QTC Management Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
QTC Management CEO Grant Kim
Grant Kim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Helping veterans get their benefits (in 13 reviews)

• Helping veterans, some really great people (in 8 reviews)

Cons

1. "Helping Veterans at a good company"

Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at QTC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company does a very rewarding job of arranging disability exams for veterans to help them get their benefits from the VA. The company gives lots of incentives for hard work and has given a quarterly bonus the entire time I worked there. The Philadelphia office has wonderful hard working employees that make it very pleasant to come to work. It also helps to want to do a great job when you know and can talk to the people you are helping.

Cons

The amount of vacation/sick time is on the low side and the hours can sometimes be long. Sometimes corporate policies are changed frequently and can cause confusion.

Advice to Management

Allow some flexibility in work time and consider more incentives that give vacation time as an option.

"Case Specialist"

I have been working at QTC Management full-time

Pros

Great people
    Rewarding experience helping Veterans

Cons

Poor communication, a lot of back and forth.

3. "Nightmare"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at QTC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This was my first job so I tried to do well but it did not matter. I started looking for a new job after a month bc it was such a negative place and after two years I got one. Thank God! I learned that life doesn’t have to be so bad everyday. I gained so much weight and my health went downhill. I feel like it was a good way to learn the hard lessons of being able to endure things ...but I’m just glad I was lucky enough to get out. Others have to stay and endure.

Cons

Like I said there is nothing good about this place. It was like hell and I was lucky to get out.

Advice to Management

I was never so miserable in my entire life!

4. "Horrible Place to work"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I worked at QTC Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company paid for lunch from time to time .

Cons

All out school yard environment. Harassing and discriminating management team. Completely inconsistent training. No Standardization in anything done there. You will hear 5 different opinions from different trainers/ coaches when inquiring about how to handle things. Management will tell you to perform your daily job in a completely different manner from which the training/coaching team had instructed. Management does not value your knowledge or education level, and they take general questioning of daily functions as you questioning their competence. They have many highly qualified individuals working there in the lower levels, but they choose to promote people who are not knowledgeable into management positions and run off the really smart ones. Managers who view you as a threat, try to demoralize you, insult you, and antagonize you with every trick in the book. Just an all out horrible place to work. They have an extremely high turnover.

Advice to Management

The upper management and corporate should investigate the lower management locally.

"It’s No Longer About Helping Veterans."

Current Employee - Medical QA Specialist II in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Medical QA Specialist II in Phila, PA

I have been working at QTC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the option to work from home full time.

Cons

The philosophy changed from doing quality work to quantity over everything else. The CEO, COO and upper management are utterly clueless about what it takes on a day to day basis to do any job related to operations, yet they went to the VA with a contract bid cutting production time IN HALF and then acted surprised when the company as a whole failed miserably. Immediate supervisors and managers of the operations departments who are responsible for scheduling veterans exams and then checking the final reports from physicians are either grossly under qualified and clueless or just do not care anymore. They preach teamwork but often incentivize employees by pitting them against each other. The blatant favoritism from management to a handful of employees is overlooked even though it is pointed out by both people familiar with the company and outsiders. There is no longer a rigorous training program in place. A background in the medical field used to be necessary; now they hire whoever to keep warm bodies in the chair. More than 50% of new employees quit within the first 12 months. And QTC chooses to turn a blind eye.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your behinds and remember you’re not the only people who are put under constant pressure.

"Good people, good environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at QTC Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gives people a chance to really serve Veterans and be in a place where the basic goal is well communicated and rewards are both subtle and grand. A very comfortable place to be.

Cons

Sometimes gets TOO comfortable, interactions with outside providers can be annoying. A lot of redundant documentation.

7. "Great company"

I worked at QTC Management full-time

Pros

while working you felt you were part of a team. managers were nice and understanding.

Cons

a lot of people were hired on for a job that didnt follow through so about a dozen people were let go and i was one of them

8. "Favoritism is everywhere. It’s who you know that gets you noticed! (Diamond Bar - Bridgegate)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Diamond Bar, CA

I have been working at QTC Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Serving veterans first and foremost! Hard working and great staff and coworkers. Benefits are inline with the industry. Food, food and more food...

Cons

Newly hired senior leaders that lack experience and constantly demonstrates inappropriate behavior. Complaints are ignored by upper management and HR. Directors and other leaders that are always playing favorites.

Advice to Management

The C suite should take their blinders off and reevaluate the senior leaders they’ve entrusted their employees to. Don’t believe everything you hear. See for yourself.

9. "Hardworker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I worked at QTC Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Management was nice in the beginning and knew all the right things to say.

Cons

Once you got in, more Caucasians got increases and raises, favoritism, no profits were underpaid and overworked. Management were not team players. It's was all about quantity and not quality. A lot of people left due to negative reasons and QTC covered it up. Less minorities were hired. Management spent more time in meeting, , texting, and surging the internet than doing work. And they lie. Sacrifice your family and devote your life and time to the job.

Advice to Management

Stop being prejudice.

10. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator

I have been working at QTC Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

leadership communicates proactively to all staff. Strong teamwork, room to grow and be successful ;

Cons

Visits from Director would be helpful in feeling that he is in this with us