QVC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sucked"

I worked at QVC part-time

Pros

The Pros of working at Qvc is that they give good discounts.

Cons

No remorse or empathy when it comes to their employees having serious personal issues. It's very hard to get time off even if you have the needed time off.

2. "Its ok."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at QVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its a good place to start out at.

Cons

The breaks seem to go by quickly.

3. "Drop Ship/Distribution, Logistics"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at QVC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great team members and wonderful to work with in a constantly changing environment.

Cons

No room for growth. Inconsistency in changes for day to day running of business.

"Could be worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

90% of the people you work with are wonderful people. The variety of worker backgrounds is astounding. There is a Starbucks in the building. There is a cafeteria in the building.

Cons

Constantly changing priorities. Management is painfully disconnected from the people doing the work. There seems to be a push to use external contractors both onsite and offshore. This makes it increasingly difficult to keep good talent in-house, and a lot of important information is lost as people and contractors leave. It's amazing how some individuals can keep their jobs when they make everyone's' lives so much more difficult.

Advice to Management

Be more approachable. This does not mean to have more skip level meetings. If you are going to introduce Agile methodologies, it would be better to start with training before rolling it out for a year or two.

5. "Great place to start in out of college"

I have been working at QVC full-time

Pros

The atmosphere is great! The software development space has been completely redone in the past 2 years. The office is an open floor plan allowing you to easily connect with anyone. Everyone has standing desks that are amazing.

Everyone is very helpful with sharing knowledge and experience. If you are having trouble with something ask someone and if they cannot help you they will point you to the person who can. It is a very refreshing then. The environment is great for learning. On day one you are thrown into the trenches and start coding. There isn't an expectation on performance. The mindset is that you learn by doing and getting your hands dirty.

Option to work from home. Flexible work hours. Standard 37.5 hour work week. There is a big emphasis on work life balance. Lots of fun events happen through the year as well. Different parties and celebrations.

Cons

Slow moving technology company. There is a lot of technical debt which is something that most companies of this size and age. Management is slow moving when it comes to updating/upgrading technology.

Fear of audits has created a lot of internal red tape to do anything. It becomes burdensome when trying to get work done in a timely manner when the flow is halted by internal processes.

Pay is lower than expected compared to other companies within the area. Not low enough to rule them out as a employer but noticeably lower.

Promotions are hard to come by. A few coworkers of mine had left because of being denied promotions. From my experience it takes longer to move up within this company than other companies within the area. It has caused good talent to leave.

Advice to Management

Make a strive to update/upgrade technology to leverage the new talent coming out of college. Offer starting salaries that are competitive with local companies.

6. "Only lasted 5 shifts"

Current Employee - Order Services in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Order Services in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at QVC (Less than a year)

Pros

good deals like employee discount

Cons

very repetitive and boring work

"I love going to work."

Current Employee - Order Entry Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Order Entry Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at QVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MY supervisor is excellent and helps with anything that he can. I love the paid floating holidays and the discount makes it even better.

Cons

Have to work one weekend day.

8. "Appearance on the outside is not what you get on the inside"

I have been working at QVC full-time

Pros

Employee discount on merchandise.
    That's all. Glassdoor wanted me to enter more than 5 words but I found it difficult.

Cons

No advancement, poor management direction, poor planning for events and other areas.

Advice to Management

Find strong leaders instead of pretenders. Most managers are just trying to cover themselves and truly don't have the skills to succeed. They like to use "management speak" to make themselves feel better without truly accomplishing anything. Senior management and CEO are on a higher level than department managers.

"The most racist company I have ever known"

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at QVC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is encouraged so they understand the need to let their talent rest.The commute is not bad And the employee discount is fair.

Cons

The company only promotes and actively seeks out talent that is white Anglo Saxon it does not actively promote or encourage people who are of color to be apart of its culture. If you are not female or white you will not be cultivated here.

That atmosphere is petty and childish high school mentally floats through out the entire company. If you are different in anyway you are treated as if you "are not the right fit"

I have personally experienced the discrimination from both department managers and senior level management. QVC DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE OF COLOR. They discriminate based on whether they would want to know you socially they do not care about whether your actually qualified for a job. I was told multiple times that I was qualified but they weren't sure I would "fit in" this is one of the many excuses that they use to actively deny young professionals of color on to their payroll.

Advice to Management

The best of the best does not only come in a white package seek talent from all sources not just West Chester elite and maybe your entire staff will not be lily white

10. "Intern"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in West Chester, PA

I have been working at QVC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and a lovely place to work. The people here are kind and welcoming.

Cons

There aren't many downsides to working at QVC - I just have a long commute!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - the intern program is great. We really feel like a part of the team