QTI Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Jay Loewi

"Employee Review"

Current Employee - Contract Laborer in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Contract Laborer in Madison, WI

Pros

I have worked off and on with QTI for 2 1/2 years. Contract/Temp labor conducive to individuals looking to travel or transition into other employment opportunities. Very attentive and supportive staff. Diverse employment settings span administrative, industrial, and hospitality labor venues. WEEKLY PAY!

Cons

Everything about QTI is straight forward...so the only cons prospective employees should experience is their own unpreparedness to break a sweat working hard in manual job settings. If you don't have a knack for it, you can't hack it.

Dec 7, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for your review and for being a loyal QTI employee!

2. "Poor Management - Temp Review"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Madison, WI
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Madison, WI

I have been working at QTI Group (Less than a year)

Pros

None, None, None, None. None, None, None, None, None, None, None

Could have gotten some but "None" come to mind.

Cons

Not sure of what happened to "Stand Behind our Employees" We as Temp have No Backing working for QTI. We just go to our Assignment and take whatever Happens. Can't go to QTI to Help resolve do to they are too afraid to Confront the Clients HR with Issues.

Advice to Management

Learn that without the People you will have No Job. Office Staff needs to go and work on the Line to see what kind of Issues that their Employees go through on a Daily Basis. Lets get back to Temps are People to and should be given the same respect as Full Time Employees. If you lose a Client it was meant to be, Maybe when they don't have extra help needed and start losing Their External Customer they will realize that they need to start working with the Staffing Agency on Their Issues of their own Employees to QTI Temps. Lets get out of the Standard that is Placed on Temps " Fill-Ins, Worthless, Short Timers "

Hire someone on "YOUR" Staff to take on some of the Assignments and go work for 2 Weeks at a Time, Then go back to your Client with the Issues of how He or She was Treated and how other QTI Temps are Treated.

Jul 28, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for taking time to provide your thoughts. Your feedback is extremely important. We strive to give everyone a positive experience and are always looking for opportunities to improve. If you ... More

3. "Excellent company with Great Team Members!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I have been working at QTI Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Down to earth and approachable employees from the friendly front desk all the way up to Management.
    Variety of job opportunities across multiple divisions from light industrial, advanced manufacturing, office and administrative, and executive and professional staffing.

Cons

more understanding of working across all divisions would be helpful

Jun 29, 2016 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback (and longtime support!). We appreciate it!

5. "QTI Group provides great opportunities."

Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Madison, WI
    Former Contractor - Independent Contractor in Madison, WI

I worked at QTI Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

QTI does a great job placing employees in clerical/admin temporary positions or light manufacturing jobs. I was hired as a full-time employee after working as an independent contractor for a client.

Cons

QTI tends to handle independent contractors in a one-size-fits-all manner rather than taking the time to assess skills and talents and finding opportunities that fit.

Advice to Management

Coach recruiters to better assess applicants and help them find job opportunities that fit their skills rather than having everyone take a typing test, for instance, when some applicants might not be looking for typing-related jobs.

"Former Technical Writer/Lead Technical Writer"

Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Madison, WI
    Former Contractor - Technical Writer in Madison, WI

I worked at QTI Group as a contractor

Pros

Very supportive of their contractors. Working for the QTI Group was a fantastic experience, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for contract work in the greater Madison, Wisconsin area.

Cons

QTI vetted and offered a job to another contractor who accepted and came to work on my project, who ended up not being a great fit, but you can't always know, 100%, how a new employee will perform until they get down into the weeds. Other than that, QTI had a great track record while I worked for them.

Nov 24, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing The QTI Group.

"DON'T DO IT!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Pros

Not sure there are any anymore.

Cons

Once HIGHLY regarded but as they have brought new "recruiters" in, they have lost their integrity, and will lose their reputation. New staff (QTI staff) need to be much better coached and trained. They have lost me as a longtime employee because they don't stand by their employees and hire incompetent staff people. I would rather be homeless and living out of my car then to ever use this agency again!

Advice to Management

You have lost the "personal" touch that you once had. I know it is a juggling act to please your clients and employees but when you have longstanding, good employees, who have always done a great job, show that you appreciate them! Don't let your GREED get in the way. You seem to now be more concerned with keeping your client happy than trying to do both. As we both know, good employees are hard to find but and when they feel unappreciated, they will leave. It can only benefit you and your clients to keep them and to keep them happy (within reason)

Sep 22, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated,

"Horrible experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Madison, WI

Pros

I have no pros for this company. Do not work for them!!!

Cons

Not a good company to work for. All they care about is the money... they don't care about you as an employee at all.

Advice to Management

Work on employee satisfaction!!!! As an employee for your company, you should care about me and respond to my emails and phone calls. All you care about is that check your receiving.

Sep 22, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. We value all of the talent we work with and place and would be very happy to discuss your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly qti@qstaff.com. Thank ... More

9. "QTI"

Current Employee - Assembler in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Assembler in Madison, WI

I have been working at QTI Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After every assignment ended, they always had another one in line for me to start.

Cons

It wasn't a permanent position.

10. "Good Source for Temporary Work"

Former Contractor - Secretary in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Contractor - Secretary in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at QTI Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to start working immediately without any training.

Cons

Somedays I was not sure if I would get work. They call you between 6:00a-8:00a each morning to let you know if there is someone who called out sick and you will need to go to a job assignment for that day.

11. "Good Group of People to Work For/With"

Current Contractor - Temporary Contractor
    Current Contractor - Temporary Contractor

I have been working at QTI Group as a contractor

Pros

Company has long history as a good corporate citizen within the community. Recruiters are able negotiators and courteous over the phone. They listen well and try hard to match your skill level with right positions and appropriate level of pay. You can always turn an assignment down or communicate with them if unexpected conditions turn up in the assignment or the client changes the job description. The longer you work with QTI the better they are able to raise your hourly pay in accord with more/higher level work experience and good past references. They sent out a simple survey to get employee opinion on organizational performance. Have recommended QTI to friends.

Cons

Not so much Cons as basic realities of working with an employment agency. Be prepared to start off with simple assignments to establish trust with QTI. There are slower times during the fiscal year and it's important to be signed up with more than one agency (not just QTI) to guarantee steady income. Clients have changing needs and so job assignment and length of assignment can also evolve or change. Recommend putting extra income in savings account for when an assignment runs shorter than expected. Expect to send QTI a new updated resume - particularly if you've done work elsewhere since your last assignment. Like other agencies, be prepared to interview and compete for higher wage assignments from clients expecting special expertise.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving and expanding number and range of clients. Keep sending out surveys to get feedback on compensation and work issues. Keep hiring and training good recruiters so that temporary workers remain loyal to your company.

Sep 22, 2015 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for feedback. It is appreciated.