone to play favorites and micromanages employees, regardless of quality of work performed.

Advice to Management

Loosen the reins and let your employees work to their strengths and when asking questions, do not automatically treat the responses as "excuses" (especially when asking why a particular course of action was taken).