QTS Reviews

• Part-time
2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chad Williams

Pros
  • There are some good people trying to perform technical work, even if it is just a very small percentage of this incredibly top heavy company (in 6 reviews)

• Lots of challenges since they are a fast growing company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management will lie to your face moments before showing you the door (in 5 reviews)

• This company is so top heavy, like an inverted pyramid, pointing in the direction that the company has been heading for years (in 4 reviews)

"Culture, Culture, Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Pros

It's rare to find a culture like we have at QTS. People can be themselves and bring their entire personality to work. We do a lot for the community and sincerely walk the talk. Are we perfect? Well no company is...but, it sure is nice to show up every day and be the same person at work that I am at home or at the store.

Cons

Fast growth can cause confusion in roles, but I see that as a good problem.

"Data Center Company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at QTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good compensation. Good Data Center Company

Cons

Not really a technology service company. Old South culture and doesn't value diversity and creativity. About 5 years back in products and services.

"There's a reason you keep seeing the word "clueless" in the reviews"

I worked at QTS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

OK if you want to keep your mouth shut and not question decisions or offer opinions.

Cons

Suffers from extremely bad and arrogant management going all the way to the top. The number of terrible decisions made by the executives is staggering and they'll do anything to make the company look better to investors. They love to claim that they're about family but on a number of occasions they let people go 2 weeks before Christmas so they could get salary off the books by year end. All-hands meetings were always uncomfortable due to the excessive references to God and Jesus - felt more like a cult than a company. Your opinions, criticisms, and ideas won't be welcomed.

Advice to Management

I could give a ton of advice to management but they would ignore every single word of it

"A GREAT PLACE TO GROW YOUR CAREER!!!"

I have been working at QTS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is growing quickly and it is great to be a part of something that can only get bigger! The core values are carried out from the top down and the people here are tremendous - always offering a helping hand and finding a solution instead of dwelling on a problem. One of the best parts of working here is the opportunity to gain a wide breadth of experience. Our roles are not at all in a solo, we work across departments, regions, and organizations in highly visible roles where we truly make an impact and our contributions are recognized.

Cons

Part of the growing pains of working with a mid-sized organization can be bandwidth constraints and benefit offerings. The HR department has done a good job of helping with this by adding additional support to our benefit plans, expanding existing plans, and adding new options. Additionally, we now have a recruiting department to assist with our exponential growth and are seeing several new positions added to the organization to support ongoing expansion.

Advice to Management

Keep providing opportunities for advancement and professional development.

"QTS is Greatttt!!!!"

Pros

The people I work with are awesome. The atmosphere is great. Moving into right direction.

Cons

Say they are one of the Top Datacenters in the US but pay like a mom and pop shop.

"Lucrative Career"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Suwanee, GA

I have been working at QTS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, Flexibility, Freedom. I work in the sales department so you either perform and make great $ and nobody bothers you or you don't and the opposite happens.

Cons

I really can't think of any major cons. I feel like the sales side of the house is all about personal responsibility. If I wanted to get really pick though I would say the insurance program is the worst thing about QTS. I've worked for smaller companies with better insurance with a much smaller premium.

Advice to Management

Promote me!

"Powered by people?"

I worked at QTS full-time

Pros

Some really great employees. Mostly friendly atmosphere. Flexibility.

Cons

Compensation is severely lacking when judged against the market. Talent and hard work is not rewarded or appreciated except if you're "in" with management. There is no opportunity for advancement, and no promotion from within, unless the company feels they can rip you off. If you're too qualified, too smart or too good at your job, you'll go nowhere. Though, that is good news for people that are unqualified to hold leadership positions, but can speak like they are. A lot of times, it feels like there are a bunch of used car salesmen running this "tech" company. Lack of true leadership, innovation or real direction. Over-emphasis on "Christian family values" makes for awkward situations and is outright annoying at company functions. Employees are largely treated as if they're stupid. Double-speak and slimy dishonesty are rampant throughout company meetings and functions. Meetings feel like going to a Pentecostal church service - there are even prayer sessions. Very cult-like. Emphasis is placed on making the company money, when it should be squarely placed on taking care of its people.

Advice to Management

Decide whether you're a tech company or a REIT. Talent acquisition and retention should be top priority. This company has turnover rates on-par with Wal-Mart, and treats their employees with about as much consideration. QTS is a company following business, management and tech trends that were outdated 10 years ago, and poorly at that. Get with the times. Get rid of the hierarchy and take care of your people above all others.

"The worst Company I have ever had the misfortune of working for. Dead End to your career.."

I worked at QTS full-time

Pros

+Free Coffee , but you will be written up if you use one of the companies Styrofoam cups next to the coffee machine. This coffee could cost you your job so I guess it's not free after all.

Cons

- Every single aspect of this company is absolutely horrible, there is absolutely no vision for growth. - Management does not care one single bit about improving or even implementing processes or documentation, nothing will ever change as long as they have non technical people making decisions and ignoring tech peoples advice. - People who have been with the company for over 6 months are completely demoralized and you can tell. They keep to themselves and hold on information on how to perform their job. They will not share for fear they will be replaced and if they do then congratulations you have already been ensured your promotion. - If you are the type of person who cares about your job or advancing your career then this is not the place for you. You will absolutely regret signing on here. - I had been with QTS for a few years and left in late 2014 by my own choice, I still hear horror stories even today. It took me almost a year to write a review so I could step back and reflect on the experience I had here and not be biased. - QTS is a dead end if you are in the technical field. Working here might actually look bad on your resume as I have had interviewers who had been disgusted at the sight of these 3 letters and said that I maybe have unlearned to much to be an asset to them. Bottom line is find another company if you have any sort of respect for yourself.

Advice to Management

There is absolutely nothing that can be said here that they will take into consideration. Over my time at this company I tried numerous times to give advice on the policy / technical level. They absolutely do not care at all.

"Worst Career Experience Ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

I worked at QTS full-time

Pros

There are some good people trying to perform technical work, even if it is just a very small percentage of this incredibly top heavy company.

Cons

Upper management will lie to your face moments before showing you the door. You receive high praise for your contributions and are told how valued you are one week, and then literally the very next week you're being told that the <latest> reorganization has consolidated or eliminated your position and you are immediately escorted out the door with a smile and a handshake.

Advice to Management

Stop playing the Christianity card. There's nothing Christian-like in the way you've treated so many people that believed in and dedicated themselves to the company's mission. And read this board, there's lots of honest and accurate criticism in the posts.

"Cannot Believe What I Witnessed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Suwanee, GA

Pros

Nice building to work in and good co-workers. That's it.

Cons

I just watched someone I work with be informed at 4:30 PM on a Friday afternoon that his contract has been terminated immediately and that this was his last day. This individual came into QTS about 1.5 years ago and did an incredible job creating and launching a new product for QTS in just under 5 months. This product is expected to generate millions of dollars for QTS in the years to come. He was a stand-up guy, got along great with everyone in the company, and did a really good job with his product. To make matters worse, he and his wife are expecting twins in 2 months. Unreal that you could do this to someone that was so dedicated to a company, even as a contractor. He didn't violate any code of conduct that I'm aware of, so this is just baffling to me and everyone here at QTS. He did ask to telecommute for about 3 weeks after his twins were born to help out his wife and supposedly the COO and CTO of the company didn't like that. Their comment was "Why does he need to stay home? We didn't when we had our kids" It's 2015, are you kidding me?!? My advice, stay very far away from this company. They obviously do not care about people, at all. Truly unbelievable and now has me and my co-workers thinking of leaving ASAP because of this. Me and my co-workers are speechless. This is not how a great human being should be treated, period.

Advice to Management

Are you serious? How could you just terminate someone that has done a great job for QTS, loved by everyone, and has twins on the way in 2 months? Did he really deserve to be treated this way? You couldn't give the guy to the end of the year to wrap up things? Very, very low and disturbing. Don't know how you sleep at night, you greedy, shallow people.

RSS Feed </> Embed